ADVERTISEMENT

If Orth had started, we would not have lost to UK

That is actually a huge assumption on your part. Is the glass asymmetrical? If it is tapered in any way, then your theory doesn't hold water so to speak as the volume would not be the same at the middle of the glass.
My point is...it is both....the statement as to whether it is one or the other would be incorrect when it has two answers that are correct. There is no one correct answer.

No...even when I'm right....I'm right.....
thereisnospoon.jpg

I agree that Orth proved that he is the most effective QB on the roster. But here is the problem. We have a fragile 6'3" scarecrow in Mitch, who looks like he is very uncomfortable and scared to be out there. Now he is injured and on the shelf for a while. Then we have a 5'9" walk on who looks comfortable and can throw the ball, but is not much of a rushing threat. These are the guys that Spurrier is putting on the field? Forget about talent for a minute, let's just focus on the size of these QBs. You cannot have a physically weak QB facing SEC defenses every week. You cannot have a 5'9" walk on at QB against SEC defenses every week. Not only is Spurrier misjudging QB talent, he's not even bringing in guys with the right body type to last in the SEC. Very frustrating.
WOW There. I can't let you say that twice. Our new QB PERRY ORTH DOES NOT STAND 5' 9 !!! He is 6' 1--the same height as the Greatest QB in Carolina History, Connor Shaw. And as far as the exaggerated RANT to let off your disappointment on a BAD coach Spurrier, did you even realize that Spurrier is the same "bad judge of QB talent" who nurtured Connor Shaw ? AND the same
"bad judge of QB talent that JUST nurtured a TWO STAR QB who nobody recognized--and turned DYLAN THOMPSON into a QB who led the SEC in yardage ? AND that TWO-STAR QB that NOBODY ELSE RECOGNIZED is now being paid by the professional San Francisco 49'ers ??
NO, Spurrier is the first one to admit that he sometimes calls or approves the wrong,bad call on offense. But I think you have to not be like a woman struggling w/ PMS( excuse me ladies)--every time your team has a disappointing lost !!!!! I mean we JUST had an uplifting WIN over a newly improved North Carolina Tarheel defense LAST week.
Today, Sept. 14, 2015, the season isn't but two games in ! Let's support the players and program at least another few games.
Unless you're a Tater or a PRETENDING Gamecock, I'd say this kind of sorry rant on which you go should be ashamed of itself.
OH, and I agree w/ two others. For some reason, Perry Orth might be a better option for us from now on that Mitch. Connor Mitch had a BRILLIANT high school career. But just as Spurrier said, you don't know which person is going to actually live up to their potential when then are thrown in the College Arena of Live football action. Not giving up yet oN Mitch fully; but I like better the calmer, more poised Orth who got NEITHER all the reps w/the first team that Mitch got--AND keeps getting thrown in the game without any warmup at all !! (2 instant completions when Mitch got hurt for 2 plays at North Carolina, too.)

Last edited:
His ability to throw is leaps and bounds better than Mitchs imo. The playbook would have been more open and the playcalling would not have been as stagnant as it was. If Orth had taken the snaps in practice with the 1st team the week leading up to UK, I think we would have been at least a 10pt winner.
Spurrier is prideful, and Mitch has been his project. He would start all 12 if not injured.

I'm not sure how I struck a nerve with the poster above. I'm probably the most respectful Clemson poster you guys see in here. I apologize anyway. I know the SC fan base is frustrated right now and I would be too. It happens. Not many teams stay on top for years and years like Alabama, Nebraska back in the 80s and 90s, Oklahoma, Florida when Spurrier was there, Auburn to a degree, Oregon of late, etc. Clemson and SC just do not have the name brand to constantly pull in top talent without effort to really sell the program. It comes in cycles for our 2 programs. Well anyway, I meant no disrespect and thank the poster who said there was nothing wrong with my post.

God bless guys.
Absolutely nothing wrong with your original post. I actually agree with you. Did I just admit that? There's no doubt Mitch was a very talented HS QB, and he's probably great at practice. But I think when he steps out onto the field in front of 80,000 screaming fans, he looks like he's about to soil himself. I hate to bash the kid so early in his career, but he doesn't seem ready to be a season long starting QB.

Um, if Spurrier would have come out running the ball, we wouldn't have lost.

Who, other than Spurrier, didn't know UK sucked ass against the run?

We went 3 and out on about 4 different possessions after the turnover and score. Mitch missed several open receivers that would have sustained drives. And he didn't just missed them, he missed them BADLY.

It would have been a different ball game had he been on target. To Mitch's credit and not to sound too harsh, he did hit one long pass in the 2nd quarter before he was injured but we were already down 17-7 at that point.
I wouldn't be to sure of that, seems I remember some balls that were thrown in the breadbasket that was just plain dropped. Nothing seemed to go well for us after the touchdown in the first half

I agree that Orth proved that he is the most effective QB on the roster. But here is the problem. We have a fragile 6'3" scarecrow in Mitch, who looks like he is very uncomfortable and scared to be out there. Now he is injured and on the shelf for a while. Then we have a 5'9" walk on who looks comfortable and can throw the ball, but is not much of a rushing threat. These are the guys that Spurrier is putting on the field? Forget about talent for a minute, let's just focus on the size of these QBs. You cannot have a physically weak QB facing SEC defenses every week. You cannot have a 5'9" walk on at QB against SEC defenses every week. Not only is Spurrier misjudging QB talent, he's not even bringing in guys with the right body type to last in the SEC. Very frustrating.

Go figure.........Jones is bashing Spurrier and cracking on players at the same time. Wow, that's different. We haven't seen this side of him before.

Your shtick is so old now.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your original post. I actually agree with you. Did I just admit that? There's no doubt Mitch was a very talented HS QB, and he's probably great at practice. But I think when he steps out onto the field in front of 80,000 screaming fans, he looks like he's about to soil himself. I hate to bash the kid so early in his career, but he doesn't seem ready to be a season long starting QB.
you just never know....seems another connor we had was aweful his first game, which Garcia had to bail him out...seems that connor turned out to be a pretty good QB

Suck it tater

Stop making us look bad. This was actually a polite tater who made some good points. Save the venom for the a$$hole posters..........many of which have Gamecock screen names.

My apologies Rob for this 4 post veterans juvenile response.

Thanks guys. I'm not going to come in here and hide behind a fake name, act like I pull for SC when they aren't playing us, etc., but I will always be respectful in my posting here. It isn't like I need to make this rivalry any nastier. I think it is about the best rivalry in college football, but I am a little biased.

I will continue to post here as I love football, love watching it, love talking about it. I will post until I'm told I'm not welcome. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT