ADVERTISEMENT

*Hurricane Ian updates*

gamecockblack

Jun 25, 2015
Columbia
Good afternoon everyone. Just a heads up there is a storm Hurricane Ian brewing in the gulf of Mexico & its getting stronger fast. It's projected path as of now is headed north straight up towards Florida & Georgia with South Carolina in sight if it stays on its current path.

Good afternoon everyone. Just a heads up there is a storm Hurricane Ian brewing in the gulf of Mexico & its getting stronger fast. It's projected path as of now is headed north straight up towards Florida & Georgia with South Carolina in sight if it stays on its current path.
Been a while since we had a hurricane game. Holtz and nc state. They’ll cancel sc state.

The Weather Channel is reporting everyone on the eastern seaboard will perish.

However, if you goto the actual National Hurricane Center website below, it's currently scheduled to hit the Tampa area as a hurricane, quickly turn into a tropical storm and then tropical depression before it gets out of Florida.

Thus far, noon game might be rainy with 10-15mph winds.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/100939.shtml?cone#contents

Haha about weather channel. Another media disappointment. I was at the NCState game. Miserable but I was young and drunk.

Reactions: Ward Jr
They move the SC State game to Thursday Night? Ian is track to be on top of Columbia at 8pm Thursday Night.
Not from what I have seen

WIS guy said just wind Thursday. I think it hits Florida Thursday, not here.

I think this will be the first Thursday (regular season) night game since playing at Vanderbilt in 2016.

Once again. - taters have no regards for state resources. Guess they use helicopters again to dry their tailgate lots. I’m guessing they will move the game to Sunday - later this week.

If taters decide to play on Saturday. They should have to use their police force and local sheriffs to patrol traffic. The HP will be busy this weekend with other - more important responsibilities.

I’m sure a the standard house taters will oppose this logic. It’s hard to hide sheep. .

Once again. - taters have no regards for state resources. Guess they use helicopters again to dry their tailgate lots. I’m guessing they will move the game to Sunday - later this week.

If taters decide to play on Saturday. They should have to use their police force and local sheriffs to patrol traffic. The HP will be busy this weekend with other - more important responsibilities.

I’m sure a the standard house taters will oppose this logic. It’s hard to hide sheep. .

This morning on WIS, the weather guy was saying rain should drop off by Saturday afternoon.

Of course, some areas in the lower to middle part of the state could face flooding on Friday.

I am glad I do not have to make these decisions.

I think playing the game on Thursday for us was a good idea just to get the game done with no matter what happens.

Reactions: section907
Watching The Weather Channel last night, today, and will be watching tonight.

They are excellent and hopefully will give us insight on what South Carolina can expect tomorrow since that's gameday.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Watching The Weather Channel last night, today, and will be watching tonight.

They are excellent and hopefully will give us insight on what South Carolina can expect tomorrow since that's gameday.
You have to watch those weather channel people carefully. Remember the videos with the weather reporter holding on to a post to keep from being blown away by the terrible winds and two guys and a little dog walked behind him with not a hair blowing out of place? How’d they do that? A good friend in Tampa says the locals listen to no national weather reports because there’s too much hype - but they do listen to the local stations.

Best wishes and prayers to the people in Fort Myers and all others in the path of this storm.

You fellers stay safe over there. Looks like parts of Florida will take a long, long time to get back to “normal”. Hopefully it won’t be nearly as bad when it comes ashore this next time. Prayers for all of you’uns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT