ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll guarantee you this much on Bobo

In the year 2020 kids want to play in a up tempo offense. The key to winning is recruiting. You don't carry a jackass to the Kentucky derby.

There is a lot of truth to that. Still, there is always room for success outside of the current cookie cutter patterns. Nobody enjoys playing teams like Wisconsin annually, they have a unique brand that does not rely on top 25 classes or A HUNH offense. Of course they have an identity, and recruit/develop to that identity. SC needs to find its identity.

This is HIS offense....he is not going to allow anyone, Champ included, to try and do his job. He has the balls and mentality to stop that before it happens. This is his show, first time I think that has been the case completely. Boom is not gonna invade Bobo’s space, no way. And he won’t try to muzzle Bobo like all past coaches have been, this is REFRESHING.

Bobo quote: "No huddle football is very, very effective. It stresses the defense. It allows you to sometimes get cheap yards, but to me football has fundamentally gone downhill because of going so fast."

This is code for "My players don't have a full grasp of the playbook yet and can't execute."

NFL and college are two different things. He could be a bad college OC but an excellent NFL OC.

The X's and O's are the same. The only reason an NFL OC might be a bad college OC is recruiting. The NFL guy might have no talent or inclination for that. But Florida was stacked with talent when Weis and Muschamp were there. Recruiting wasn't why the offense wasn't successful. It was the running of the offense, the X's and O's, something Weis has been good at everywhere else.

The X's and O's are the same. The only reason an NFL OC might be a bad college OC is recruiting. The NFL guy might have no talent or inclination for that. But Florida was stacked with talent when Weis and Muschamp were there. Recruiting wasn't why the offense wasn't successful. It was the running of the offense, the X's and O's, something Weis has been good at everywhere else.
I was trying to nicely say he might not have the same level of aptitude and he certainly didn’t have the same level of practice time.

So Charlie Weis who was OC on three of New England's Super Bowl wins, was OC of the KC Chiefs (taking a previous record of 4–12 and taking them to 10–6 and having the best NFL rushing attack) and OC of the NY Jets where he turned Rodney Hampton into a pro bowler, is a bad OC? Come on. There has to be another explanation.
Weis has never been successful for any college he has been to. Fired from Notre Dame, fired from Kansas, and fired from UF.

Weis has never been successful for any college he has been to. Fired from Notre Dame, fired from Kansas, and fired from UF.

Weiss has been out of coaching since Kansas, that should tell you all you need to know

This is HIS offense....he is not going to allow anyone, Champ included, to try and do his job. He has the balls and mentality to stop that before it happens. This is his show, first time I think that has been the case completely. Boom is not gonna invade Bobo’s space, no way. And he won’t try to muzzle Bobo like all past coaches have been, this is REFRESHING.
Will we still blame Muschamp if this offense doesn't work?

Holtz's first team had no offense line, thus no offense and injuries to QB1 Phil Petty and no back up qb.

Derek Watson was a weapon, always a threat to go the house on a long run, Brian Scott could play as well

That clip is not from Holtz's first year, but your point is a good one.

Watson, apologies to Marcus, is my favorite RB of all time here. Yes, sweep out the stadium, couldn't control himself, blah blah. Yes, I know; doesn't change my opinion of his football skills. As prissy as fans/people are today, they would have run Babe Ruth off.

The Bobo Hiring showed Muschamp isn't willing to get out of his comfort zone. After the news of us going back to a huddle reassures this. Shorten the game, playing ball control has Muschamp written all over it.
There is a fine line between going fast just to go fast and actually taking time off the clock and being efficient. I would trade the no huddle all day for an offense that could sustain drives and actually pick up a 3rd and 1 while running the ball. It fits Champs style but could benefit both sides of the all if executed properly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT