ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like Datboi

tenor.gif

I feel sure that he didn't fight the transfer because a lawyer got involved. He knew there was no winning with that and acted like he was the magnanimous one.

Typical Dabo.

Reactions: 92Pony
He got to sit back and appear so charitable by allowing him to transfer, even to a rival, knowing damn well it would never work out for us. 2 for 1 special.

Dabo is playing chess, friends

Last edited:
Reactions: Walhalla Wildman
Dabo is playing chess.

He got to sit back and appear so charitable by allowing him to transfer, even to a rival, knowing damn well it would never work out for us. 2 for 1 special.

I'm interpreting this as, Dabo is playing chess to Dabo is playing us.

I don't really get the criticism here. Those of you criticizing Dabo on this, what should he have done? What response from him on this transfer would have satisfied you? Look I get your hate for him but this seems like a reach.

Not really criticizing. I don’t know what he could or should have done differently. I think we are just lamenting the fact that everything is going your way, even some bizarre situation like this. What a perfect opportunity for him to appear charitable knowing it won’t have any negative repricussions.

I guess i just wonder if he would’ve acted same way if it had been someone who he feared could come in and be a great player for us.

Reactions: Tiger Artillery 12
Not really criticizing. I don’t know what he could or should have done differently. I think we are just lamenting the fact that everything is going your way, even some bizarre situation like this. What a perfect opportunity for him to appear charitable knowing it won’t have any negative repricussions.

I guess i just wonder if he would’ve acted same way if it had been someone who he feared could come in and be a great player for us.

The thing is, we really didn't come out on top. If you ask any Clemson fan which spot they are most concerned about, it is the interior of the defensive line (losing Big Dex, Wilkens, and Huggins). Taking Belk over someone else that would have stuck really hurt us. So, you can take comfort in the fact that the Belk situation did not help us at all. It just didn't help you like you thought it would.

As for Dabo, I just think he did not see another option in this case. With the way transfers are being granted by the NCAA, fighting it would have probably been a losing battle on many fronts. Better to just cut ties and move on.

Dabo did fight the transfer, which is likely the reason Belk lawyered up. Then, the impending NCAA rule change on transfers made it impossible for Dabo to place limitations on Belk's transfer. Coaches can no longer place restrictions on transfers per NCAA rule.

Reactions: rogue cock
Dabo did fight the transfer, which is likely the reason Belk lawyered up. Then, the impending NCAA rule change on transfers made it impossible for Dabo to place limitations on Belk's transfer. Coaches can no longer place restrictions on transfers per NCAA rule.
This is a stretch if ever there was one. If you call "fighting it" trying to talk Belk out of transferring, then OK (but that flies in the face of Dabo "playing chess") . There was no rule in place to prevent Dabo from blocking a transfer to a rival or a school within conference. He could have. It was clear Belk could then have fought the restriction with the NCAA or the courts and may have won. Dabo probably just didn't want the headaches.

Reactions: Zann77
This is a stretch if ever there was one. If you call "fighting it" trying to talk Belk out of transferring, then OK (but that flies in the face of Dabo "playing chess") . There was no rule in place to prevent Dabo from blocking a transfer to a rival or a school within conference. He could have. It was clear Belk could then have fought the restriction with the NCAA or the courts and may have won. Dabo probably just didn't want the headaches.

Okay, then why did Belk lawyer up? Why don't all players seeking a transfer hire a lawyer? Doesn't it seem just a bit odd?
Also, You might want to check the most recent NCAA rule changes concerning transfers. Coaches can no longer set limitations on players transferring. This rule was decided very shortly after Belk's transfer announcement. It was very much a given that the new rule would pass, so Datboy had no choice but to allow Belk to transfer to any school he chose. Check the rules before smarting off.

Reactions: rogue cock
Okay, then why did Belk lawyer up? Why don't all players seeking a transfer hire a lawyer? Doesn't it seem just a bit odd?
Also, You might want to check the most recent NCAA rule changes concerning transfers. Coaches can no longer set limitations on players transferring. This rule was decided very shortly after Belk's transfer announcement. It was very much a given that the new rule would pass, so Datboy had no choice but to allow Belk to transfer to any school he chose. Check the rules before smarting off.
I wasn't "smarting off". The rule you speak of did not go into effect until months after Belk transferred. Dabo could have blocked it at the time and been within the rules that existed at the time. You have no proof Dabo tried to block it. I don't believe any credible source has suggested that - even Belk himself didn't

Reactions: Zann77
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...waiver-Georgia-football-racism-129122235/Amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...a-immediate-eligibility-waiver-142536923.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...antly-evolving-culture-in-college-sports/amp/

I’m sure he lawyered up because some family member saw a good fella on tv that had his best interest at heart. There is or is not an ncaa rule about transfers. Don’t think his lawyer was going to change the ncaa rule for him. Just a waste of money.

Reactions: Joelmoo2
Twenty years from now folks will be studying this case in recruiting between rivals. Two years from now as Belk is rolling over the open road in his eighteen wheeler....he will scream ‘WTF’?

The new rules do not affect the NLI. That’s a contract to stay at the school for one academic year in exchange for financial aid. If the athlete breaks it, he can’t receive a scholarship from another NLI school for a year and loses one year of eligibility. I don’t think Dabo was stupid enough to fight the transfer. They talked him into not quitting twice, but when he insisted on transferring, Dabo even cited that the transfer rules were likely to change. The ACC doesn’t have a separate restriction like the SEC.

Update: Had forgotten, but the new transfer rules didn't go into effect until October. The NCAA didn't put them into effect until after the first semester was underway so it wouldn't effect the immediate season, or so they thought.

Last edited:
Dabo initially said heck no to Belk transferring. When the lawyer got involved and gave him a list of reasons why he should let him transfer Dabo quickly sent his minions to broker the deal. Josh could blow the lid off Clemson if he or the attorney were to go public. Drug use was one of the main reasons.

trolled us on the Josh Belk deal. He let him go to his rival with very little resistance, yet we thought we stole one from the taters. On top of that, we thought Belk would spill the beans on St. Dablow. Datboy prolly went to bed last night with s#^+ eating grin on his face.

2 things:

1. Datboi had no idea Belk had or would develop 2 fractures in his lumbar spine

2. Belk had to lawyer up to get cleared to come to USC as Datboi originally said "no"

Dabo initially said heck no to Belk transferring. When the lawyer got involved and gave him a list of reasons why he should let him transfer Dabo quickly sent his minions to broker the deal. Josh could blow the lid off Clemson if he or the attorney were to go public. Drug use was one of the main reasons.
Yep....Josh Belk is the only player to leave Clemson and have the ability to "blow the wistle"....Kelly Bryant might beg to differ.

I still believe the way Belk left Clemson is strange with the lawyer involved and all. Maybe he was about to be the whistle blower and they hammered the transfer details out. Nobody leaves to be closer to a sick family member then leaves college to drive trucks for a living how does that keep you closer to home?

Dabo can't spell chess much less play it.

He's a hell of a salesman, so was Charles Ponzi.
Don't hate the player..........

2 huge rings in 2 years might help sell. Seems like if he was that much of a fraud the media guys that have so much access to knowledge wouldn't build him up and even send their kids there to play for him. Maybe is his a really good human that is also a great salesman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT