ADVERTISEMENT

I’m in the minority but I like what Silva is doing...

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
He has entered the draft without an agent which allows him to test the waters and get draft experience. If he’s drafted, it’s a feather in the cap for the program. If he returns, he gets great experience and feedback on how to get to the league and a chance to wear the garnet and black again.

Given how late Silva picked up basketball and how much he has accomplished in a short time, it would not surprise me if he is drafted. When he’s on the court we are a tough team to beat.

Having said that, with the surrounding cast we should have next season I do believe Silva could improve his stock by returning. However getting drafted in the NBA is so difficult if he has the chance, he should go regardless of what year that is.

I think it's ok to test the waters and see where you stand. He must be level headed an be sure that he is not bamboozled by the estimated cash that he can receive. If he is not a sure fire first rounder, I would not accept any offer. He needs to improve his play and be able to play at least 85% of each game.

I think it's ok to test the waters and see where you stand. He must be level headed an be sure that he is not bamboozled by the estimated cash that he can receive. If he is not a sure fire first rounder, I would not accept any offer. He needs to improve his play and be able to play at least 85% of each game.

no reason 2 feel like yer n a minority

Good experience for him. Sylva only leaves if he is getting some very bad advice where someone has convinced him that he is going to be a high draft pick. He isn't. Would be lucky to be taken in second round. Just too many facets of his game that need a lot of polish.

Reactions: ddw1263
I don't blame him but not sure if I would say I like it. If he gets some bad advice, we are screwed next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT