ADVERTISEMENT

If we want a big time coach we are going to have to lay some $$$ down. How about

If there are no performance standards then a contract is worthless. Why have it?.
I would dearly love to see his contract.

Coaches contracts are pretty much worthless, if they want to leave someone pays the buyout and they leave, if school wants to fire them they pony up the buyout and fire them. But a coach under contract is likely to finish the season before he bolts, Would you agree that SOS has done things never before done at USC? If you agree to that you would have to agree with he has been good for the program. I can almost guarantee you, if a performance clause was in SOS's initial contract had been present he would never have been the coach of USC. He would have gone back to UF but the AD asked him for his credentials to be UF's coach and in true SOS style he told him to look in the trophy case to see his credentials. Like I said in another thread, I won't get into if USC needs a change or not, but if there is one and you get one of the coaches mentioned here, there will not be a performance clause that says winning 7, or whatever the number is, or less games voids the contract.

There was a time I'd bet the house on Craig Philip Bohl who killed it every year at North Dakota State University, but Wyoming got him. He hasn't had time to rebuild with his own recruits yet, but it is looking like "Big Boy" football isn't the same as the MV conference.

Should we offer Muschamp a second chance at a HC job. With a good OC he might get the job done. This is purely wishful thinking of course.

Should we offer Muschamp a second chance at a HC job. With a good OC he might get the job done. This is purely wishful thinking of course.

Your not serious I hope!

Besides we have a coach that has about 3 to 4 years left on his contract. Unless you got about 12 to 16 million to pony up to get him gone and another million or so to get Hoke gone you have a HC and a DC.

The only people with contracts that will be up this year are the rest of the assistants.

Yeah we are gonna spend about 15 million to run off a HOF Coach and a DC so we can bring in a whole new crew and promise them what? There is a limit to how much you can spend you know!

Of course when you aren't writing the checks its pretty easy to just say fire this person, fire that person, hire this person or that person and when they don't meet some expectation that you have developed in your own head you start all over again.

I seriously wonder sometimes if people actually think through what they say or post

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT