ADVERTISEMENT

If Roper leaves, could we get Sumlin as OC?

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
He has always been good wit offense so would he be a possibility for OC? Or would he require to much money?

I don't think it's realistic unfortunately. I'd do anything to get him, Lane or Briles over here. Literally anything.

If Frost is gone I could see Sumlin jump in there until his next big gig. Or wait a year and take over Arizona when Rich Rod gets fired next year.

Sum is getting paid $10m in the next 55 days regardless if he finds a job or not. Thats an unreal job jimmy sexton did on that contract. He doesn't need to make $1.5m to be an OC in the SEC.

We could dream. If there are no home run openings that he's interested in this season, taking a lousy SC offense and turning it around quickly would add a lot to his name. But are there better coordinators out there for less money is the question.

We will have to wait until tomorrow. For the next 24 hours he will be the next Tennessee coach. Then he will announce he is not interested.

We could dream. If there are no home run openings that he's interested in this season, taking a lousy SC offense and turning it around quickly would add a lot to his name. But are there better coordinators out there for less money is the question.
Why is everyone overlooking Sumlin's OC, Noel Mazzone. I'm pretty sure he'd be cheaper and more accessible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT