ADVERTISEMENT

If the COVID-19 virus is still around by June 1, I believe...

...that Americans are going to have to face facts and go back to our everyday lives with the knowledge that 5% of the population (mostly elderly) might likely die. I do not believe that the American people are going to let the national economy go into the toilet for 5% of the population.

Someone spouting just ridiculous and fictitious numbers like this just fuel the massive misinformation floating around

On that note likewise to this poster, some of the media in the daily White House press conferences have got to be among the dumbest people to ever walk earth. They can literally as a questions seconds after it was just answered or ask a question that no one short of Jesus can answer.

Lastly I’ll add that if you think the media caused our government to shutdown half the country just for panic fear monger it news outlets you are insane. This is a huge huge deal unlike we have seen in our lifetimes and people need to accept that ASAP.

There is no way we should willingly shut things down like this for “just the flu”.
Just look at any single sport and how much money they are losing for the season.

Also I’d start getting comfortable with no football in the fall. I’d say that’s 65% likely at this point. Mayb3 75%.

...that Americans are going to have to face facts and go back to our everyday lives with the knowledge that 5% of the population (mostly elderly) might likely die. I do not believe that the American people are going to let the national economy go into the toilet for 5% of the population.

Good grief, 5%? Where did you get that number?

As it currently stands, the mortality rates and infection rates are going to remain inaccurate compared to what's actually real due to the lack of mass testing. So I think it's irresponsible to say that this virus is nothing to worry about and doing this pandemic a disservice by comparing it to the flu. Unlike the flu there's no vaccine at this time, that plus the long incubation period (with no symptoms is many )and lack of knowledge of this strain makes this virus that much more dangerous. It's important to have a healthy amount of fear of what's happening but don't let it consume you. I rather be inconvenienced for a bit and possibly overreact for what's to come than to take it lightly and for some of our more vulnerable neighbors to have unnecessary serious medical illness or death due to ignorance.

Someone spouting just ridiculous and fictitious numbers like this just fuel the massive misinformation floating around

On that note likewise to this poster, some of the media in the daily White House press conferences have got to be among the dumbest people to ever walk earth. They can literally as a questions seconds after it was just answered or ask a question that no one short of Jesus can answer.

Lastly I’ll add that if you think the media caused our government to shutdown half the country just for panic fear monger it news outlets you are insane. This is a huge huge deal unlike we have seen in our lifetimes and people need to accept that ASAP.

There is no way we should willingly shut things down like this for “just the flu”.
Just look at any single sport and how much money they are losing for the season.

Also I’d start getting comfortable with no football in the fall. I’d say that’s 65% likely at this point. Mayb3 75%.
I don't think the media caused them to shut down everything, I think that might be more politically motivated than not. But hey, it's wild speculation. We're not being told everything, and that's the only thing definitely know for sure.

Reactions: alphazeta
Mortality rate for covid19 is still 1.3%!! The mortality rate for the seasonal flu is still 5.4%!! Wake up America! Free your mind!

Bs the us average mortality rate is 0.10% for the flu.

what people don’t realize it’s what you do now that flattens the curve. It’s not some made up story that this virus has the ability to kill even young adults. Furthermore it’s not made up that this virus has the capability to put a strain on the health care system. We have already seen that in other counties. I have fiends I met while studying abroad in Rome when I was in college. The reports you are seeing from them are not fake. It’s that bad over there

Reactions: alphazeta
By June 1 there is a good chance Covid-19 will have spread so much worldwide that efforts to slow the spread will pretty much be pointless anyways. At that point it's about being able to treat as many people as possible let's hope we can get those ventilators ready. There comes a point where you are just doing things to make people feel better about a terrible situation they don't have any control over.

Greenwood had no tests. Greenwood gets tests and just like that confirmed cases. This thing is much larger than the CDC numbers. There's literally minimal testing being done even in large cities like Chicago.
I heard today that they believe the number of cases is being underestimated because it is likely being spread asymptomatically. There are people with the virus who either do not get sick or who have mild cases and keep going out or going to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT