ADVERTISEMENT

If I were Scarnecchia

I’d just walk on the field and tell Jake to get off.

And it wouldn't matter if he did. I know. Everybody always feels that the backup QB is the magical answer. But imagine Muschamp enjoys making that multi million dollar salary. Trust me. He outs the best he has on the field. May not be what folks wish for, but is what it is

Reactions: gamecox4982
And it wouldn't matter if he did. I know. Everybody always feels that the backup QB is the magical answer. But imagine Muschamp enjoys making that multi million dollar salary. Trust me. He outs the best he has on the field. May not be what folks wish for, but is what it is
It's not a matter of being the magical answer, it's about showing your senior some respect.

This game is absolutely over. Why the hell not play your SENIOR that stuck by you his entire career. He won our biggest game of the year by the way.

I know Bentley is the best player. I never call for Bentley to be benched. But with 6 minutes left in the 4th down 28-0, what in the world could Bentley possibly show that he hasn’t in this game? What do we have to lose? Any coach in America would’ve made a change. Nick Saban did it at halftime with a QB with 1 loss to his 2 year record in the National Title game. Perhaps Muschamp is wrong in this case? I certainly don’t trust his ability as a football coach. If anyone does after this cluster f&$% they are the sun shiniest pumper that’s ever lived.

Bentley starts next season, no doubt. Bentley is awful when we have to throw every down. He forces it too much. I still like Jake. Wish he’d have a big year. Maybe it’ll help having Hilinski behind him.

Doubt it though. Jeff Driskel is starting for the Bengals. Muschamp has a way of making players with potential look bad.

I know. Everybody always feels that the backup QB is the magical answer. May not be what folks wish for, but is what it is

My friend ... we're not looking for magic. We aren't even looking for any answers. But Scarnecchia was there for us when we needed him over the years and we can't give him a play in his last Clemson Game? We can't give him a play in his last Bowl game?? We can't give him a single play in two college games that we lost by a combined total of 49 points?

I guess LOYALTY will never be used as a recruiting tool ... at least not by Muschamp.

No offense intended, toward you, whatsoever.

My friend ... we're not looking for magic. We aren't even looking for any answers. But Scarnecchia was there for us when we needed him over the years and we can't give him a play in his last Clemson Game? We can't give him a play in his last Bowl game?? We can't give him a single play in two college games that we lost by a combined total of 49 points?

I guess LOYALTY will never be used as a recruiting tool ... at least not by Muschamp.

No offense intended, toward you, whatsoever.
How about 25 point lead against Akron

Reactions: roosterbell
I know Bentley is the best player. I never call for Bentley to be benched. But with 6 minutes left in the 4th down 28-0, what in the world could Bentley possibly show that he hasn’t in this game? What do we have to lose? Any coach in America would’ve made a change. Nick Saban did it at halftime with a QB with 1 loss to his 2 year record in the National Title game. Perhaps Muschamp is wrong in this case? I certainly don’t trust his ability as a football coach. If anyone does after this cluster f&$% they are the sun shiniest pumper that’s ever lived.
You make a damn good point.

You must know Jake is having a preseason season ending injury we don’t know about.

No way he pulls Jake.

Did you see the game today? 42% passing, no TDs and 2 ints? Do you think Hiliniski could do better? Be more mobile? More accurate? Hilinski may not start game 1, as he is a freshman, but by next years bowl game and there will be a bowl game, expect Hilinski to start that not Jake.

Did you see the game today? 42% passing, no TDs and 2 ints? Do you think Hiliniski could do better? Be more mobile? More accurate? Hilinski may not start game 1, as he is a freshman, but by next years bowl game and there will be a bowl game, expect Hilinski to start that not Jake.

Yes. I also saw the Missouri game where a QB outperformed JB and won the biggest game of the season yet never let go of the clipboard the rest of the season.

You saw that too. Hillinkski is the water boy until Jake leaves. That’s just the way it is. We’ve shown no creativity to move the ball when Jake struggles other than to say “Jakes our guy” and keep getting the same results.

And there will not be a bowl game next year unless we’re 5-7, there aren’t enough 6 win qualifiers and we get in on being the 5 win team with the best academic progress.

Yes. I also saw the Missouri game where a QB outperformed JB and won the biggest game of the season yet never let go of the clipboard the rest of the season.

You saw that too. Hillinkski is the water boy until Jake leaves. That’s just the way it is. We’ve shown no creativity to move the ball when Jake struggles other than to say “Jakes our guy” and keep getting the same results.

And there will not be a bowl game next year unless we’re 5-7, there aren’t enough 6 win qualifiers and we get in on being the 5 win team with the best academic progress.

That is just your frustration talking. Muschamp is loyal to Bentley because he is "his" guy. Michael Scarnecchia isn't and wasn't his recruit. With Hilinski, Muschamp will have a guy who is even more "his" guy than Bentley. Especially if they get through a third of a season and it looks like a 5-7 is offing. The pressure to switch to Hilinski would be massive and unlike Scarnecchia, Hilinski is Muschamp's recruit, his star recruit, and he would switch in an instant if not sooner. Watch Muschamp very long and he is easy to read. This is exactly what he will do. If Jake wants to keep Hilinski as waterboy, he better be 4-1 or better in the first 5 games next year.

That is just your frustration talking. Muschamp is loyal to Bentley because he is "his" guy. Michael Scarnecchia isn't and wasn't his recruit. With Hilinski, Muschamp will have a guy who is even more "his" guy than Bentley. Especially if they get through a third of a season and it looks like a 5-7 is offing. The pressure to switch to Hilinski would be massive and unlike Scarnecchia, Hilinski is Muschamp's recruit, his star recruit, and he would switch in an instant if not sooner. Watch Muschamp very long and he is easy to read. This is exactly what he will do. If Jake wants to keep Hilinski as waterboy, he better be 4-1 or better in the first 5 games next year.
Maybe this is why Deebo didn’t play today. He was recruited by Spurrier jr so he wasn’t Champ’s” guy”.Maybe Champ told him he didn’t need him.

I hope you’re right. I will acknowledge the frustration is there. Maybe Hillinski being his recruit matters. Jake played better late in the season but there were some times he should have sat if for no other reason for making a dumb mistake or letting a senior play on senior night, yet Muschamp refused to make that call.

In any situation (taking Gamecocks out of it) if the freshman is anywhere near the talent of the senior then let the freshman play. More room for growth long term. Also we’re not playing for a title anytime soon, that is painfully obvious.

Maybe this is why Deebo didn’t play today. He was recruited by Spurrier jr so he wasn’t Champ’s” guy”.Maybe Champ told him he didn’t need him.

I doubt he told him that, but it was probably apparent to Deebo all season that he wasn't a Muschamp guy. Deebo was the past, new recruits (like Hilinski) the future, at least in the new coach's mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT