ADVERTISEMENT

I don't post much anymore but as a long time fan...

Lifelong Gamecock

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2003
Seems as if a good many came around when Spurrier was the coach, and that's cool. Not a knock on you guys. As they said in Animal House "We need the dues". I'm not as old as some, but older than most on here. Go back to the late 70s early 80s. As Lou Holtz said "I've seen some bad football". Again like Lou's 1st year in Columbia, after an awful coach that preceded him, I'm seeing progress. Where was this Josh Van the last couple of years. Unlike the previous 2 years, we didn't actually quit. We fought. The guys didn't quit. Progress. Yes, the Offensive Line did not look good. As a former lineman, that hurts to see.

I saw a post where someone basically called for the firing of Beamer already, as well as Tanner. "Experiment gone bad" already. Like I said previously, "I've seen some bad football". I lived through the end of Carlen, the Richard Bell year, Sparky Woods, the Brad Scott ear, Will Muschamp. I've seen some coaches who tried to make this a temporary stop and wanted to be here for the check. For the 2nd time in my life, we have a coach who wants to be here. For the first time, we have a coach that this is their destination job. Most of the coaching staff was at high school games in Atlanta area Friday night and made it back for room check. We must remember the current staff is the current staff because the staff the last several years were not good. Muschamp was this generation's Richard Bell, just longer.

I absolutely LOVE Beamer's energy and passion on the sidelines. I like the "cheerleader", as I saw it called on here. That poster didn't mention him also chewing out a staff member to "get their #$%^$#$ staff together". We have a coach who is taking this loss harder than we are, and I think, even the most ardent and optimistic fan didn't think we had much of a shot tonight.

I'm short, give it time. I've said for years, our tradition is 2001 and firing coaches. Let's give this one a chance. We were predicted to lose by 32 tonight. Hey, we covered. I'm not for moral victories, but you have to see the progress.

Blast away

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News