ADVERTISEMENT

I say let Scarnecchia start this wknd

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
I know, I know, but what if they go Citadel on us and we lose? Ain't happen'n so why not like Mike has his day? Give the backup some PT before the Clemson game and let him get his feet wet in case we need him in the Clemson game. He's paid his dues and has enough play makers around him besides if things go south Jake can take over. If you don't have a backup who can't perform against Wofford then we don't have a backup.

Understanding the leadership dynamics a QB has over an offense and the confidence everyone else has in who’s out there this would never happen. The team rallies behind him. It would be demoralizing to the whole team.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I don't think he should start, but I'd be happy to put him in in a series where the game is still undecided like the first series in the second quarter. Let him get some real reps. I agree there is the psychological aspect of starting a guy over your starter which may have negative consequences.

Bentley is probably our only shot to beat Clemson and he needs this game to prep for next week. He needs the reps. That said, Scarnecchia should play several series in this game to get game time exposure.

I know, I know, but what if they go Citadel on us and we lose? Ain't happen'n so why not like Mike has his day? Give the backup some PT before the Clemson game and let him get his feet wet in case we need him in the Clemson game. He's paid his dues and has enough play makers around him besides if things go south Jake can take over. If you don't have a backup who can't perform against Wofford then we don't have a backup.
Rather than curse the darkness, I'm going to light a candle and place it under this post until it is turned to ashes.

Yeah! He's obviously better. In fact, let's just play anybody on the roster who has ever played QB.

I can't tell if the OP is trolling or just genuinely unintelligent
Either some good sarcasm or a desire to actually lose to Wofford. This level is beyond nepotism when it comes to starting players. This is BOOM!'s last chance at HC gig. The best QB is playing. Now if we get out to a 28 point lead... But I think we'd better be happy with a one score win.

Okay all of you obviously missed it. This kid isn't as bad as some think he is and NO I wasn't advocating pulling Jake for Mike. I'm saying against Wofford it shouldn't matter so let the kid get some PT. I am saying it's WOFFORD let he get his time he's earned it. If y'all thought I was saying he's better than Jake I'd examine myself before questioning someone's IQ. Besides we can't afford for Jake to get a cheap injury against Wofford with Clemson coming up. Jeez

Understanding the leadership dynamics a QB has over an offense and the confidence everyone else has in who’s out there this would never happen. The team rallies behind him. It would be demoralizing to the whole team.
I disagree they could also be happy for their teammate getting to play. It's WOFFORD not Auburn. We should be able to handle business with me at QB.

I don't think he should start, but I'd be happy to put him in in a series where the game is still undecided like the first series in the second quarter. Let him get some real reps. I agree there is the psychological aspect of starting a guy over your starter which may have negative consequences.
Disagree, Jake would be happy for Mike and besides Jake will be at the game it's not like he missed the bus.

Bentley is probably our only shot to beat Clemson and he needs this game to prep for next week. He needs the reps. That said, Scarnecchia should play several series in this game to get game time exposure.
Not sure this game preps him much, but i do agree he needs the work, especially after Saturday's effort..

Hurst is a BEAST.. he may turn out to be a Gronk type NFL player, lets hope we dont find out until the 2019 NFL season.. He caused the initial Fumble that would definitely had changed the Tide of that game!!

Roper and Muschamp would be the laughing stock of the SEC for this move.
Why because they let a loyal kid get to play? Far be it for the Gamecocks to be the laughing stock of the SEC right? It probably won't happen for Mike but it would be a great thing to see. I hope every QB gets in the game but we can't sleep on any team.

I'm for putting him in the game, for the play Muschamp calls the best play call in the game

That would be an absolute stupid move to make. First of all, why the hell is anybody worried about a backup QB 10 games into the season???? Secondly, there is nothing to be gained by playing Scarnecchia at this point. He is not going to learn to be a starting QB by playing a few series against Wofford. He would be no better off against Clemson if he had to go in if Jake got hurt by playing some against Wofford. There is nothing to be gained for next year either considering he will in all likelihood not even be a backup next year. There is not ONE good reason to do this.

That would be an absolute stupid move to make. First of all, why the hell is anybody worried about a backup QB 10 games into the season???? Secondly, there is nothing to be gained by playing Scarnecchia at this point. He is not going to learn to be a starting QB by playing a few series against Wofford. He would be no better off against Clemson if he had to go in if Jake got hurt by playing some against Wofford. There is nothing to be gained for next year either considering he will in all likelihood not even be a backup next year. There is not ONE good reason to do this.
I think you're taking this thread too seriously.

Gee whiz man the thread ain't about getting him ready in one game it is about a good gesture to a kid who practices every day and ain't that bad of a QB anyway. It's not legally binding that if he starts the game he has to finish the game I heard Jake's going to be there too so if Mike crashes put in the starter. The way Wofford cut blocks on every run play I'd think about how quickly I could get first team DL out too. It's Wofford not a life or death decision.

Personally, I think it's possible Jake could benefit from sitting a series or two. Being on island by yourself could very well be a lonely place for him to be right about now. Knowing someone has your back could also work wonders. Hard to tell unless it happens. That, coupled with rewarding the backup... I see more upside than down.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this game is 10 points into the 4th and no backups play. I don’t think this will happen. But we rarely get the backups in like we should.

Gee whiz man the thread ain't about getting him ready in one game it is about a good gesture to a kid who practices every day and ain't that bad of a QB anyway. It's not legally binding that if he starts the game he has to finish the game I heard Jake's going to be there too so if Mike crashes put in the starter. The way Wofford cut blocks on every run play I'd think about how quickly I could get first team DL out too. It's Wofford not a life or death decision.
Perhaps you should go back and re-read your original post where you said "Give the backup some PT before the Clemson game and let him get his feet wet in case we need him in the Clemson game" along with a couple of other posts throughout the thread mentioning this as well.

Reactions: GWMorris
Perhaps you should go back and re-read your original post where you said "Give the backup some PT before the Clemson game and let him get his feet wet in case we need him in the Clemson game" along with a couple of other posts throughout the thread mentioning this as well.
Didn't say a word about preparing for next season though but who knows when we will need him. I'm not going to walk back giving him playing time against WOFFORD to a kid who could handle it. I wouldn't want to see any QB have to take snaps against Clemson who hasn't all season, the games too important. That's not the meaning of the OP it is about rewarding a hard working player who can handle it. Did you see the spring game? It's not a message to the team they would applaud it.

Reactions: adversary2
Didn't say a word about preparing for next season though but who knows when we will need him. I'm not going to walk back giving him playing time against WOFFORD to a kid who could handle it. I wouldn't want to see any QB have to take snaps against Clemson who hasn't all season, the games too important. That's not the meaning of the OP it is about rewarding a hard working player who can handle it. Did you see the spring game? It's not a message to the team they would applaud it.
I quoted what you wrote. Then you wrote "...the thread ain't about getting him ready in one game..." Now you say that's not what you meant. I can only read what you write, and assume that what you write is what you mean. If not, then you have no business taking issue with someone else's response.

I quoted what you wrote. Then you wrote "...the thread ain't about getting him ready in one game..." Now you say that's not what you meant. I can only read what you write, and assume that what you write is what you mean. If not, then you have no business taking issue with someone else's response.
The op starts this thread about starting the backup against Wofford @ 11:40am... @ 6pm, the op starts another thread, "Just noticed we play Wofford on Sat"...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT