ADVERTISEMENT

If I was a betting man, well actually I am.

DarkHorse2001

Sep 8, 2001
I bet Bob Stoops will be our next coach. I think Coach Stoops would appreciate a change, and will want to move into the SEC.

I don't think it would happen nor would I bet on it. I'd most likely lose. But it's not as far fetched as one might think.

Reactions: IrmoRed
This is a hard one to call...
Only SOS and Tanner know for sure how things were left between SOS & USC.
If it was amicable...SOS may help facilitate something...if not, probably nnot.

What type of money would it take?

He could probably stay there for the next few years...then step away. He's made his $$.
This would only happen if he just wanted
a change in scenery,
a rivalry w his brother,
or a favor to SOS.

I would absolutely be for Stoops. I wouldn't have thought it was possible years ago but who knows right now. Things aren't as bad as they are in Texas and Strong but he is starting to hear rumblings there

Again, Stoops is a major long shot. But Oklahoma is much like Bama in that they aren't enthralled by 8-10 win seasons. They want titles. As it is, TCU and by gum Baylor of all teams are racing to titles. Neither of those look like they're headed down. Texas won't be down forever and Ok. State has shown that they came come even with Oklahoma every few years.

The point is not that Stoops would get fired. It would not happen. The administration there loves him. But the fans can grumble and make the job uncomfortable. So, probably a remote chance of him leaving but it is there.

I think you got the wrong Stoops! I said it early on that Mark would be the next HC here.....

OBC helped him get that job in Kentucky for a reason and there is also a reason he doesn't have a buyout in his contract.

He is free to leave for any other school without any penalty........You don't see that very often!

Stoops isn't coming here. He loves bashing the SEC but he doesn't want to coach in it, especially at SC where it isn't guaranteed he'll win plus face criticism for all the trash talk he was doing about our conference. He's an intriguing guy no doubt but clearly not a good fit.

I'd put it at .1 percent chance but I am for Stoops or Strong if there is some reason they are looking around. I don't see any way either would come but IF there was an opening for either I hope Coach Tanner goes after it hard.

This is a hard one to call...
Only SOS and Tanner know for sure how things were left between SOS & USC.
If it was amicable...SOS may help facilitate something...if not, probably nnot.

What type of money would it take?

He could probably stay there for the next few years...then step away. He's made his $$.
This would only happen if he just wanted
a change in scenery,
a rivalry w his brother,
or a favor to SOS.

It was clearly amicable. I think we all know Spurrier well enough to know that he wouldn't "fake it".

Young. Thats the M.O. Stoops could force a change of perception. Boomer nation was tired of Venables. Misplaced blame worked out for the paper lions.

Not in a million years. I'm in OK and watching Stoops coach is like watching Spurrier the last 2 years. No thank you. There's a reason they call him "Big Game Bob" here and its not flattering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT