ADVERTISEMENT

I thought they were going to move the second game of series around state

Greenville is the trendiest city in the state....its about 50-50 gamecocks/tigers.....

I know Charleston people are going to argue....but Charleston is a tourist town...

Greenville is BIG business, industry, high pay area....population wise, I would say the Greenville/Spartanburg metro is largest in the state now....that's why you play games in Greenville

Greenville is the trendiest city in the state....its about 50-50 gamecocks/tigers.....

I know Charleston people are going to argue....but Charleston is a tourist town...

Greenville is BIG business, industry, high pay area....population wise, I would say the Greenville/Spartanburg metro is largest in the state now....that's why you play games in Greenville
N. Charleston/Charleston is also BIG business and industry....unless you don't want to count Boeing, Volvo, Blackbaud, etc... I still think the N.Charleston/Charleston metro area is the largest.

Every year it is at Greenville! what once in Charleston...where is it going to be in future years?
Pretty sure that's on Ray Tanner when he was coach. His intent was to travel around for the third game but kinda out of the blue decided he'd rather lock in at Greenville. Seems like he was just happy with the facilities, but I don't really recall if that was his reason or not. As a resident of the Lowcountry, I was disappointed to say the least. Still think it was the wrong to reverse the decision before giving it a chance.

Reactions: KeoweeTiger09
. I still think the N.Charleston/Charleston metro area is the largest.
Think what you want, Rogue, but the statistics show it's not even close:
Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson CSA = 1.426 million
Charleston/N. Charleston/Summerville MSA = 744,500

Even if you look at only the counties of Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, you are talking about a million people.

Not that any of this is really relevant to a discussion about where to play the neutral game of the Clem/SC series.

"We" = Gamecocks........"yall" = people on here complaining about it every year.

First of all, I am part of the "We".

Secondly, this is my first time complaining about it. The game was supposed to be moved around the state in places like Charleston, Florence, Greenville, Myrtle Beach. I don't remember them saying that it would go to the highest bidder.

North Augusta wants a game at their Project Jackson stadium too.

Project+Jackson+Video+Still+Image.jpg

Then again NA is full of shithead Clemson fans too

Have you seen the number of people moving to Charleston every week? Charleston is booming. Sadly for those of us that hate traffic and buckeyes.

A lot of reasons make Greenville a much better choice for the neutral site game. First is just the logistics that make it much easier to play in Greenville than Charleston. Second is the setting. As many Gamecocks as Tiger fans. Add to that the setting in downtown Greenville which makes it an easy trip for a nice dinner afterwards for the fans.

A lot of reasons make Greenville a much better choice for the neutral site game. First is just the logistics that make it much easier to play in Greenville than Charleston. Second is the setting. As many Gamecocks as Tiger fans. Add to that the setting in downtown Greenville which makes it an easy trip for a nice dinner afterwards for the fans.

The point was to move it AROUND the state.

Charleston sits a top the rankings as one of the best cities in the world. It has great restaurants. Beaches. Greenville doesn't. All it has is loads of taters. There's no reason in God's green earth we should give them an extra home game.

Every year it is at Greenville! what once in Charleston...where is it going to be in future years?
Probably because it's a great stadium and the travel time isn't too bad. The MB Pelicans stadium is great, but to be fair, that's a long drive for Clemson. Being a Gamecock in Greenville, I enjoy it. We also try to go when we play Furman at Fluor Field.

You really need a new hobby. You are failing at this one. Their are thousands of gamecock fans in the upstate. Should they not get a chance to see the team play?
Then go to clemson!!...or cola!! Why cant the the fans in the lowcountry, which is a much larger contention of Carolina fans and much less clemp see them??!! Great stadium, big donors down here

Then go to clemson!!...or cola!! Why cant the the fans in the lowcountry, which is a much larger contention of Carolina fans and much less clemp see them??!! Great stadium, big donors down here

You're beating your head against the sidewalk. The first rule of membership in the 'Tillman Upcountry First Club' is to hate Charleston. Problem here for the Tillmanites? Most of the rest of the country thinks Charleston is the crown jewel of the Deep South!

Probably because it's a great stadium and the travel time isn't too bad. The MB Pelicans stadium is great, but to be fair, that's a long drive for Clemson. Being a Gamecock in Greenville, I enjoy it. We also try to go when we play Furman at Fluor Field.

Maybe they can get the governor to lend them the jet again.

Whatever you say, in this arrangement our team has to travel 2 hours for 2 of the three games. Clemson only does that once. Its not about which city is largest, etc .

If the two schools are going to play a 3 game series with one at a neutral site, its only fair that the neutral game rotate to different sites around the state. Has nothing to do with which city is largest, etc. Do you think Moo U would agree to play the neutral game at the Fireflies ballpark? of course not. Our AD makes boned headed decisions like this all the time. Clempson AD would never agree for their team to travel 2 hours for two of the three games. Never.

If Tanner or our coach wants to play a game or two at Flour each yield then play Furman.

sandlapper....you miss the point. I am not looking at it from a convenience for the fans prospective. Fact is, our guys travel 2+ hours to two of the three games. Clemson does that once. Unless you believe 2+2=5, thats not equal.

N. Charleston/Charleston is also BIG business and industry....unless you don't want to count Boeing, Volvo, Blackbaud, etc... I still think the N.Charleston/Charleston metro area is the largest.
Sorry to but in. I'll agree SC should have won this one and has the talent edge. But it is baseball and even the Braves win series. But GSP 1.3 million. Chas 800,000. Bout the same as Cola.

You upstate Taters/Gamecock Fans can go pleasure yourself. I call the game in Greenville, the Batgirl Invitational. She has been defending it for quite a while. She claimed that Greenville just "won the bid". That turned out to be BS. Charleston had the highest bid. It just turned out that JackLeg didn't want to bring his team down to the Lowcountry ( too far for the little bitch). It's plain not right for the fans in other parts of the state, that it's played in Greenville every year. It needs to move around.

sandlapper....you miss the point. I am not looking at it from a convenience for the fans prospective. Fact is, our guys travel 2+ hours to two of the three games. Clemson does that once. Unless you believe 2+2=5, thats not equal.
OK....look at it like this. USC at CU travel is offset by CU at USC travel.
So difference is CU travels 1/2 hour to Greenville, and USC travels an additional hour?
Is that what I'm missing? I just heard "it's a home game for the taters"........I've been and that is NOT the case. If that additional 1 hour ride from Cola to Greenville is a difference maker to 18-22 yr olds, I'd be surprised.
Greenville does a great job. If Newberry could put on the same type thing and give the fans a similar venue to experience, I'd be all for that, but I don't see a better opportunity. Greenville offers the least amount of travel for all considered and it's a very small difference.

Greenville and Charleston are both "neutral" sites. There are thousands of Clemson fans in and around Charleston and there are thousands of Gamecock fans in and around Greenville. Both places would be fine for the second game of the series each year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT