ADVERTISEMENT

If Clemson comes in undefeated to Williams Brice...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Look for the ACC Ref's play a part of the game...

As of now... Clemson doesn't need any help, but money talks and bullshit walks... The ACC wants that chance of a National Championship money...

Just saying....

Their defense looked far from stellar yesterday too. Out of their 3 away games, they've looked relatively beatable in two of them. They will be favored against us and they should, but at the moment I'd say its not out of reason for us to pull an upset.

Reactions: debordieu cock
Did you not watch the game yesterday?? They won't need the ref's help, our sorry "hoke is a joke" defense will give 'em all the help they could ever need.

If Elliott called out Hoke & Ward in the press conference, I don't think they will be coaching our defense by the time we play Clemson...

Elliott will want to beat Clemson in so many reasons and he will not let our defense will play like this...

See improvements coming next week...

Won't matter. We need to get used to the fact they are likely going to be in the final four and they will be good for a while. We need to worry about our own program because they aren't going down with that pansy schedule of theirs year in and year out.
You're right! That schedule won't change and they just glide right through unscathed with very little competition. Everybody else has tough situations, injuries, arrests (Clemson's protected from that with their own police force)! We can't stop that but we CAN take care of our own business!

If Elliott called out Hoke & Ward in the press conference, I don't think they will be coaching our defense by the time we play Clemson...

Elliott will want to beat Clemson in so many reasons and he will not let our defense will play like this...

See improvements coming next week...
Who will coach the defense then? Botkin? Adams? lol

Dabo will use this last game of the season as a statement game for Watson. 350+ passing, 100+ rushing. Finishes at least in the top 3 for Heisman.

Reactions: rogue booster
Dabo will use this last game of the season as a statement game for Watson. 350+ passing, 100+ rushing. Finishes at least in the top 3 for Heisman.
Won or lose penalty for no penalty I hope we put him on his ascott early and often.

Their defense didn't look stellar last night but look good in their other 2 road games.

Even if it becomes a shootout in Willy B do you really think we can win a shootout against their offense?

Their defense looked far from stellar yesterday too. Out of their 3 away games, they've looked relatively beatable in two of them. They will be favored against us and they should, but at the moment I'd say its not out of reason for us to pull an upset.

Look for the ACC Ref's play a part of the game...

As of now... Clemson doesn't need any help, but money talks and bullshit walks... The ACC wants that chance of a National Championship money...

Just saying....

The guys who will play the biggest part in the game are our defensive players. They are ill led and ill prepared. I expect CU to hang 50+ on us. We are not a fast defense even when we are in position. Their mis-direction plays will carve us up. Their QB's run / pass abilities are nightmare for us. We couldn't begin to container Kyler Murray yesterday. Watson is significantly better as a QB. Better passer ... better reader of defenses .... similar as a runner ..... it will get ugly early IMO.

Reactions: rogue booster
The guys who will play the biggest part in the game are our defensive players. They are ill led and ill prepared. I expect CU to hang 50+ on us. We are not a fast defense even when we are in position. Their mis-direction plays will carve us up. Their QB's run / pass abilities are nightmare for us. We couldn't begin to container Kyler Murray yesterday. Watson is significantly better as a QB. Better passer ... better reader of defenses .... similar as a runner ..... it will get ugly early IMO.

Shoot, they may hang 70 on us to be honest.

I am certain that they will flock to WB in droves expecting to top the 63-17 beatdown from the olden days.

There is no doubt in my mind that they will hang 50 plus on us. Our only hope is to keep the ball out of their hands and use the clock which has worked in the past. We will have to score every possession to win.

You always have to play the game, but our crowd will be of little help I suspect.

Bring on Kirby or Muschamp to revamp our defense and start recruiting better. Herman ain't coming.

Did you not watch the game yesterday?? They won't need the ref's help, our sorry "hoke is a joke" defense will give 'em all the help they could ever need.

I watched and I saw at least 1 TD the refs gave them from an obvious push off and another that was borderline. They may not have needed it in the end but they damn sure got help from the refs yesterday..

I do agree that our D is presently a hoke, I mean a joke, right now though..

Reactions: IPOC369
i don't know what will be worse, the game or the BS coming from Dabo after the game. Postgame comments: 'this was a great SEC team that Watson showed why he should win the Heisman. That SC defense could shut down most NFL offenses, but they couldn't stop Watson'.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I watched and I saw at least 1 TD the refs gave them from an obvious push off and another that was borderline. They may not have needed it in the end but they damn sure got help from the refs yesterday..

I do agree that our D is presently a hoke, I mean a joke, right now though..

As a tater I am not denying the Peake pushoff. It happened ,it didn't get seen/called by the referee. TD Tigers!
But now did you happen to also see the nc st O-line constantly holding and tackling Clemson's Defensive players? I'm just curious to know if you can be unbiased or if you actually think, as others in this thread feel, that the ACC refs are gonna be what helps Clemson in WB this year?

You have to give credit where credit is due.The tooters are stacked this year.They are way better coached and had have super recruiting over the past years.Their defense showed a definite weakness against NC State.Their offense is wicked.I love the Gamecocks but when we play the tooters it is not going to be pretty.

I am certain that they will flock to WB in droves expecting to top the 63-17 beatdown from the olden days.

There is no doubt in my mind that they will hang 50 plus on us. Our only hope is to keep the ball out of their hands and use the clock which has worked in the past. We will have to score every possession to win.

You always have to play the game, but our crowd will be of little help I suspect.

Bring on Kirby or Muschamp to revamp our defense and start recruiting better. Herman ain't coming.
How do you figure that? The most loyal fanbase in college football? Gamecock fans always deliver the goods!

Not giving up quite yet. If the offense continue sto show signs of life over the next few weeks, I think it will be closer than many think. We can score on that defense. Would I bet on a win? No, I think we'll lose. But I also think it will be something like a 45-35 game or something crazy like that. Some turnovers, special teams flubs, or something on either side will be key. The weeks leading into the game will determine a lot. If we get housed by UT and Florida and show no signs of life and Clemson cruises past FSU, then yeah, it could get really ugly.

It would seem if you were a smart enough coach you would try different schemes to at least stop one aspect of the offense. Clemson has the long throw (which the receivers happen to push off), the wide out screen, watson run and some basic runs that no team can seem to stop. The outlook for our defense to stop that is not good.

As a tater I am not denying the Peake pushoff. It happened ,it didn't get seen/called by the referee. TD Tigers!
But now did you happen to also see the nc st O-line constantly holding and tackling Clemson's Defensive players? I'm just curious to know if you can be unbiased or if you actually think, as others in this thread feel, that the ACC refs are gonna be what helps Clemson in WB this year?
Since you asked, I did see holding and I saw a decent amount of it from both sides to be honest. Seems holding just doesn't get called like it used to..

I'm the kind of person that doesn't believe the refs will "give" teams anything. However, we are all people (even refs although some would argue this) and people do stupid and/or bad things all the time. So in a sense, I should say I don't believe they would, but I wouldn't put it past them..

Clemson was definitely the recipient of good fortune at big moments due to the refs inability to make the appropriate call. No more, no less. I don't believe the refs were cheating for Clemson since I saw some terrible calls and no calls all night. MHO

Reactions: CockyOneStraight
Sorry if I can not speak well of Clemson even if their Savior Dumbo injected enough Orange Kool-Aid
in them to actually turn them into super heroes.. If they win at Willy B then so be it, but no props to them from this Game Cock!. They are beatable..

I love my Gamecocks but....if Clemmons comes in undefeated they are leaving undefeated. In the history of the game between us and them we may have never matched up worse. Thank you sos.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I love my Gamecocks but....if Clemmons comes in undefeated they are leaving undefeated. In the history of the game between us and them we may have never matched up worse. Thank you sos.

This could be the honest truth. Matchup is really, really bad for us this year. 1989 might have been a worse matchup, but that's about the only one I can think of. We all know how that turned out.

No wonder Clemson fans are flocking to this board.. Heck our fans are talking them up more than their own. The five years we kicked their butts, they could only come up with excuses on how they gave us the game.. Never would they admit we the superior program.. Let them toot their own horns..

No wonder Clemson fans are flocking to this board.. Heck our fans are talking them up more than their own. The five years we kicked their butts, they could only come up with excuses on how they gave us the game.. Never would they admit we the superior program.. Let them toot their own horns..

When we kicked their butts they were still winning 9 or 10 games. And playing in conference championship games and bcs games. If we were doing that they would be more of a positive slant you know!!

Their defense didn't look stellar last night but look good in their other 2 road games.

Even if it becomes a shootout in Willy B do you really think we can win a shootout against their offense?

I think we could. I thought our offense was really clicking until that Pick Six on Saturday, and overall the most consistently decent offensive performance we've had.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to bet on a winner it would definitely be them at this point, but I've seen enough from both schools to feel like we could have a remote shot if we bring our A game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT