ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we all understand what we have in Coach Staley...

I have never heard this. Are people trying to say she was not mistreated, i.e. that she made it all up?

Yes, she was not mistreated. The hostess at Za's seated her, and her group of handlers, at a table that she was not pleased with. No doubt, the hostess was a young college student, trying to earn a little money. Dawn then tweeted, instead of asking the hostess to sit at an alternate location. After the tweet, the owner apologized to Dawn and stated that the employee had been terminated. Facts here. You guy's can have her. I am all out!

Yes, she was not mistreated. The hostess at Za's seated her, and her group of handlers, at a table that she was not pleased with. No doubt, the hostess was a young college student, trying to earn a little money. Dawn then tweeted, instead of asking the hostess to sit at an alternate location. After the tweet, the owner apologized to Dawn and stated that the employee had been terminated. Facts here. You guy's can have her. I am all out!
Detestable.

Reactions: cockgun
How do you know whether or not she was mistreated? Do you have a firsthand account of the exchange? You seem to be a little too upset about some that happen darn near a decade ago....hmmmm, what’s really the issue here?

Well, if the owner is that much of an ass, I'd quit going to Za's. He didn't have to fire her, just give the table to another server.

How do you know whether or not she was mistreated? Do you have a firsthand account of the exchange? You seem to be a little too upset about some that happen darn near a decade ago....hmmmm, what’s really the issue here?
I'd like to know that too. This story sounds like a hit job and flies in the face of everything we've all come to know about Staley.

Sources, or I'm calling BS.

The writer of the article says: "I BELIEVE the server was fired. He did NOT say the server was fired. He doesn't know if the server was fired. How do you know based on this article??

Give it up man, she was fired. There were no retractions. Go ahead and believe what you want to.

I was called out and had to respond. I am also able to multitask and watch the game at the same time. Thanks.
Most of us can multitask as well. You know care about and keep up with more than one USC sport.

Lol...that article proves nothing at all. I go back to my original question.....how do you know? Were you there? If not, then it’s pure speculation. Dawn is one hell of a coach, we need more like her.

Lol...that article proves nothing at all. I go back to my original question.....how do you know? Were you there? If not, then it’s pure speculation. Dawn is one hell of a coach, we need more like her.

There is no confirmation article that survives. What Dawn did was Tweet about a seating problem and then complained to management by claiming she was mistreated. We are talking about a college age hostess versus a mature woman who is paid a lot of money. All Dawn had to, as many do, was ask for an alternate seat. There are two refences to this incident in this thread and it was well publicized at the time. I have not been to Za's since and Dawn lost my respect. Believe what you want, I stand by my comments.

Last edited:
There is no confirmation article that survives. What Dawn did was Tweet about a seating problem and then complained to management by claiming she was mistreated. We are talking about a college age hostess versus a mature woman who is paid a lot of money. All Dawn had to, as many do, was ask for an alternate seat. There are two refences to this incident in this thread and it was well publicized at the time. I have not been to Za's since and Dawn lost my respect. Believe what you want, I stand by my comments.

Two references, yet nobody can confirm your claim the person was fired. Not even you.

You're Fired!!!

Two references, yet nobody can confirm your claim the person was fired. Not even you.

You're Fired!!!

Well, I just said that, but the actions of Dawn were not called for. She made a seating problem an incident. Who does that? And that's why you never got the job!

Last edited:
Since that time(2009), Za’s has changed hands. It is now owned by the Cantina 76 owners.

" I saw that shot and and was wondering who in the world scored that from nowhere. I had seen that face face before. As it turns out, she was the former hostess at Za's that Dawn Staley had fired because of a seating problem. Funny how Twitter works!"

This is a post made by cockgun in 2015. It is referring to the 2015 Final Four game won by Notre Dame over South Carolina by a score of 66 to 65. The Notre Dame player he is referring to is Madison Cable who scored the winning basket for ND after an offensive rebound. Apparently he is claiming Madison Cable is the server at Za's that Dawn "had fired." I guess it is possible Madison Cable spent some time in Cola working at Za's before she enrolled at ND. o_O:confused:

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals...he-rim-won-the-game-for-nd.24964/#post-368494

" I saw that shot and and was wondering who in the world scored that from nowhere. I had seen that face face before. As it turns out, she was the former hostess at Za's that Dawn Staley had fired because of a seating problem. Funny how Twitter works!"

This is a post made by cockgun in 2015. It is referring to the 2015 Final Four game won by Notre Dame over South Carolina by a score of 66 to 65. The Notre Dame player he is referring to is Madison Cable who scored the winning basket for ND after an offensive rebound. Apparently he is claiming Madison Cable is the server at Za's that Dawn "had fired." I guess it is possible Madison Cable spent some time in Cola working at Za's before she enrolled at ND. o_O:confused:

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals...he-rim-won-the-game-for-nd.24964/#post-368494

That was indeed a post by me and was sarcastic in nature, much like you see in social media these days. I have never forgiven Dawn Staley for what she did that day and causing quite a ruckus, at the expense of the hostess. Kids who work part time in college, sometimes do it for a reason. The hostess did her job and Dawn, if she was a mature adult, should have said nothing. Please note too, that not one person refuted my post at the time that it was made. I suspect many at the time recalled the incident and the associated outcome.

That was indeed a post by me and was sarcastic in nature, much like you see in social media these days. I have never forgiven Dawn Staley for what she did that day and causing quite a ruckus, at the expense of the hostess. Kids who work part time in college, sometimes do it for a reason. The hostess did her job and Dawn, if she was a mature adult, should have said nothing. Please note too, that not one person refuted my post at the time that it was made. I suspect many at the time recalled the incident and the associated outcome.
I didn't catch the sarcasm in your post. It does seem that you have some personal stake in what happened at Za's. Even though you don't admit it you give an account that makes it appear that you witnessed the event. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened. However Dawn didn't fire the hostess. The owner or manager of Za's did. If Dawn felt she was mistreated then she had a right to voice that. Perhaps in retrospect that is a right she should have forgone but without all the facts who is to know?

Last edited:
The woman just wins. I understand it doesnt work this way but if pay is based on performance Dawn should eclipse Champ and Frank. She's special and I hope we do whatever it takes to keep her here. She's prob already the winningest coach in school history.
Yay WBB!

I didn't catch the sarcasm in your post. It does seem that you have some personal stake in what happened at Za's. Even though you don't admit it you give an account that makes it appear that you witnessed the event. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened. However Dawn didn't fire the hostess. The owner or manager of Za's did. If Dawn felt she was mistreated then she had a right to voice that. Perhaps in retrospect that is a right she should have forgone but without all the facts who is to know?
Mistreated because the hostess seated Dawn and her party at another table that was deemed unacceptable. Come on, is that a big deal in the scheme of things, I think not. I followed the story very closely when it happened as I had a young daughter attending Carolina and participating in a part time job. Dawn could have spoke to the manager in private, but putting a bunch of BS out there on Twitter and having the manager begging beg her to come back (true) did the trick as far as Dawn was concerned. She was in my eyes, a small person. I am obviously not a fan.

Yes we all know Dawn had some issue at Za's and she created quite a stir when she tweeted about it. However ive never heard the true account of what really happened there.

I agree with the above poster. For you to have so many minute details about an incident that happened so long ago that i agree with them. Something else going on with you and an agenda against her

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT