ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you are left that were here when Plano and I started FGF ?

Who was Trooper Del and where did he go?

He was on here for years but he passed away suddenly not too long ago. I think he was in NYC on 9/11.

TrooperDel passed away almost 10 years ago. There was a thread just this week on TOS about him and one of his last posts dated Jan 3rd, 2012 about him admitting he was wrong about Spurrier hire.

Reactions: king ward
Started as F170Malibu whenever Holtz was hired. So probably late 98 early 99 for me. Reports on the first recruiting class intrigued me.

I remember Plano’s page. I used to visit as San Antone Cock in 1996 where I lived in 1996-97. Then we moved back to GBO and I’ve been a member ever since. Happy 93rd to you Coupe.

Reactions: king ward
Here from the start in 1998. Several name changes but the Original GamecocksRock

It was in the Spring of 1998.
I was reading soon after, I was a freshman fall of '98. I got an account to get tickets to Holtz's first game at NC State a lady's dad went into the hospital earlier that week and I bought her tickets.

I was there. You threw me out of a chatroom one time not knowing that my UGA Bulldog brother-in-law jumped on the computer while my back was turned and started talking sh*t LOL !

Reactions: vacock#
It was in the Spring of 1998.
Mois'!!!! By the way, How YOU doing Coupe?? And I may be mistaken, but wasn't your original UN Er'coupe or something kinda similar?? No biggy!! Hope ALL is well!!!

Gaimcock

I was here, under AtlCock, but moved to Alpharetta and went to Rivals with this screen name. I honestly still prefer thread view rather than topic view (or the opposite, how ever you can see subjects on a tree). And I'm looking for @Snotty Peed 61 to post stories again.

You still judging BBQ?

Last edited:
I want to thank you for replying to this thread. It made me very happy.
Here from the beginning. Fellow pilot. Had my plane at CDN. Met you a couple times at Owens. Took my written at Owens.

Last edited:
Here from the beginning. Fellow pilot. Had my plane at CDN. Met you a couple times at Owens. Took my written at Owens.
I fly out of GMU but had my commercial practical test at Owens. The radio calls were confusing me. Everyone was calling Owens “Columbia Downtown”. GMU is Greenville Downtown (vs. Donaldson and GSP). I passed it anyway.

Reactions: Gaimcock
BASCock - Present and accounted for since Holtz 2nd season of Spring Practise. I remember Holtz throwing an absolute "Controlled" Tirade at end of practise....I AM TIRED OF LOSING,,, I AM TIRED OF LOSING,,, I AM TIRED OF GETTING OUR ASSES KICKED....LISTEN TO YOUR COACHES, PLAY AS A TEAM, PLAY AS A FAMILY FIGHTING FOR ITS LIFE..... After that I created "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" practise reports ! Then the GAMECOCKS had the largest turnaround in a season for WINS and went on to the Outback victories....it was Holtz at his best !

I was also the infamous Hadji on the Barnyard show. "This....is Hadji"

Last edited:
Right here. Went by a different name in the FGF days. Greatly miss some of these:
1 - Prior day's top posts
2 - FreeHawk, Trooper Dell; Car Flag Maker, CockLiv, CaliCock, DBMack, Drumstick, CockAttorney2, Gaimcock,
3 - Phil Petty Wars
4 - Debating Pinkens use of laces when tossing the ball....or was it Jenkins
5 - Hells Bells prior to ACDC 2001
6 - The guy that made the Lou Holtz/Steve Spurrier Coldplay videos
7 - This boards ridiculous fantasy that Hyman was out to get Garcia
8 - Debating Fat Brad's use of all black unis in 90+ degree heat
9 - Clemson's Finest Post
10 - The barbeque page

The list could go on for miles. The prior site was a massive time suck when you were stuck in a miserable job. Miss the old days.

Atlas man I hope you're doing Great!!!!

I haven't heard from Cali myself in quite sometime, as I cannot access the specific Email account within which used to chat w/ Cali and several others!! A few of that group are over at TOS (I need to access it myself, but for some reason have just never signed up/in for it!! In fact, isn't that where you're at quite a bit?? No biggy, just askin'!

Again, its good to see ya Atlas!! Hope all is well, and please holla back at me here sometime!!

Gaimcock

I was here during Brad Scott’s tenure, as USC75. Made a few negative posts and was accused of being a Clemson fan in disguise, so quit posting around 2000. Had fun on Kevin Cohen’s AST. Came back here a couple of years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: myrtlecock
Atlas man I hope you're doing Great!!!!

I haven't heard from Cali myself in quite sometime, as I cannot access the specific Email account within which used to chat w/ Cali and several others!! A few of that group are over at TOS (I need to access it myself, but for some reason have just never signed up/in for it!! In fact, isn't that where you're at quite a bit?? No biggy, just askin'!

Again, its good to see ya Atlas!! Hope all is well, and please holla back at me here sometime!!

Gaimcock

I am doing well, thanks for asking. Those were good times way back then. Thankfully, although I still love them, the Gamecocks do not do as much for me as they used to. In other words, when they lose, I am not ruined for several days after. Hope all is good.

Reactions: Gaimcock
TrooperDel passed away almost 10 years ago. There was a thread just this week on TOS about him and one of his last posts dated Jan 3rd, 2012 about him admitting he was wrong about Spurrier hire.
dang...its been nearly 10 years???? smh

Early lurker. This is the only site that I now pay for. At my age paying for anything means it has stood the test of time and has proven its worth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT