ADVERTISEMENT

How will Chip Kelley change us when named head coach?

images

Guarantee you that Chip will be announced as the next HC at USC. The only problem is that it will be USC (West).

To answer the OP He will stop the pillow fight practices and recruit in beast mode.

As big of a name as he is, Kelly seems a lot like Spurrier to me in many ways. He would come here to see if HE could do it, not out of a desire to build something. He would be coming off a failure in the NFL. And he would continually be more famous for being Oregon's coach than our own. I also don't know how well he would fit in the culture of southern football... he's about as much of a New Englander as you get (he was born in New Hampshire). I would enjoy watching him chew up our press though lol.

As big of a name as he is, Kelly seems a lot like Spurrier to me in many ways. He would come here to see if HE could do it, not out of a desire to build something. He would be coming off a failure in the NFL. And he would continually be more famous for being Oregon's coach than our own. I also don't know how well he would fit in the culture of southern football... he's about as much of a New Englander as you get (he was born in New Hampshire). I would enjoy watching him chew up our press though lol.

Pay him Saban money and he will become a southerner. Most of them want to move down here anyway to better weather.

Dabo is a Bama man but you never would know it. Bring chip to the WB.

Reactions: Angel_Martin
Pay him Saban money and he will become a southerner. Most of them want to move down here anyway to better weather.

Dabo is a Bama man but you never would know it. Bring chip to the WB.

Really, jonez? Dabo is more country than a chicken coop. He's name is "Dabo" for god's sake.

Keilly is a west coast guy. At this rate, if Kelly gets fired, if he ends up at USC, it's not the one in Columbia
What he said. On ESPN this morning. Now Chris Peterson was interviewed for the job after Kiffin was fired. I believe they would like a do over. Young, proven, great recruiter. Smart likely another Muschamp. I hope we don't hire a coordinator. We don't have too.

Reactions: armoloyse
Really, jonez? Dabo is more country than a chicken coop. He's name is "Dabo" for god's sake.

Just saying coaches have alligence to the dollar now not a school. Nick saban has coached at 13 different places. I imagine money had a lot to do with his moves since he hasn't went back to kent st yet

Reactions: blizzard
Just saying coaches have alligence to the dollar now not a school. Nick saban has coached at 13 different places. I imagine money had a lot to do with his moves since he hasn't went back to kent st yet

But you can't really compare Saban at Michigan St to Chip Kelly now. Kelly's already rich from 3 seasons in the NFL, so he can wait until he gets his ideal job in the college game. He's going to get paid no matter where he goes.

But you can't really compare Saban at Michigan St to Chip Kelly now. Kelly's already rich from 3 seasons in the NFL, so he can wait until he gets his ideal job in the college game. He's going to get paid no matter where he goes.

Yep and usually there are about 6 programs every year that need a coach . Besides he is still in Philly.

People who say "Chip Kelly is west coast guy" don't know what they're posting about. I don't know if he'd come but you have to ask. He may prefer the college game and is looking to get back in.

Get on the phone HBC. Part of final legacy is helping with solid replacement like Holtz did for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT