ADVERTISEMENT

How Many SEC Losses Would Eliminate Us From the SEC East Race, And Thus Open Up 12/1?

I say "two". Reach two SEC losses and 12/1 becomes available for a makeup game.
For us to beat UK and Vandy (yes, Vandy), FL and Ole Miss in away games and ATM at home sounds improbable. Need some serious breaks in these games to win... breaks we don't seem to get anymore.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
For us to beat UK and Vandy (yes, Vandy), FL and Ole Miss in away games and ATM at home sounds improbable. Need some serious breaks in these games to win... breaks we don't seem to get anymore.
Our offense has to do more and I think it can do more. But our defense is undersized in key areas, and undermanned in terms of quality numbers. It's going to tell on us some more.

Our offense has to do more and I think it can do more. But our defense is undersized in key areas, and undermanned in terms of quality numbers. It's going to tell on us some more.
This is true... and we still outranked Vandy and KY (and perhaps Ole Miss and Mizzou) in recruiting the past 4 years... so we should still have better athletes on the field. Although when you get down to the 3*'s maybe there's not a whole lot of difference. Of course Lock and Shurmer are about 45 years old by now, too.

This is true... and we still outranked Vandy and KY (and perhaps Ole Miss and Mizzou) in recruiting the past 4 years... so we should still have better athletes on the field. Although when you get down to the 3*'s maybe there's not a whole lot of difference. Of course Lock and Shurmer are about 45 years old by now, too.
It's a little bit like Va. Tech. They've never had ultra-high rankings, but that's because they don't go after as much glitz. They get the kind of physical players we need right now in the front seven.

Reactions: HI Cock
I say 2 also. UGA might not lose a game until the SEC CG but they still have a couple of games on their schedule they could slip up in. Auburn is always tough and I think they may play LSU this year.
LSU is our toughest IMO. We're on a 10-3 run with Auburn at the moment and they haven't won in Athens since Bush was President. I actually think we'll steamroll Auburn between the hedges. It's our biggest home game this year by far. Our 3 most difficult regular season games this year in order are 1-@ LSU,
2- @ South Carolina, 3- Auburn in Athens.

UGA is very good. We made them look like the Eagles. Chances are they don’t blow out very many more teams not named UMass by 24 or more. They still supposedly have inexperience at a few positions, and not nearly the backs they had last year even though we probably put them in the Heisman conversation. Won’t be surprised at all if they lose in Death Valley, especially if it’s at night.
Since last year our average margin of victory against the SEC is around 28 points.

Oh I agree. I should’ve clarified... I just mean hypothetically at any point in the future. I almost think we’d have to be undefeated to get in.
Well, hypothetically, if we win out, we'd have a win against the greatest team in history (the ones with greatness inside them) and Alabama. There's no way that team isn't getting into the playoffs, even with an ugly loss to UGA.

But that ain't happening.

The better question should be "What's more likely; we win out in the SEC, or Georgia loses 2 SEC games?" Based on what we've seen so far, neither one is likely, but when you need _both_ to happen, you are approaching Powerball Jackpot odds.

Well, hypothetically, if we win out, we'd have a win against the greatest team in history (the ones with greatness inside them) and Alabama. There's no way that team isn't getting into the playoffs, even with an ugly loss to UGA.

But that ain't happening.

The better question should be "What's more likely; we win out in the SEC, or Georgia loses 2 SEC games?" Based on what we've seen so far, neither one is likely, but when you need _both_ to happen, you are approaching Powerball Jackpot odds.
Beautifully expressed. Right up there with Shakespeare.

Best thing that could happen for us to get into playoffs was for Georgia to beat us and us run the table. Then Georgia and us win out and they lose in champ game to Bama. We get into playoffs without having to go through Bama
Y'all need to worry about breaking that 4 game losing streak against Kentucky first.

Reactions: Zann77 and BAdawg77
Y'all need to worry about breaking that 4 game losing streak against Kentucky first.

Y’all need to take up collection to downsize dumbos ears
Last time y’all played Kentucky they kicked your azz

UGA is very good. We made them look like the Eagles. Chances are they don’t blow out very many more teams not named UMass by 24 or more. They still supposedly have inexperience at a few positions, and not nearly the backs they had last year even though we probably put them in the Heisman conversation. Won’t be surprised at all if they lose in Death Valley, especially if it’s at night.

Too many people confuse lack of experience with lack of talent. Actually, chances are that they blow out almost everyone on their schedule because their talent is just that good. Wait and see. They certainly blew out almost everyone on their schedule last year until the playoffs. Yes, they lost experience, but their talent level actually increased across the board. Fromm has another year under his belt and now throw Justin Fields into the mix.

Yeah, there will be a lot of teams not named UMass losing by 24+ to UGA.

And those backs that they have are really damn good.

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
LSU is our toughest IMO. We're on a 10-3 run with Auburn at the moment and they haven't won in Athens since Bush was President. I actually think we'll steamroll Auburn between the hedges. It's our biggest home game this year by far. Our 3 most difficult regular season games this year in order are 1-@ LSU,
2- @ South Carolina, 3- Auburn in Athens.
We might have seemed tough on paper but damn sure weren't in person. We put up as much fight as Austin Peay.

Reactions: Zann77 and lostcock
Won’t be Mizzou losing by 24, and I get the talent/experience thing, but you don’t replace backs like they had in 2017 that easily. That OL will help make these new guys look good for sure. Maybe they’ll blow everyone else out, but it’s more a testament to how we crapped the bed against them in the 2nd half in particular. I’m sure very few if any of their opponents will give up 21 points to start the 2nd half just like that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT