ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you are left that were here when Plano and I started FGF ?

Back then I was the only one that had a digital camera. It was slow as molasse.
That's what got me in with Kerry Tharp USC Sports Information Director.
Radio, TV and the Newspapers did not want to let the Internet in, but I beat their Ass. Hard work and fun.
I'm still active, drive my car and fly my Ercoupe (airplane). I was the one that encouraged Shoe to join Rivals.

Anyone remember when Rusty the Rooster asked LCD what she was wearing?

How he called people POS and tater if he disagreed with someone? When he called people out to fight in parking lots?

Moderators had to be added causing extra work.

I remember the Bailey Board and a page 5 (?) board.

Radio, TV and the Newspapers did not want to let the Internet in, but I beat their Ass. Hard work and fun.
I'm still active, drive my car and fly my Ercoupe (airplane). I was the one that encouraged Shoe to join Rivals.

I thought you sold your airplane at one point. Did you buy another or did you mothball it for a while?

Use SC14 or SC99? Just curious. I fly out of KGMU but I’m looking for hangar space.

Reactions: SCexpat38
To be honest. I always preferred Digital Roost, then Cockytalk. Never came here because I hated the format. All the other sites shut down over time, so yeah, I'm here now.

I was in 98-99ish. I was first on Border Wars....don't remember if that was linked into FGF directly, if one was bought or how that worked. Different user name for first 10-12 years back then.

I mostly lurked back then but have been entertained on here since sometime in '98 or '99.

I started following this site during the Holtz years and joined at some point while he was here. There seemed to be a lot of "regulars" on the board even though it must have been only a few years old a that point. Thanks for helping start this place Coupe, it's been a home away from home for me ever since.

It was in the Spring of 1998.
Here from the beginning, and was on some of the predecessor boards, Roberts and Baileys, one of them was on dial-up! And on the "super secret" fake site with the "big news"! - still one of the best internet pranks ever pulled! Good to hear from you sir.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
I'd like to know what you did with that cell phone that got you in trouble with Coach Holtz? 🤣

Thanks for getting me on the field Coupe! This season will be 18 as a GC photog. Wishing you the best!

Jan 2000 for me but I was Ken in LA back then.

LA = Los Angeles

Live in the Bay Area now but never updated my handle.
Ken: I was living in LA back then; I think I ran into you at a bar along the coast back then. Maybe it was at an Alumni Association party or something like that — memory is shot these days. I went by a different handle back then as well — and of course I can’t even remember what that was.
I remember being on GC central using prodigy.net and the old internet dial tone.
Early Prodigy access guy myself

I came in here during the summer of 2000. I hope to be here 2041 to be able to look back and say the hiring of Shane Beamer put South Carolina football on the road to becoming a consistent national powerhouse.

I came in here during the summer of 2000. I hope to be here 2041 to be able to look back and say the hiring of Shane Beamer put South Carolina football on the road to becoming a consistent national powerhouse.
I think that, if Beamer proves to be the savior, you'll be in a position to make that pronouncement not later than 2031.

I was here, name then was Fowlmood. Met you at a gathering. You did a great thing and it has certainly taken on a life of its own.

Reactions: roosterbell
Right here. Went by a different name in the FGF days. Greatly miss some of these:
1 - Prior day's top posts
2 - FreeHawk, Trooper Dell; Car Flag Maker, CockLiv, CaliCock, DBMack, Drumstick, CockAttorney2, Gaimcock,
3 - Phil Petty Wars
4 - Debating Pinkens use of laces when tossing the ball....or was it Jenkins
5 - Hells Bells prior to ACDC 2001
6 - The guy that made the Lou Holtz/Steve Spurrier Coldplay videos
7 - This boards ridiculous fantasy that Hyman was out to get Garcia
8 - Debating Fat Brad's use of all black unis in 90+ degree heat
9 - Clemson's Finest Post
10 - The barbeque page

The list could go on for miles. The prior site was a massive time suck when you were stuck in a miserable job. Miss the old days.

I was here. Plano's Page 3 was my lifeline to recruiting back in the late 90's. I don't remember my log in name back then. What ever happened to LCD? A very nice lady as I remember.

Right here. Went by a different name in the FGF days. Greatly miss some of these:
1 - Prior day's top posts
2 - FreeHawk, Trooper Dell; Car Flag Maker, CockLiv, CaliCock, DBMack, Drumstick, CockAttorney2, Gaimcock,
3 - Phil Petty Wars
4 - Debating Pinkens use of laces when tossing the ball....or was it Jenkins
5 - Hells Bells prior to ACDC 2001
6 - The guy that made the Lou Holtz/Steve Spurrier Coldplay videos
7 - This boards ridiculous fantasy that Hyman was out to get Garcia
8 - Debating Fat Brad's use of all black unis in 90+ degree heat
9 - Clemson's Finest Post
10 - The barbeque page

The list could go on for miles. The prior site was a massive time suck when you were stuck in a miserable job. Miss the old days.
You left out Cock Hudson 🤣

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT