ADVERTISEMENT

I say let Scarnecchia start this wknd

Gee whiz man the thread ain't about getting him ready in one game it is about a good gesture to a kid who practices every day and ain't that bad of a QB anyway. It's not legally binding that if he starts the game he has to finish the game I heard Jake's going to be there too so if Mike crashes put in the starter. The way Wofford cut blocks on every run play I'd think about how quickly I could get first team DL out too. It's Wofford not a life or death decision.
We have lots of other kids who are loyal and practice everyday too that don't see the field, should we just give them all the start? I sure hope this whole thread was some sort of satire and not some serious suggestion.

What quite a few people in Gamecock-land don't understand is the privileged status Jake holds among Muschamp's staff. Bentley knows that he can go 2-25 with 4 interceptions and he will still play. That's not good for any athlete .... realizing that he is, in effect, "untouchable". I remember watching a fantastically talented but very undisciplined high school basketball player in NC a few years ago, making unbelievable shots but shooting about 25% for the game, along with a dozen turnovers. He was green-lighted no matter what or where with the blessings of his idiot coach. The next fall, the kid flunked out of a major university within 3 weeks of basketball practice because he was expected to compete and perform. No player, in any sport, in any system, for any coach, should feel like royalty at his position. When Jake has a bad day, he needs to sit, just like anyone else, if even for a couple of series.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT