ADVERTISEMENT

I really don't think I'm any better than a monkey because of my anger issues. Awhile ago I ordered...

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
...from DoorDash again, which I can't afford. So poor impulse control, which is probably one reason why I'm poor. But whatever. The food gets here and I am about to try to get it out of the bag on the kitchen counter and had already noticed one item was missing, when I knock over the drink in the cup that came with the food. It was lemonade and got all over the counter and floor and wall and trashcan. I went into a fit of rage and literally started screaming and cussing and throwing the food against the refrigerator and cabinets, so that's ruined. That is no differnent than a monkey hooting and throwing feces, except I can't afford to do this. A monkey can always find another banana. I just got so mad and had an even bigger mess to clean up, plus I'm still hungry. I kind of blame the restaurant though, because I really didn't want a drink, but I had to select it to complete my order. None of this bullshirt would've happened if I could decline that drink. But I try to control my anger, I really do, but sometimes I just go into a rage.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cockofdawn
...from DoorDash again, which I can't afford. So poor impulse control, which is probably one reason why I'm poor. But whatever. The food gets here and I am about to try to get it out of the bag on the kitchen counter and had already noticed one item was missing, when I knock over the drink in the cup that came with the food. It was lemonade and got all over the counter and floor and wall and trashcan. I went into a fit of rage and literally started screaming and cussing and throwing the food against the refrigerator and cabinets, so that's ruined. That is no differnent than a monkey hooting and throwing feces, except I can't afford to do this. A monkey can always find another banana. I just got so mad and had an even bigger mess to clean up, plus I'm still hungry. I kind of blame the restaurant though, because I really didn't want a drink, but I had to select it to complete my order. None of this bullshirt would've happened if I could decline that drink. But I try to control my anger, I really do, but sometimes I just go into a rage.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Reactions: cockn'fyr
What do you do to control your anger? Do you shout at yourself to calm down internally or do you do anything to police your framing and reorient yourself?

Reactions: vacock#
Try to recognize the feeling in you prior to exploding in anger. Use future difficulties as a test that you understand and recognize those feelings and don’t react negatively. Good luck! It’s not easy.

Reactions: jsusc
Next time you get angry, go to the nearest door and slam your fingers in it and I promise you will forget why you were mad. There are more painful things in life than a wrong food order. Have you called the restaurant and asked them to replace it? Nevermind, if they say no you may take a weapon down and make them, but eat it fast before the cops get there. Also, you will get 3 hots and a cot for a while even if you're poor. Also some guys in there that will help you control your anger, I promise.

What do you do to control your anger? Do you shout at yourself to calm down internally or do you do anything to police your framing and reorient yourself?
Normally, I just repress it until something comes along that is the tipping point. I may go months without any issues. Then something like me knocking over a drink happens, or my car window won't roll up the last two inches or the girl I sat beside in a random psychology class in college 21 years ago that didn't even know my name but I remember her and have covertly Facebook stalked her for years without her knowledge suddenly makes all her photos private.

Next time you get angry, go to the nearest door and slam your fingers in it and I promise you will forget why you were mad. There are more painful things in life than a wrong food order. Have you called the restaurant and asked them to replace it? Nevermind, if they say no you may take a weapon down and make them, but eat it fast before the cops get there. Also, you will get 3 hots and a cot for a while even if you're poor. Also some guys in there that will help you control your anger, I promise.
I went online to Doordash and they gave me a choice of refund or credit for another order. I took the credit for the order.

Normally, I just repress it until something comes along that is the tipping point. I may go months without any issues. Then something like me knocking over a drink happens, or my car window won't roll up the last two inches or the girl I sat beside in a random psychology class in college 21 years ago that didn't even know my name but I remember her and have covertly Facebook stalked her for years without her knowledge suddenly makes all her photos private.
Repression is the problem, you don't process and release healthy anger so you explode like a volatile combination of nitro-glycerin and Jung's nightmares. It's like ignoring sadness and trying to put on a smile, it doesn't go away and only grows stronger in the dark like a fungus. These emotions call to real issues and one of them is not addressing them. Anger is a tool, you just need to learn how to use it responsibly because if it isn't an advisor than it will take turns at being a tyrant and ruining your life. You also shouldn't fear your anger as much as fearing the consequences of not allowing yourself to figure out what it really wants to tell you.

Repression is the problem, you don't process and release healthy anger so you explode like a volatile combination of nitro-glycerin and Jung's nightmares. It's like ignoring sadness and trying to put on a smile, it doesn't go away and only grows stronger in the dark like a fungus. These emotions call to real issues and one of them is not addressing them. Anger is a tool, you just need to learn how to use it responsibly because if it isn't an advisor than it will take turns at being a tyrant and ruining your life. You also shouldn't fear your anger as much as fearing the consequences of not allowing yourself to figure out what it really wants to tell you.
I think I understand where it comes from. It is from a lack of options and the knowledge that I am limited by the legal system in how I express my anger. Like, some people need killing, or at least a good old fashioned stab wound. But society thinks it's too good for that.

Reactions: bcs bound
Jsusc, while i am quite entertained by the stories you write I find it damn near impossible that one person can have so many travesties in one lifetime and still get up in the morning. I write this to you in hopes you continue to entertain us well into our final years on earth. As a 58yr old I’m thinking 30 tops for me and unfortunately you may be going well b4 me. Keep your head up and anger under control and you will amount to something at some point.

Jsusc, while i am quite entertained by the stories you write I find it damn near impossible that one person can have so many travesties in one lifetime and still get up in the morning. I write this to you in hopes you continue to entertain us well into our final years on earth. As a 58yr old I’m thinking 30 tops for me and unfortunately you may be going well b4 me. Keep your head up and anger under control and you will amount to something at some point.
It's not really a bunch of major travesties as much as it is a combination of little things that occur along the arc of an overall, low grade travesty. Plus, I don't necessarily go along with what the world wants me to do. Like, if I want to take my food tray out to my car at 3am and eat Nilla Wafers and milk and bacon and tea, who does it hurt? But people think it's weird and next thing you know I have a cop shining a flashlight in my eyes and I get a letter from my landlord saying not to do that. Because people can't live minding their own business.

You
I thought framing the police was a No No.

SY_Sarcasm_1024x1024.png
I thought framing the police was a No No.

SY_Sarcasm_1024x1024.png
Are you just posting that because you're being sarcastic or are you really also saying I'm less intelligent? I'm not sure why you would for that.

I think I understand where it comes from. It is from a lack of options and the knowledge that I am limited by the legal system in how I express my anger. Like, some people need killing, or at least a good old fashioned stab wound. But society thinks it's too good for that.
Do you own a weapon? If you do, sell it and if you don't, never buy one. You life will be better without 3 hots and a cot and a roommate named Butch for the rest of your life.

You

Are you just posting that because you're being sarcastic or are you really also saying I'm less intelligent? I'm not sure why you would for that.
LOLOLOL!!! Assuming you're asking mois' since you copied my post twice, man that was merely dry sarcasm from yours truly here! =;-p

Reactions: bcs bound
LOLOLOL!!! Assuming you're asking mois' since you copied my post twice, man that was merely dry sarcasm from yours truly here! =;-p
I tried to delete everything in the box after I tapped the reply scrolling twice and it didn't work. This reply and quite system really blows sometimes.

Edit: always read your autocorrects, folks.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Are you drinking cheap whiskey? That might tend to make you violent. Try some Glenlivet or Glenfidditch. Maybe some Woodford or Maker’s Mark. This settles me down, puts me in a good frame of mind.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
@jsusc - What are your Thanksgiving plans? Family can sometimes be triggering events. Hope you have a good one!

@jsusc - What are your Thanksgiving plans? Family can sometimes be triggering events. Hope you have a good one!
I usually go to my parents trailer for a couple of days, but they've recently acquired a cat, and I'm allergic to cats. Plus, this cat enjoys scratching the stop sign post on the corner outside, and I don't approve of vandalism. So I may just go eat and head back home.

@jsusc What a great sense of humor you have. That usually means someone is intelligent. Tks for the laughs.

I sometimes get POed and slam something down on the counter or cooktop then I chastise myself because I could break something. Try counting to ten before you do something when you are mad.

Reactions: jsusc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT