ADVERTISEMENT

I wish Spurrier had waited until after the quempsum game. He is in their

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
head so much that is the one chance we had of beating quempsum. I know that is selfish on my part but nonetheless it might have worked, although it would have been a long shot.

They whipped us last year so I don't think they were worried if Spurrier was on the sideline or not. They've gotten much better while we've fallen apart. We have a ton to look forward to with the coaching search and everything else going on. Clemson is not in our sights at the moment and won't be for a few years. We need to focus on Carolina and our future. Clemson being good will help us just as our streak against them helped them.

I would rather him go out 6-4 against the taters instead of another loss. Let's be honest, Spurrier nor this program are in anyone's head this season. Maybe the changes will create some excitement among the players and staff. The remining staff are now being forced to survive at this point because they know more change is coming.

Last edited:
I would rather him go out 5-1 against the taters instead of 5-2. Let's be honest, Spurrier nor this program are in anyone's head this season. Maybe the changes will create some excitement among the players and staff. The remining staff are now being forced to survive at this point because they know more change is coming.
Dude he's 6-4 against clemson. 5-2 against dabo

This was a great decision by Spurrier. He simply wants to give somebody else a chance. This gives Tanner a lot of time to make a good hire.

In their head? Maybe in general, but they did fine last year.

He might could have "geared" it up one last time, example rally the players to come out and give it their all. And basically that was were I was coming from. And that would have been part of his legacy.

But, I made the post before I watched his press conference. And he said the USC President tried to get him to stay until the end of the season. And Spurrier stated that when a coach announces that he is leaving at the end of the season, the players don't feel a sense of accountability. And I guess after I think about it I believe he probably did the right thing by going ahead.

But fans I tell you what, I am very sadden right now. I love coach Spurrier and what he did for USC. My gosh, how can any fan not be grateful for the five wins over quempsum and the three consecutive 11 win seasons.

I did not know this or if I did I had forgotten about it. But during the three year 11 wins per seasons, USC was the winning school in the nation over that three year period.

I LOVE THE GAMECOCKS AND I LOVE COACH SPURRIER.

Clemson will beat us by as much as they want this year. No amount of motivation or rallying would help us beat them. Spurrier made the right decision to leave when he did. We have plenty of time to find the right candidate and get out of the dumpster fire we're currently stuck in. We need to find our guy as soon as possible. We need to recruit, recruit, and recruit some more. Nice start today already getting a blue chipper

Reactions: Cocky kebo57
head so much that is the one chance we had of beating quempsum. I know that is selfish on my part but nonetheless it might have worked, although it would have been a long shot.

It's very disappointing, especially if he was going to be forced out as some have said.

It's very disappointing, especially if he was going to be forced out as some have said.

Hi long time no see. Great to see you posting again. I e-mailed you several weeks ago simply to ask how you and your family were doing. Because, it had been so long since I last saw you post. Hope all is well with you and your family.

No, Spurrier did the right thing by announcing now. It gives us a big head start on the coaching search. Plus, if the taters beat us (and they probably will) they can't claim that they got another one of our head coaches either fired or forced out.

Clemson will beat us by as much as they want this year. No amount of motivation or rallying would help us beat them. Spurrier made the right decision to leave when he did. We have plenty of time to find the right candidate and get out of the dumpster fire we're currently stuck in. We need to find our guy as soon as possible. We need to recruit, recruit, and recruit some more. Nice start today already getting a blue chipper

No they won't. They have made up some ground but they won't come in and run wild like they did 12 or 13 years ago. They aren't that good although they are better than us. Our kids will be out for blood. Just watch.

Not if our D and O line come to play for blood. Our two DTs alone could shut their whole offense down. I'm not saying we have the talent to do it, but blowing up their interior line is all it takes to completely stop that offense in its tracks.

i would have liked for him to stay the year, but it was the right thing to do in my opinion

No they won't. They have made up some ground but they won't come in and run wild like they did 12 or 13 years ago. They aren't that good although they are better than us. Our kids will be out for blood. Just watch.

We're about the same as we were then. Clemson is a hell of a lot better than they were then. To the guy who said our two dts could stop their entire offense...thanks for making me spit my beer all over my office. I needed a little comedy today. We aren't stopping Clemson especially not with our putrid defensive line. They are a legit top five team. We're looking at going anywhere from 3-9 to 5-7. Change was needed and we got it. Lots of anticipation and hope right now is all we've got. At least it has me looking toward the future again.

Clemson has more talent on The field right now and let's just face it there defense is really good under vennerables. I'm hoping Tanner makes a wise decision with replacing a good portion of our coaching staff especially on defense. we need to get back to competing in the sec east asap before Tenn and flordia get back to the old Tenn and fla.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT