ADVERTISEMENT

If by some kind of luck Muschamp ends up winning 7, 8 or 9 games this year

Hope the games get played, but this is a throw-away year.

Personally, hope Muschamp and Bobo let it all hang out. Really nothing to lose....again.

I'm not sure he's {Muschamp} is capable of that mentally, as "typically games are decided by 4 to 6 plays." :)

But he's squarely on the hot seat and has 50mil+ banked from USC and UF alone.

Give the fans a little in return on the field Champ.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
4eo2zt.jpg

If he pulled a horseshoe out of his arse and wins that many games, sure. Give him a year or two extension.

But do not -- repeat, DO NOT -- up his buyout one iota. Like the OP, I want to see it happen at least 2 years in a row before I believe it's legit.

This year is "make or break" for Muschamp.
I agree. But unfortunately, I agree that he will get a pass if he only wins 3 games or more. There is is just not the collective will to make the tough decisions to win big amongst our fanbase and leadership.

Now, if he only wins one or even two games against our worst opponents and don't even look competitive in the losses and we STILL don't make a change? There might be a mutiny.

Tanner should be fired for having thoughts of giving Muschamp an extension.... I would like to see a couple of winning seasons from Muschamp before thinking of giving him an extension... And if some sucker, I mean, some other school wants to hire him, then so be it... We'll just have to take that chance....

Hearing from some of these players and coaches, they have me convinced that we could have a very good season....

i would be shocked if we had a winning season. Shocked. Muschamp Might be a good HC for Schools in the Sun Belt and that too Is debatable. Ray is clueless about hiring.

Tanner should be fired for having thoughts of giving Muschamp an extension.... I would like to see a couple of winning seasons from Muschamp before thinking of giving him an extension... And if some sucker, I mean, some other school wants to hire him, then so be it... We'll just have to take that chance....

Hearing from some of these players and coaches, they have me convinced that we could have a very good season....
He has... Already HAD “a couple winning seasons”. After the second one- a 9 win season- Tanner gave him the last extension that everyone bitches about constantly on here! WTH are you talking about? Some of ya’ll really let one bad season erase any memory of what he did his first three years here. Took over a 3 win team and made three consecutive bowls, winning more than any coach has won in their first three years at USC. Clueless.

He has... Already HAD “a couple winning seasons”. After the second one- a 9 win season- Tanner gave him the last extension that everyone bitches about constantly on here! WTH are you talking about? Some of ya’ll really let one bad season erase any memory of what he did his first three years here. Took over a 3 win team and made three consecutive bowls, winning more than any coach has won in their first three years at USC. Clueless.
He took over a three win team and we won four games last year. And people keep saying he had more wins than any coach in his first three years. He also played more games than any coach because we added a game to the schedule, allowing us to schedule an extra pasty, one of which (App State), beat us. Oh, by the way, he lost more games in four years than any coach in USC history.

He also has more losses than any coach in our history through 4 years. Sorry to tell both sides of that story. That 3 win team lacked leadership. He gave those players some of that. Unfortunately, they already knew how to win. He doesn't know how to teach that apparently. We play more games now than ever. That he's won more is irrelevant. How many ranked teams has he beaten? 2 through 4 years?

Not true. The last extension and increased buyout came after his 7 win season. That's the one everybody's got the problem with.

Good luck with that
So, you don't think we can get a better coach than Muschamp, if in the unlikelihood someone else hires him as Head Coach , or we have to make a change? Josh Heupel at UCF and Billy Napier at Louisiana Lafayette are much better coaches and offensive-minded coaches in the '"offense-first" college football of today

If we have a typical mediocre Muschamp season and retain him, using the ongoing coronavirus crises as the excuse to keep him on, this program will die.

Last edited:
He lost more games than any coach in the first 3 years too! So let’s not skip that fact, since you wanna “boast” about those mediocre three years.’ Muschamp is not a good football coach and it doesn’t matter, who’s on his staff he will “Never” win a championship!
tenor.gif

Reactions: paladin181

clueless? Are you? Look at this metric

wins/games (Overall)
wins/games (just SEC)
wins/games (out of Conference)
wins/games (ranked teams)

This will tell you a lot! It won’t be pretty.

Bunch of negative Nancies on this thread. We all know it’s a 10-0 season with 10 year extensions for Muschamp and Tanner. Greatest combo in all of college sports.

You will have that conviction dispelled in a matter of weeks, perhaps as few as one or two.

Last edited:

I’ll have what he’s having.

Reactions: Brace1
My reasoning is that his 9-win team did not finish in the Top 25. He has only had ONE nationally-ranked team as a Head Coach, at Florida. His 9-win team here was not deemed good enough to be ranked. But, if the pollsters put us in the Top 15 at the end of the season, we will have definitely overachieved. And I will credit that to Muschamp FINALLY having hired some good assistants. If he finishes in the Top 15 and is not extended,that will be a poor message to recruits and could hamper recruiting a lot. If he finishes in the Top 15 (due to having finally hired some good assistants), then, by golly, he has potential. I'd take the chance, and, I say that as a non-Muschamp fan who would not mind seeing him leave because we can do better. I know that probably sounds inconsistent but, so be it.
at least you dont let your dislike for muschamp add harm to the program like so many do!

Reactions: gamecock stock
at least you dont let your dislike for muschamp add harm to the program like so many do!

Don't confuse recognition of incompetence as a dislike. That you still believe that Muschamp can turn this titanic around smacks of a suspension of critical thinking. My heart always goes out to the players. All that talent. Sigh! For their sake I hope we do well. But the possibility of that happening is so slim.

I hope you are not making the case that we keep Muschamp. Dabo was winning Division and ACC Titles, unlike our maestro who went 4-8.
Patience is a virtue for which they are reaping rewards. All I’m saying...that and lol at ACC titles comment. True colors much? West Virginia just scored again.

Patience is a virtue for which they are reaping rewards. All I’m saying...that and lol at ACC titles comment. True colors much? West Virginia just scored again.

Patience is virtue when there are signs of improvement. Not with WM. 4-8 (App state, UNC, other???)

Their administration for not firing Dabo after the thumb? Think on these things.

Everything doesn't revolve around Clemson... Heck Spurrier tried like Hell to get people to understand this. If you take care of business in the SEC, Clemson will take care of itself. Clemson was still winning ACC titles and making BCS bowl appearances while they were losing to us. They had that to show recruits. Rings and titles matter, not who won the freaking Palmetto Bowl... Those titles and rings placed in front of recruits changed the trajectory of Clemson for the foreseeable future.

We haven’t won a game against an ACC team since 2017 and that includes being shut out versus Virginia. I get that the “cool kids” like to mock them but it only works if you’re the one winning.

If Hill is the starter (God help us all), he had a 3-9 record as starting QB at CSU. Is going to more than double that in one season here?

Reactions: SOSUSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT