ADVERTISEMENT

i see a lot of people not doing their part in all of this

be cocky

Jan 29, 2019
Mount Pleasant
i just posted this story in another thread but i’ll leave it here.
i saw a toddler in the store with her father at the self check out line, the little girl was eating a candy bar and she had it all over her fingers. you know damn well she was touching everything in the store as children will do. i couldn’t believe her father could let that happen. i wanted to say something but i’m not that kind of person. another guy came up to wait next to me at the self checkout and he didn’t stand behind me, but next to me almost touching my shoulder. i’ll say this. if i can hear you breathing, you’re wayyyy to close to me, regardless of this covid-19 stuff. wth is wrong with people. back the f**k off me.

Cockyklb said:
Just my opinion, of course, but I don't believe that any of us will actually feel safe until a vaccine is invented and manufactured for distribution. Until that time, there will be outbreaks. For example, this morning we have our first confirmed case on James Island. 40 year old male, is now hospitalized. His wife said that they didn't really buy into any of the shelter advice and as late as yesterday went to 2 grocery stores and Lowes on the island.

So, I don't know these people, but regardless of why they decided to ignore protocol, they've been going around for days spreading this thing around. Just f***ing great.
@Cockyklb

i saw a toddler in the store with her father at the self check out line, the little girl was eating a candy bar and she had it all over her fingers. you know damn well she was touching everything in the store as children will do. i couldn’t believe her father could let that happen. i wanted to say something but i’m not that kind of person. another guy came up to wait next to me at the self checkout and he didn’t stand behind me, but next to me almost touching my shoulder. i’ll say this. if i can hear you breathing, you’re wayyyy to close to me, regardless of this covid-19 stuff. wth is wrong with people. back the f**k off me.
Do you know that the father didn't clean the girl's hands? He may or may not have but be careful passing judgement.

Reactions: tigertomreed
Do you know that the father didn't clean the girl's hands? He may or may not have but be careful passing judgement.
no i didn’t, but the lack of patience to wait to get home, kinda infers that there’s probably not enough patience to go to the bathroom clean hands, then go back to the slammed checkout line where the candy bars are sold.

Many people are self involved, selfish trash. Was just listening to Gov. Cuomo berating people in NYC for not taking this seriously.

People are nasty and lazy nowadays. It's been so long since we've been exposed to truly life altering event that the vast majority out there think nothing bad can happen.

Reactions: Bad seed
Here’s my rant ... as a working musician my living has been pretty much obliterated by this situation . Every bar , venue and restaurant has been ordered closed by the state of Florida . It’s DEVASTATING financially but I get it . I would rather be poor and broke than live with the fact that my selfishness killed one of my family members or anyone else’s . Before the forced closure 90% of the bars and restaurants closed on their own accords to protect their employees and customers . Honestly 50% of these businesses will never open their doors again . What PISSES ME OFF is one large nightclub stayed open and actively marketed to Spring Breakers . I saw videos of that venue literally packed to capacity with dumb kids because every other responsible business closed . They are profiting off this and basking in it and it sickens me . Literally hundreds of kids packed in there like sardines. The greedy piece of s&@t is risking the likes of 100s , maybe thousands so he can line his pockets . People are dying and people are losing their entire life savings and businesses to do what is right and then we have stuff like this . The good news is after this is over no one local will ever set foot in this business again .

people who have rambunctious screaming babies and toddlers who get into and all over everything need to stay home and contain it there for sure. This should also happen post virus pandemic.

Last edited:
people who have rambunctious screaming babies and toddlers who get into and all over everything need to stay home and contain it there for sure. This should also happen post virus pandemic.
i get what your saying, this child was one of the good ones tho. quiet and stayed by her dad. wasn’t her fault. but no matter. she was allowed to go to one of the few highly public and most likely contaminated areas left and ingest food with her bare hands while in the store. disappointing.

Could have been a single father that couldn’t leave his child at home. If he’d left the child in the car while he ran into the store for a few minutes. There would be a different social media thread.

Reactions: tigertomreed
But....lots of people in general do not wash their hands and don't understand the concept.

I was once one of them....I know.

I am almost certain I once got sick from not washing my hands. It takes something like that to change.

Could have been a single father that couldn’t leave his child at home. If he’d left the child in the car while he ran into the store for a few minutes. There would be a different social media thread.
you whiffed on the point. children are fine in the store. just wait to get home to give the kid food. wash hands first.

Saw people were at popular gathering spots on the lake yesterday, intermingling like it was nothing, going out to malls and stores to shop for non essential items and so on.
Until these F$@&ING IDIOTS realize the purpose of what we are trying to do with social distancing to slow this thing down (ie slow the spread, lessen the strain on healthcare infrastructure, let this thing come in smaller 'waves' , buy valuable time for testing/vaccine/treatment medication development),
Then it is seriously undermining the efforts of thos of us trying to do the right thing.

Just spent the last three hours bicycling around N. Raleigh. Places that are open are packed. Home Depot was a madhouse. I-540 was as congested as any usual Sunday. It was surprising.

I think we have a growing contingency in this country who simply say “fake news” and brush off science and facts when it inconveniences them or doesn’t line up with their world view. We should probably stop cutting education budgets in this country like we have for the last 30 years.

Just spent the last three hours bicycling around N. Raleigh. Places that are open are packed. Home Depot was a madhouse. I-540 was as congested as any usual Sunday. It was surprising.

I think we have a growing contingency in this country who simply say “fake news” and brush off science and facts when it inconveniences them or doesn’t line up with their world view. We should probably stop cutting education budgets in this country like we have for the last 30 years.

It won’t matter. The cat is out of the bag.

My Facebook feed has a few people like that. “The government won’t tell me what to do. I don’t care.”

these people would be happy that everyone dies around them as long as no one tells them what to do.

ironically, these people often don’t have a lot of education except for the “school of hard knocks” and they’ve spent their entire working life being told what to do 8 hours a day on every job they’ve ever had.

It won’t matter. The cat is out of the bag.

My Facebook feed has a few people like that. “The government won’t tell me what to do. I don’t care.”

these people would be happy that everyone dies around them as long as no one tells them what to do.

ironically, these people often don’t have a lot of education except for the “school of hard knocks” and they’ve spent their entire working life being told what to do 8 hours a day on every job they’ve ever had.

^^ Fake news spreading, fear mongering commie.

Ok, you need to stop hitting on me with your fancy slang jumpingsmile

I didn't know that you were a fear mongering communist.
I thought you were a Presbyterian.
Tammy_Faye_Crying.gif

Her dad is probably one of our posters on here saying this was fake news in the beginning

I think what people still haven't understood yet, is that we are trying to SLOW the spread of covid-19 NOT STOP IT. There is no stopping it. It's everywhere already. It's in the farthest corners of the world. Talking to people here in Myrtle Beach, they really think for the most part they aren't going to get it. They're in denial. Truth is they probably are going to get it. They may even already have it and not even know it. Stores are not closed every where because society still needs to function. Even in the worst places they aren't closing grocery stores. But people are making efforts to not go out more and social distance and that is going to help, hopefully enough in keeping people from getting sick sooner. So there is no reason to get all worked up every time you see some bad covid19 prevention behavior. It's not worth the stress on your mind to obsess over every single instance a germ could spread from one place to another. You'll go crazy.

I think what people still haven't understood yet, is that we are trying to SLOW the spread of covid-19 NOT STOP IT. There is no stopping it. It's everywhere already. It's in the farthest corners of the world. Talking to people here in Myrtle Beach, they really think for the most part they aren't going to get it. They're in denial. Truth is they probably are going to get it. They may even already have it and not even know it. Stores are not closed every where because society still needs to function. Even in the worst places they aren't closing grocery stores. But people are making efforts to not go out more and social distance and that is going to help, hopefully enough in keeping people from getting sick sooner. So there is no reason to get all worked up every time you see some bad covid19 prevention behavior. It's not worth the stress on your mind to obsess over every single instance a germ could spread from one place to another. You'll go crazy.
Ok, I'm not gonna get stressed by it, but I will be pretty dang mad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT