ADVERTISEMENT

If it was 4th and goal at the 1 yard line ....

Pretty simple “The Bus” The game with three touchdowns on 5 carry’s for 1 yard says it all.
Middle linebacker I am going with Jack Lambert.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I beat you to it. I remember that play relatively well. It wasn't a clean transition, correct?
Yeah, cost us a potential to beat uga at a time when we needed a win like that desperately.

went and looked it up- 2002, same game Pollack snatched the ball from Jenkins in the end zone for the ugliest pick six we have ever given up! 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, cost us a potential to beat uga at a time when we needed a win like that desperately.

went and looked it up- 2002, same game Pollack snatched the ball from Jenkins in the end zone for the ugliest pick six we have ever given up! 🤦‍♂️
I remember that I thought Pollack was going to be a pro bowl type player he was a terrific college player

Don't forget enduring a lightning delay.
Now that you mention it, that game marked our downfall after 2001.
I think we lost to UVa in game 1 and this made us 0-2 and wrecked us.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I would have sworn it was an option play, and Pinnock fumbled the pitch.
It was just a simple pitch. Skip wanted to run an option but was overruled by Lou. He wanted to take his chances with Pinnock out in open space. It would have worked except for the drop on a good pitch. I was 20 yds away and remember it like it was yesterday. Heartbreaking.....

It was just a simple pitch. Skip wanted to run an option but was overruled by Lou. He wanted to take his chances with Pinnock out in open space. It would have worked except for the drop on a good pitch. I was 20 yds away and remember it like it was yesterday. Heartbreaking.....
Okay, I just went back and watched the play...it was definitely a speed option.

I beat you to it. I remember that play relatively well. It wasn't a clean transition, correct?
Our season ticket seats were right along that goal line on the first two rows for 25 years. He basically was coming right at me, looked up at the defenders as the ball was pitched and it fell to the ground. If you just look the ball into his hands he would have walked right in and who knows what would have happened to the list of Lou's coaching tenure here.

Very interesting I saw a stat of the highest percentage short yardage and goal to go runners and guess who was the tops - Marcus Allen ?!! Never would have figured that . Marcus wasn’t that big or powerful but he always found a way to wiggle that yard . Very surprised . I expected guys like Emmit , Walter and LT but Marcus was a bit of a surprise .

Very interesting I saw a stat of the highest percentage short yardage and goal to go runners and guess who was the tops - Marcus Allen ?!! Never would have figured that . Marcus wasn’t that big or powerful but he always found a way to wiggle that yard . Very surprised . I expected guys like Emmit , Walter and LT but Marcus was a bit of a surprise .
Bennett over the top,.....vs the whole Jawga defense!!!

Reactions: myrtlecock
Like someone said. He would dive over the line like Brandon Bennett. I was a big raiders fan back in the '70s and 80s I remember watching him do it many times.

Like someone said. He would dive over the line like Brandon Bennett. I was a big raiders fan back in the '70s and 80s I remember watching him do it many times.

Great player . Marcus might have been one of the most complete backs in NFL history . Great runner , great receiver and blocker and I think he think he even threw 4 or 5 TD’s . Incredible player . Wasn’t that fast or powerful but he just made people miss

Reactions: myrtlecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT