ADVERTISEMENT

If it's Muschamp who would be a realistic OC he would go after?

A friend of mine showed me a web site that was reporting Jeff Scott. Can't make stuff like that up.

A friend of mine showed me a web site that was reporting Jeff Scott. Can't make stuff like that up.

No way Jeff Scott has any interest. If you are an up and coming OC, how could you hook your fortunes to Muschamp. I think it will have to be a seasoned guy who is good but undervalued where he is at and has been there awhile. I can't think of any names, but i am thinking a more seasoned guy who is looking for a change of pace.

I know it sounds a bit crazy...but what they're doing down at Charleston Southern is a beast and that staff has some future stars on it. The HC Jamey Chadwell for one, big time offensive guy who wins everywhere he goes. And his OC is Willy Korn...yep....former SC HS superstar and legend who could tear up in state recruiting....and obviously has done it at CSU on the FCS level.

We have a staff full of diamonds in the rough down there. Hope the new HC at least takes a look because Chip Kelly, Jim Tressel, etc, came from D2 and FCS, as have many others.

Maybe and this is a universe sized maybe and WM is the HC, RT will pony up like Clemson did and get the best OC in FB-Lincoln.

Reactions: jonesz21
Already reported he's talking to Jeff Scott. Good recruiter. Hopefully, he'll be wise enough to bring back Elliott Johnson for D coord. But who knows. If it is Muschamp, it could be a lot worse. I was hoping for one of the young bucks like Riley.

I keep hearing about Jeff Scott, but why on earth would he leave a school which is #1 in the country for the same position at their arch rival who went 3-9 this year and must rebuild? That would be quite a recruiting coup for The Whiteboard Slayer. Of course, money talks.

I keep hearing about Jeff Scott, but why on earth would he leave a school which is #1 in the country for the same position at their arch rival who went 3-9 this year and must rebuild? That would be quite a recruiting coup for The Whiteboard Slayer. Of course, money talks.

That would be the only reason.

Going from co-OC to OC is a promotion, imho.

Reactions: BigTomE
Already reported he's talking to Jeff Scott. Good recruiter. Hopefully, he'll be wise enough to bring back Elliott Johnson for D coord. But who knows. If it is Muschamp, it could be a lot worse. I was hoping for one of the young bucks like Riley.
Reported is a strong word, don't ya think. Wasn't it just one guy saying this?

Because he covered himself in glory at Texas as "co-offensive coordinator." Because he was canned at Alabama.

Because it's obvious that Herman gave him the keys to the offense and let him call all the plays.
Because the question was "who would he realistically go after". Comprehend much?

The implication was what the results of hiring Applewhite would likely be. Comprehend much?
I comprehend plenty. Mainly that you think a coach can't be successful if he's ever failed before. Brilliant, actually. What you fail to comprehend is that I didn't say I supported the hiring of Applewhite. I answered the OP's question.

Yeah if we are not going after the hot name as HC u know we won't for OC. Usually guys like Muschamp pick folks they have worked with at some point
Exactly, they look to guys they are comfortable with. He, most likely, isn't going to go much outside of his comfort zone based on the the importance of him succeeding this time.

Exactly, they look to guys they are comfortable with. He, most likely, isn't going to go much outside of his comfort zone based on the the importance of him succeeding this time.

Mark Dantonio was 18-17 at Cincy before heading to mich st. He turned out alright

Nick saban was 34-24 at mich st and he turned out OK

Muschamp was 28-21. At UF. Maybe he will turn around just like dantonio and saban at next gig

Last edited:
I comprehend plenty. Mainly that you think a coach can't be successful if he's ever failed before. Brilliant, actually. What you fail to comprehend is that I didn't say I supported the hiring of Applewhite. I answered the OP's question.

Maybe he can. But if he sucks at one spot history shows it's the way to bet.

After reading the article I linked, I'm not so sure that's the case. Or maybe he'll find someone who he's familiar with that runs this new offense he wants to install. Who knows.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: jerryusc
I would hope the offense would be as good as he had them at Florida, he said sarcastically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT