ADVERTISEMENT

I do not believe I'm sunshine pumping .....

I really don't see a lot of good defenses on Clemson's schedule. Their offense could be top 2 good in the country. Their defense will not be as good, but they have 2 NFL talents roaming the secondary. That will help them a lot, while their 4 and 5 stars on the front 7, get comfy. They may still be a top 25 unit. They replace their long snapper though. Could hurt the kicking game.

Our Gamecock defense will be better, but I'm still not sold on our defensive line and they affects the entire defense. I think our QB will be more athletic than Dylan, but will teams double Pharoah and take him out of the game?

Ok WRs yes they are better. DL is up in the air at this point. What makes you think Clemsux will have a better DL?? LB's I will take ours. They are proven and yours are not, (see our WRs other than Cooper). You lost almost your entire D. Same thing happened to us last year. We THOUGHT we would reload and you think the same thing. We had players behind our starters that were getting PT also but much different when you are the main playmakers than just being a role player. I am sure eventually you will figure that out. Just may take some time. In the meantime, continue with all of the idiotic posts. They are good for entertainment.

Reactions: NetworkX
when I say I believe we can win 9 + games this year. Why?
1. the offense can be somewhere from nearly as good to better than last year. I look for the defense to be quite a bit better.
a. OL should be solid though not quite as good as last yr. we do need to stay as healthy as possible.
b. QB. CM more accurate DT. Longer ball control drives should be the norm.
c. RB's will be a strength
d. WR Cooper is a stud. We have young talent that must step it up
e. TE. Considering Anderson had a year filled with injury, I look for us to be a little better than last yr.
summary: I expect a good O this yr. SOS will devoye 100% of efforts on the O.

2. Defense
a. DE significant talent up grades. Lewis & Sawyer. should have a solid rush this yr.
b. DT has size and depth. They should be better as a group solely due to experience.
c. LB. 3 high quality starters. should be a team strength.
d. CB. solid 2 deep with athletic talent.
e. S's. JUCO newcomers a real shot in the arm. Have experienced returners as well.
summary: Hole is a better DC than Whammy. He will find ways to put our best defenders in positions to excel.
The 4th qtr collapses vs UT, Mizzou, UK should not happen again. I could see us winning 9 games ... maybe 10.

The 4th. quarter collapses last yr,. still make me sick. I think back to the Ky. game where we let a small rb run straight down the middle and beat us, the MIzzu. beat us with a qb that was 7-18 until the last three minutes of the game and against Tn. we ran a roll out with DT to his left in overtime and I knew we were finished.

Because in the series between USC and Clemson the team with the better defense has been winning every year for a while now. This season USC will have a better defense than Clemson.
Apparently, you weren't paying attention last season. Clemson had plenty of defensive depth last season & will return plenty of firepower this year. No, we probably won't finish this season with the #1 ranked defense in the nation but I fully expect to field a top 20 defense this fall...

Venables took a hideous defense & turned it into the best defense in the nation in just three seasons...think about that! You really think it's all just gonna fall apart now?? Highly unlikely...

Here's the problem for Scar's defense though...it was no better at the end of the season than it was at the beginning. Despite coaching, a defense that has some talent will generally improve throughout the season. But your defense didn't which is an indication of a real lack of talent on that side of the ball...you're gonna be dependent on true freshman along that D-line...ouch

Wow you really are clueless. First of all Lewis is not a true freshman and will probably be the best DL on either team. Sawyer is a year removed from HS as is Wideman. Blackshear is a true freshman. No way your D doesn't take a significant step back. Lost too many players. Don't care what you say your so called depth was. They were on bench. Against some crappy ACC schools they will be ok but a good offense will score on your D. Wait and see

Wow you really are clueless. First of all Lewis is not a true freshman and will probably be the best DL on either team. Sawyer is a year removed from HS as is Wideman. Blackshear is a true freshman. No way your D doesn't take a significant step back. Lost too many players. Don't care what you say your so called depth was. They were on bench. Against some crappy ACC schools they will be ok but a good offense will score on your D. Wait and see

I believe the poster predicted a top 20 defense next year which would be significant step back considering the 2014 CU group was #1 in total defense. We all expect a drop off, but we don't expect to fall off as significantly as SC did in 2014. That seems to be what most posters here expect. You are way off base if you think that Lewis can be expected to play at the level of Shaq Lawson. Lawson has played hundreds of snaps over the past two years and he has been productive. He is proven against D-1 competition, while Lewis has never played a down of college football.

Part of the reason CU's defense was so good last year was their depth. Whether they have a good D or not this coming year will depend on how good the guys are behind their starters. If the second team defense is bad, they may have 4th quarter collapses like we did last year when our starters got too tired.
As far as my prediction for our season, I think we finish the regular season 7-5 and win our bowl game (8-5). Just for the helluva it, I'll go ahead and predict that we beat GT in the Belk Bowl.

Everybody loses players every year & no doubt, we lost some good ones...BUT, you don't have the #1 defense in the nation without having some quality depth...starters alone cannot achieve such a feat...

Everybody loses players every year & no doubt, we lost some good ones...BUT, you don't have the #1 defense in the nation without having some quality depth...starters alone cannot achieve such a feat...

If you want to see how all those backups will play, then go back and watch the last three drives by Oklahoma in the bowl game. Towards the end of the game, clemmons started playing less starters and more backups on D. OU drove down the field pretty easily against the 2nd team starting about the 8 min mark and scored their only TD of the game. Their last possession they were moving the ball pretty well again, but ran out of time or it's likely they would have scored again.

When you have the #1 D, and switch out a couple of backup's there isn't much drop off, but when you switch out all of them, it makes a much bigger difference. Losing 8 Sr starters and 2 key Sr backups will be very telling this fall. Clemmons D will play like a top 25 D in their first two games, but then they will drop back and look more like a top 50 D once they get into the meat of their sched. I know the clemmons mantra now is that all their backups got plenty of experience last year, and that's probably true, but overall they ain't got the talents that Beasley, Jarrett, and the others had.

That's the way I see it, and I could be way off but none of us will really know how good clemmons D will be this year until we see them play.

I believe the poster predicted a top 20 defense next year which would be significant step back considering the 2014 CU group was #1 in total defense. We all expect a drop off, but we don't expect to fall off as significantly as SC did in 2014. That seems to be what most posters here expect. You are way off base if you think that Lewis can be expected to play at the level of Shaq Lawson. Lawson has played hundreds of snaps over the past two years and he has been productive. He is proven against D-1 competition, while Lewis has never played a down of college football.

To be fair you have to admit that your defense was statistically first based on numbers against a weak schedule. Were they the number one defense in the nation? Who can say? Was Oklahoma any good? Your new found energy is based on wins against weak USC and Oklahoma teams.

Ah man you're right. The number 1 defense last season is just going to fall off the face of the earth even though players were rotated in and out of games, plus an offseason to get better. Yeah, you're right. Guess Clemson will drop into oblivion like USC did.
Dumbo finally had a senior lead defense that got him a win over USC after we had so many great players go to the NFL over a 3 year period. It was bound to catch up with us. Our D was young last year but they will be ready to play this year and if you think other wise you're fooling yourself. All of our defensive players were highly recruited and to hear Clemson fans say it we have a bunch of nobody's over there. And yes when Clemson plays a team with a pulse their defense will be exposed and to think otherwise is just showing how much orange koolaid you're drinking

Someone please tell me how Clemson is better on paper than South Carolina. Do they have a better offensive line? NO. Do they have better running backs? No. Better tight ends. No. Better receivers. No. Better Defensive line? Certainly not. Better linebackers. USC all the way. Secondary.? Maybe, maybe not. Kicking game? No.
Coaches? No. That brings us to the QB position. Watson with a gimpy leg due for the dreaded soph slump plus must face a reasonably good set of defenses this year. Spurrier should have his QB rolling by game time. Carolina wins big this year at home.

I expect Clemson to crash this year. Dabo at last was able to beat Spurrier but don't expect that very often.. Carolina could be the surprise of the East in the SEC.

Hahaha. Manafold, you truely are comical. I really think you believe that every gamecock player is better than every Clemson player. It doesn't matter how talented they are, gamecock players are better than Clemson's. Haha. You take the cake on the biggest idiot on this board.

Reactions: cockynSC66
Hahaha. Manafold, you truely are comical. I really think you believe that every gamecock player is better than every Clemson player. It doesn't matter how talented they are, gamecock players are better than Clemson's. Haha. You take the cake on the biggest idiot on this board.
The true idiot is a tater who tries and tries to convince Gamecocks fans that Clemson has a great team

The true idiot is a tater who tries and tries to convince Gamecocks fans that Clemson has a great team
I don't know if they're "great," but they beat us last year and many think they'll be pretty good this year. Maybe some of the pumpers should tone it down a little until we beat them again?

I don't know if they're "great," but they beat us last year and many think they'll be pretty good this year. Maybe some of the pumpers should tone it down a little until we beat them again?
The taters were sunshine pumping for 5 years while we were kicking their asses. According to them they were better than us every year. So I don't see anything wrong with us doing it after they finally beat us with a senior lead team. The butt kickings will resume this year so the taters need to start working on the excuses now

The taters were sunshine pumping for 5 years while we were kicking their asses. According to them they were better than us every year. So I don't see anything wrong with us doing it after they finally beat us with a senior lead team. The butt kickings will resume this year so the taters need to start working on the excuses now
So, you're copying the Taters. Got it.

Apparently, you weren't paying attention last season. Clemson had plenty of defensive depth last season & will return plenty of firepower this year. No, we probably won't finish this season with the #1 ranked defense in the nation but I fully expect to field a top 20 defense this fall...

Venables took a hideous defense & turned it into the best defense in the nation in just three seasons...think about that! You really think it's all just gonna fall apart now?? Highly unlikely...

Here's the problem for Scar's defense though...it was no better at the end of the season than it was at the beginning. Despite coaching, a defense that has some talent will generally improve throughout the season. But your defense didn't which is an indication of a real lack of talent on that side of the ball...you're gonna be dependent on true freshman along that D-line...ouch
If you think Clemson won't miss the players they lost on defense you are out of your mind. You can't lose 3/4 of your starters and think that everything is going to remain the same. We found that out the hard way just like you will this year.

No u had number defense cause u play in Acc. No fount the defense was good but really how many good offenses did they face ? Even Florida state was without their quarterback. again yes a good defense but in a league that had no offense it's hard to really compare to every team in NCAA. Probably the same this year.

This thread is a freaking joke. Half of you wouldn't know a football if it hit you in the face. Some of you need to stop talking about football. Wow. Unbelievable. I've never seen so many ignorant posts. Unbelievable.

Reactions: pbos1111
If you think Clemson won't miss the players they lost on defense you are out of your mind. You can't lose 3/4 of your starters and think that everything is going to remain the same. We found that out the hard way just like you will this year.

The poster clearly stated that there would be a drop in production on defense. He is suggesting that CU would have a top 20 defense next year which is a clear change from the #1 defense in 2014. He obviously does not expect things to remain the same. He just doesn't expect the defense to fall off as badly as the SC defense fell last year. And I have to laugh at the ACC is the only reason that your defense was any good in 2014. You are blind if you can't see that the ACC Atlantic was better than the SEC East last year. It's not the case many years, but it was the case in 2014.

Someone please tell me how Clemson is better on paper than South Carolina. Do they have a better offensive line? NO. Do they have better running backs? No. Better tight ends. No. Better receivers. No. Better Defensive line? Certainly not. Better linebackers. USC all the way. Secondary.? Maybe, maybe not. Kicking game? No.
Coaches? No. That brings us to the QB position. Watson with a gimpy leg due for the dreaded soph slump plus must face a reasonably good set of defenses this year. Spurrier should have his QB rolling by game time. Carolina wins big this year at home.

I expect Clemson to crash this year. Dabo at last was able to beat Spurrier but don't expect that very often.. Carolina could be the surprise of the East in the SEC.
Ha! Man you're one funny fella. Deshaun Watson ring a bell? Artavis Scott? Ben Boulware? Mike Williams? Wayne Gallman? You're just not liking what you see. Everyone, and even some gamecock fans will say Clemson is a good team, and is loaded with talent. You're either too blind or just not wanting to face the facts.

Ok WRs yes they are better. DL is up in the air at this point. What makes you think Clemsux will have a better DL?? LB's I will take ours. They are proven and yours are not, (see our WRs other than Cooper). You lost almost your entire D. Same thing happened to us last year. We THOUGHT we would reload and you think the same thing. We had players behind our starters that were getting PT also but much different when you are the main playmakers than just being a role player. I am sure eventually you will figure that out. Just may take some time. In the meantime, continue with all of the idiotic posts. They are good for entertainment.
Good point but our recruiting is a whole lot better than yours was after that season. We will reload, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind. Am I partial? Of course. Who's not when they talk about their own team but I just don't see Clemson's defense just being completely crippled.

If you want to see how all those backups will play, then go back and watch the last three drives by Oklahoma in the bowl game. Towards the end of the game, clemmons started playing less starters and more backups on D. OU drove down the field pretty easily against the 2nd team starting about the 8 min mark and scored their only TD of the game. Their last possession they were moving the ball pretty well again, but ran out of time or it's likely they would have scored again. When you have the #1 D, and switch out a couple of backup's there isn't much drop off, but when you switch out all of them, it makes a much bigger difference. Losing 8 Sr starters and 2 key Sr backups will be very telling this fall. Clemmons D will play like a top 25 D in their first two games, but then they will drop back and look more like a top 50 D once they get into the meat of their sched. I know the clemmons mantra now is that all their backups got plenty of experience last year, and that's probably true, but overall they ain't got the talents that Beasley, Jarrett, and the others had. That's the way I see it, and I could be way off but none of us will really know how good clemmons D will be this year until we see them play.

Ha! Man you're one funny fella. Deshaun Watson ring a bell? Artavis Scott? Ben Boulware? Mike Williams? Wayne Gallman? You're just not liking what you see. Everyone, and even some gamecock fans will say Clemson is a good team, and is loaded with talent. You're either too blind or just not wanting to face the facts.

Your team does have talent. Your offense should be good other than I know nothing about your OL but at QB, WR and RB you have good players. I would pick our LBs over yours with Moore, Walton, and BAW. DL who knows at this point but to say yours or ours is going to be better is a stretch at this point. Both teams have to replace players.

Reactions: conCOCKshon
It's great to go back and read these things, noting who "liked" them at the time. Always the same little unicorn riders, all sunshine and rainbows.

when I say I believe we can win 9 + games this year. Why?
1. the offense can be somewhere from nearly as good to better than last year. I look for the defense to be quite a bit better.
a. OL should be solid though not quite as good as last yr. we do need to stay as healthy as possible.
b. QB. CM more accurate DT. Longer ball control drives should be the norm.
c. RB's will be a strength
d. WR Cooper is a stud. We have young talent that must step it up
e. TE. Considering Anderson had a year filled with injury, I look for us to be a little better than last yr.
summary: I expect a good O this yr. SOS will devoye 100% of efforts on the O.

2. Defense
a. DE significant talent up grades. Lewis & Sawyer. should have a solid rush this yr.
b. DT has size and depth. They should be better as a group solely due to experience.
c. LB. 3 high quality starters. should be a team strength.
d. CB. solid 2 deep with athletic talent.
e. S's. JUCO newcomers a real shot in the arm. Have experienced returners as well.
summary: Hole is a better DC than Whammy. He will find ways to put our best defenders in positions to excel.
The 4th qtr collapses vs UT, Mizzou, UK should not happen again. I could see us winning 9 games ... maybe 10.

We can still win the SEC. All of our goals are ahead of us. In OBC we trust.

[
Remo Gaggi said:
We can still win the SEC. All of our goals are ahead of us. In OBC we trust.
Trust? Really? After canning nobody on D last year, making no changes in recruiting and observing how we looked in the first 2 games this year, especially on offense?

74 atlanta cock#, Today at 1:36 PM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:)

Why not undefeated? If you are gonna dream dream big.....

images

Offense has a great chance to prove itself on a national stage in hostile territory Saturday. If we keep it close and/or get the Win then the perception of this program changes for the better. Defense can contain Chubb if they stick with the coaching plan. Orth is the key to Saturday IMO.

Attention: We have some posters who may need to be put on suicide watch!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT