ADVERTISEMENT

If You Could Relive One Play...

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
from any carolina football season, what would it be??, even if we lost the game

socalpr.gif

The Pinnock fumbled pitch near the goal line against UGA - 2002. Holtz had beaten UGA twice and that win would have given us tremendous leverage as a program. It was fateful. Plus it would have de-sensationalized the fumble David Pollock stole from Jenkins in our end zone for a touchdown earlier. I'll never forget seeing that ball bounce off Pinnock when it seemed certain we were set to break their hearts.

from any carolina football season, what would it be??, even if we lost the game
Relive as in "put myself in the play", relive as in "go back in time and watch it again", or relive as in "go back with a chance to change it"??

If we're changing plays (or reliving a play) mine would be that ridiculous catch that the UT receiver caught to get them into FG range that ultimately won them the game. He drops that ball, we win the game. We go on to the SEC Championship game, win the game (I always thought that Gamecock team was the team to do it) and play in the BCS Championship game (our record going into that game would've been 12-1). Who knows what might have been???

Derek Watson scoring a TD to give us a 7-0 lead versus Florida in 2001.

My god that TD was electric. Perfect weather in Columbia. Gameday in town for the first time. Playing Florida for the East. Blackout. Magic in the air. Then we take a lead. It was a bonkers moment.

If I could go back in time for one play, I'd relive that moment... AND THEN I WOULD IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE STADIUM BEFORE THE BLOWOUT

Reactions: heavycock and DC-99
Derek Watson scoring a TD to give us a 7-0 lead versus Florida in 2001.

My god that TD was electric. Perfect weather in Columbia. Gameday in town for the first time. Playing Florida for the East. Blackout. Magic in the air. Then we take a lead. It was a bonkers moment.

If I could go back in time for one play, I'd relive that moment... AND THEN I WOULD IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE STADIUM BEFORE THE BLOWOUT

I was only 8 years old, but remember thinking the stadium was going to fall in on itself. Absolutely electric.

Broadcast muffles the sound, but you can see the cameras shaking. 2001/the first 5 minutes of that game were unreal

This is my vote. In the student section and remember people tumbling down the bleachers around me. Craziest moment I've ever experienced in Williams Brice. Didn't think we'd ever lose again.. Watch Lattimore come off the sideline and jump on Ace's back at the 20 or so second mark

The Pinnock fumbled pitch near the goal line against UGA - 2002. Holtz had beaten UGA twice and that win would have given us tremendous leverage as a program. It was fateful. Plus it would have de-sensationalized the fumble David Pollock stole from Jenkins in our end zone for a touchdown earlier. I'll never forget seeing that ball bounce off Pinnock when it seemed certain we were set to break their hearts.

This ^^^^ absolutely makes me sick every time the subject is brought up. Damn! I hate Jawja! However, they do have a few good alums.

Reactions: heavycock
I go back a bit...10/4/86....we were a young team. Todd Ellis was a freshman and we were home playing against #3 Nebraska. We were down 27-24, under a minute left at the cornhusker 19. Ellis threw a pick that at least prevented a tie....my 1st game as a freshman....the stadium was swaying tremendously!!!!
It gets loud there now, but the students today don't know what it's like to sway!!!

KO pick 6 after Troy Williamson's td against UGA , that place wasn't going nuts ,
Unfortunately we blew it but it was electric

Brandon Bennett scoring from about the 5 yard line against Clemson in 1992. That sealed the game. We had lost to those guys 4 straight and we beat them in Donkey Valley on a cold, rainy November Saturday. The Taneyhill "sign the paw" game. Rob Deboar also had some great runs in that game.

I was a Senior and sitting in the end zone Brandon scored in. I can still see him extending his arms as he crossed the goal line. I was going crazy. My feet didn't touch the ground for days after! I had a patch of that grass for years as well.

24-13, Gamecocks win.
A great memory.

Is this about Reliving or Redoing?

re·live
rēˈliv/
verb
  1. live through (an experience or feeling, especially an unpleasant one) again in one's imagination or memory.
    "he broke down sobbing as he relived the attack"
For reliving, a good experience, i would not suggest the push off or the North catch at Knoxville, LOL

The fade as suggested above was a pretty good experience, Lattimore's last TD to cap the win at UF in 2010 is something I like to relive. I will go with Alshon against # 1 Alabama.

Reactions: viennacocks
Man the play that still give me nightmares is the Jarvis Moss field goal block against us in the Swamp . UF won the national title that year and I think if we won that game it would have jumpstarted our program 3 years . Nightmares

I thought about a few to post, but honestly as a fan living near the orange bishes here in the upstate and given the state of the program the last 3 years-especially the 2 before last year, last year was almost bearable but then satan and his new spring cult has the zodiac align and wins it all last year was negated by that.

Everything good i can remember is far overshadowed by what spurrier left us with and did to us. We should be competing for the sec every year right now given the 2010-2013 run and also a national title mixed in there every now and then.

And to top it all as i said the cult won it all last year, so its pretty miserable to be a gamecock fan right now and hopefully we will go a long way this year to steal back some momentim we never should have lost in the first place, but its goint to take a over the top coaching performance on all sides of the ball to attract some better recruits, and figure out some way even if we have to recruit the north koreans to nuke clempson to beat them this year.

None of that matters now till we beat those goat humpers again.

I remember at that very moment, I said to myself "we can win the national title." That was the only time in my life I've ever said that about a Gamecock team.

same here...

was in death valley in BR the next weekend with high hopes

most LSU fans expected us to kick their ass

even though we wore our camo costume pajama uniforms, LSU out slugged us 23-21

the game was really not that close

this was our shot at a real breakthrough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT