ADVERTISEMENT

If Mike Starts...

I hope we see both. Wild cat packages for Joyner, maybe even see them both on the field at the same time. We need to pump some energy in the offense and Mcclendon needs to show some in-game adjustments.

Not necessarily. Could just mean they rotate.
It could mean that Scar is being started in order to give DJ a chance to play and see how he does. If he comes in and does well, he gets more playing time and a larger portion of the playbook. If he still can't throw consistently, he'll be limited. Which means everyone is (mostly) protected from criticism. Just a thought.

Is this like when some hoped David Williams would get some carries to cure our ills?

We all like to believe there is magic waiting to bust out of the bench. That the coach simply hasn’t seen it. But almost every time you end up seeing why they weren’t starting in the first place.

...Jake doesn't. (100%)
...our chance of winning goes down. (85%)
...CWM has an excuse for the loss. (100%)
...we find the missing spark. (5%)

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Is this like when some hoped David Williams would get some carries to cure our ills?

We all like to believe there is magic waiting to bust out of the bench. That the coach simply hasn’t seen it. But almost every time you end up seeing why they weren’t starting in the first place.

I agree. The only possible way to dispute this is thati think there are "gameday players". Sometimes kids shine when the lights are on. CWM doesn't believe that; he always says those who practice well, play well. However, some times players thrive under the pressure.

On another note, I would like to see joyner play. Even if he isn't a great passer, he gives us a valid option to run the QB. He can make time with his feet to give our receivers time to get open

I hope we see both. Wild cat packages for Joyner, maybe even see them both on the field at the same time. We need to pump some energy in the offense and Mcclendon needs to show some in-game adjustments.
By definition it isn’t a wild cat package if a QB is behind center.

I agree. The only possible way to dispute this is thati think there are "gameday players". Sometimes kids shine when the lights are on. CWM doesn't believe that; he always says those who practice well, play well. However, some times players thrive under the pressure.

On another note, I would like to see joyner play. Even if he isn't a great passer, he gives us a valid option to run the QB. He can make time with his feet to give our receivers time to get open
OL has been protecting amazingly this year. Receivers are getting enough time they aren’t making separation. Had nothing to do with getting more time.

Reactions: gr8spur
OL has been protecting amazingly this year. Receivers are getting enough time they aren’t making separation. Had nothing to do with getting more time.

Agreed, it would just give us another dimension to havea qb that the other team has to respect as a runner. They would probably have to spy him, and that might help someone else get open, or at least move the defenses eyes a bit

This is the most concerning thing. Unless Dak is the next Connor Shaw, this isn’t an overnight fix. QB’s and receivers have been poorly coached and it’s showing. Only thing to remember is that our OL looked bad under Wolford at the start of last year and improved. Hopefully QBs and receivers will improve as this year progresses.

It could mean that Scar is being started in order to give DJ a chance to play and see how he does. If he comes in and does well, he gets more playing time and a larger portion of the playbook. If he still can't throw consistently, he'll be limited. Which means everyone is (mostly) protected from criticism. Just a thought.
We might as well find out if we have a "bench" or not. If we have no one who could come in and lead the team in the absence of the starting QB, then why are we carrying these players on the roster? Room and Board? Seats on the bus?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Drew Locke is gonna shred our defense regardless so I think it’s really a mute point .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT