ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace my South Carolina fans

matthew1

Apr 9, 2005
I'm a HUGE Dawg fan down here in Brevard County. I'll put this point blank. Y'all got a complete steal in Valentine. Kid ran a 4.31 in a camp a couple weeks ago. Might need to work in his grades a little but man he's a talent. I've coached against him from REC ball all they up to HS Ball. Kid is the real deal. Speed, balance, and vision. Also has ridiculous hands. Love the kid as a prospect.

I'm a HUGE Dawg fan down here in Brevard County. I'll put this point blank. Y'all got a complete steal in Valentine. Kid ran a 4.31 in a camp a couple weeks ago. Might need to work in his grades a little but man he's a talent. I've coached against him from REC ball all they up to HS Ball. Kid is the real deal. Speed, balance, and vision. Also has ridiculous hands. Love the kid as a prospect.
Thanx for the comment dawg! So, how do you see the dawgs going this year?? Me?? Pretty good shot at SEC-E and the SECC! Your opinion...

Reactions: matthew1
Thanx for the comment dawg! So, how do you see the dawgs going this year?? Me?? Pretty good shot at SEC-E and the SECC! Your opinion...

I'm not going that far. We return everybody on Defense. The OL needs to step up but when you sign arguably the number 1 OL class, that helps alleviate some stress. Wilson and Thomas will probably start. Netori Johnson is working though a medical issue but they want him at Guard bad. If the OL can gel, we will have a descent front. TEs are probably the best in the SEC. WRs need to step up but young talent coming in along with Wimms will help. Ridley is a player. I was standing beside him in Orlando when he committed to y'all. He turned to me and said it wasn't his final decision. Really strange turn of events. Anyways, he will be very good. Do I really have to comment on the RBs? Eason can be a player but he just needs to grow

I'm expecting a 10-2 season maybe 9-3

Both South Carolina and Georgia had issues in 2016 season on OL. As you have stated you have upgrades in talent coming in. We do not,we have basically the same players minus a badly out of position LT who is gone in Zandi, our only hope they are coached up better and some positional changes bear fruit.

I'd rather be in your position and have Wilson and Thomas coming in, LOL.

Both units will be key for both teams, I'm also interested to see Eason vs Fromm and how that plays out, I kind of like Fromm better myself from what i've seen.

Reactions: matthew1
I'm not going that far. We return everybody on Defense. The OL needs to step up but when you sign arguably the number 1 OL class, that helps alleviate some stress. Wilson and Thomas will probably start. Netori Johnson is working though a medical issue but they want him at Guard bad. If the OL can gel, we will have a descent front. TEs are probably the best in the SEC. WRs need to step up but young talent coming in along with Wimms will help. Ridley is a player. I was standing beside him in Orlando when he committed to y'all. He turned to me and said it wasn't his final decision. Really strange turn of events. Anyways, he will be very good. Do I really have to comment on the RBs? Eason can be a player but he just needs to grow

I'm expecting a 10-2 season maybe 9-3
I will argue with you about the tight ends.

Reactions: Gradstudent

Where at in Brevard County ? I may be relocating to Melbourne in few months. Currently in Surfside Beach SC. How do you like it down there ? I do some surfing so it's better for that. Doesn't appear to be as crowded as here. Have family in Ft Lauderdale. Too crowded down there. Your Dawgs could/should be favorites in the East. Although Tenn fans probably think they are. SMH

Where at in Brevard County ? I may be relocating to Melbourne in few months. Currently in Surfside Beach SC. How do you like it down there ? I do some surfing so it's better for that. Doesn't appear to be as crowded as here. Have family in Ft Lauderdale. Too crowded down there. Your Dawgs could/should be favorites in the East. Although Tenn fans probably think they are. SMH

Depends on which area of Melbourne. Brevard is a ridiculously improving county that has an abundance of growth opportunity. Olive in Melbourne and enjoy it. Nice area to live and raise a family

Both South Carolina and Georgia had issues in 2016 season on OL. As you have stated you have upgrades in talent coming in. We do not,we have basically the same players minus a badly out of position LT who is gone in Zandi, our only hope they are coached up better and some positional changes bear fruit.

I'd rather be in your position and have Wilson and Thomas coming in, LOL.

Both units will be key for both teams, I'm also interested to see Eason vs Fromm and how that plays out, I kind of like Fromm better myself from what i've seen.

Fromm is the future but Eason will grow leaps and bounds this year. Guy has the talent. Just needs protection and confidence. I think he'll be so much better than last year. We'll see

Seems to be a popular opinion among the media simply because of Chubb and Michel returning or the number of returning starters on defense. Plus, since Jacob Eason was a 5-star recruit, many assume he'll start playing like a 5-star in college now that he has some experience.

But until they prove they are much stronger at the line of scrimmage, the talent and experience they have elsewhere could be squandered once again. The OL was a disaster last year, particularly in run-blocking, which limits the effectiveness of those great RBs and thereby puts a ton of a pressure on an unproven QB. And the OC certainly didn't help matters with his stubborn scheme and play-calling. Meanwhile, the defensive line couldn't create enough QB pressure and they were among the worst units in the country in the red zone. Also, while it may sound trivial, the punting game was a major liability and cost them a ton of field position. Possibly my biggest concern of all is the fact that their best performance may have been in the opener vs. UNC. Sadly, they didn't seem to improve as the season went along.

So, although there are some reasons for optimism, I'm not at all ready to assume UGA will win the East. In fact, if that happens, I'll be pleasantly surprised. That expectation has gone unfulfilled too many times to bet that this year will be the exception.

As for the overall SEC title, it hasn't been won by an eastern division team this decade, so what makes anyone think this will be the year that changes?

It's probably bad form for me to share such a Debbie Downer perspective on a Gamecock board rather than a UGA board, but this is certainly not what I'm hoping for. I'd love to be wrong about all this. Just calling it like I see it.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Eason's dad is on the greatest football video game of all time, super tecmo bowl, he does have that going for him.

th

200_s.gif

I lived in Melbourne for close to a decade and loved the place. Still go back for vacations and to see friends. Awesome place I miss very much!

Reactions: mbsurfside
Melbourne is cool. Spent many a trip down that way. You ain't far from Orlando (whoop. E.), and West Palm Beach is right below ya about an hour or so. Port St. Lucie has always been kewl for me as-well.

In fact, I've been down in those areas of Florida a heckuva lot before I've been back to Myrtle!! Had some good times in SurfSide many moons ago, but it seems as if things just ain't the same down that way to some of us. Just sayin.

Fromm is the future but Eason will grow leaps and bounds this year. Guy has the talent. Just needs protection and confidence. I think he'll be so much better than last year. We'll see

Not impressed with Eason. He was God awful in Columbia against our lousy defense. He can chunk it somewhat but I won't be surprised if Fromm beats him out mid-year.

Melbourne is cool. Spent many a trip down that way. You ain't far from Orlando (whoop. E.), and West Palm Beach is right below ya about an hour or so. Port St. Lucie has always been kewl for me as-well.

In fact, I've been down in those areas of Florida a heckuva lot before I've been back to Myrtle!! Had some good times in SurfSide many moons ago, but it seems as if things just ain't the same down that way to some of us. Just sayin.

I agree about things changing here. They are implementing so many BS rules it's driving people away. Thanks for info

Not impressed with Eason. He was God awful in Columbia against our lousy defense. He can chunk it somewhat but I won't be surprised if Fromm beats him out mid-year.

That was just a bad game. Only had 17 attempts for 29 yards. We also rushed for 330 yards so he didn't really need to do much. That was also coming off a very devastating loss against Tennesse and a game delayed one day and played on a Sunday. Not giving excuses but he ended the year pretty good. Just a bad game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT