ADVERTISEMENT

If you like Beamer let's hear your predictions

75CarolinaFan

Jan 7, 2009
Each year he is coach, let's say he makes it five years, what will his record be each year?

Edit: Assume each season will be the normal 12 games(pre-COVID).

Last edited:
Well in the 100+yrs of football, we have won 9 or more games only 7 times. SOS had 4 of them. So with our yearly schedules we have, winning 7 or 8 games a year will be normal. Once every five years we may win 10-11 games.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Carolina Football is a dumpster fire, maybe that's why other high profile coaches wouldn't touch this job. Thank you Tanner and mUSChamp!

Beamer will only win 2 games next year and the year after... It will take year 2025 just to win 5 games..

Maybe this is why Beamer was hired, and I don't know if Jamey Chadwell turned us down or if he was actually given an interview. After all he is the coach of Coastal Carolina and he had BYU to plan for along with two more games to get ready... Tanner may have thought Chadwell blew him off, because he had games to prepare for over a formal interview...

As someone put it on the board a few days ago.. "I don't mind seeing Beaver on Carolina's sideline"

Carolina Football is a dumpster fire, maybe that's why other high profile coaches wouldn't touch this job. Thank you Tanner and mUSChamp!

Beamer will only win 2 games next year and the year after... It will take year 2025 just to win 5 games..

Maybe this is why Beamer was hired, and I don't know if Jamey Chadwell turned us down or if he was actually given an interview. After all he is the coach of Coastal Carolina and he had BYU to plan for along with two more games to get ready... Tanner may have thought Chadwell blew him off, because he had games to prepare for over a formal interview...

As someone put it on the board a few days ago.. "I don't mind seeing Beaver on Carolina's sideline"
I’ll take that bet

I’ll take that bet

Which part?

Number of games until 2025 or having Beaver on the sidelines.

Marcus Lattimore, a voice for the program, pointed out that as a special teams coach, Beamer had to get a large group of players working together, touching most of the roster. Beamer made the stars and the end-of-the-bench guys want to do that dirty work.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/article247636505.html#storylink=cpy

All I can say is Welcome to Carolina... Now go hire some great coaches and no retreads... I think Bobo will stay on as OC, just my guess along with Connor Shaw, Rod Wilson Des Kitchens. The rest can go along with Strength coach.

No idea, too many unknowns. Tanner has now appointed 3 head coaches with losing records.

Shaw Elliott = 1-5
Will Muschamp = 28-30
Mike Bobo = 0-3

Tanner dropped a line in his press conference when firing Muschamp that he talked to a long time AD who he admires and holds in high regard who told him when hiring football coaches he only had a 50% sucess rate.

I think Tanner should get a better mentor.

Tanner is 0-3 and the Bobo call showed no improvement in his decision making.

I think he goes 0-4 at present but lets see the staff and the transfers in, and who stays.

200_d.gif

No idea, too many unknowns. Tanner has now appointed 3 head coaches with losing records.

Shaw Elliott = 1-5
Will Muschamp = 28-30
Mike Bobo = 0-3

Tanner dropped a line in his press conference when firing Muschamp that he talked to a long time AD who he admires and holds in high regard who told him when hiring football coaches he only had a 50% sucess rate.

I think Tanner should get a better mentor.

Tanner is 0-3 and the Bobo call showed no improvement in his decision making.

I think he goes 0-4 at present but lets see the staff and the transfers in, and who stays.

200_d.gif

Maybe he will run the team like a CEO?? That seems to be the route today...

Each year he is coach, let's say he makes it five years, what will his record be each year?

I predict you’re caught between pulling against your team for the sake of being right on a message board or you’ll have to admit those Oklahoma TE’s looked pretty good after all.

Ok OP, I will answer your question.
21.....Four wins.....22....four wins.....23.....7 wins......24......6 wins......25.....5 wins....
26....6 wins...27...8 wins and bowl win....28...5 wins.....29....9 wins

We will beat Clemson in 26 and 29. He will leave here for a similarly beleaguered Vir Tech team looking for anything to help.

No knock on Beamer. This is just the way it is here.

He will win 3 games next year and 5 the year after. He will gradually increase the win totals and get to 6-7 wins. That's his ceiling regardless of who he hires.

Reactions: Brace1
2021 6-6
2022 7-5
2023 6-6
2024 6-6
2025 8-4
I just dont think things will improve greatly anytime soon.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Which part?

Number of games until 2025 or having Beaver on the sidelines.

Marcus Lattimore, a voice for the program, pointed out that as a special teams coach, Beamer had to get a large group of players working together, touching most of the roster. Beamer made the stars and the end-of-the-bench guys want to do that dirty work.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/article247636505.html#storylink=cpy

All I can say is Welcome to Carolina... Now go hire some great coaches and no retreads... I think Bobo will stay on as OC, just my guess along with Connor Shaw, Rod Wilson Des Kitchens. The rest can go along with Strength coach.
If he keeps Bobo on as offensive coordinator then he’s already failed.

Reactions: Sensible Rooster
Hard to predict anything that far out.

but 2021 we have 4 "gimmies". Win 2 out of 3 against Ky, Miss, and Tenn and you got 6 wins. 6 wins should be the bar in the first season. IMO

Inverse question what would you need to see in those years for you to be satisfied?
I'm curious why people don't actually answer a question before trying to turn it around. Your question is fair, but why not answer the OP?

5 wins until 2025 I’ll bet however much money you want on that
I just saw this post. Sorry for getting distracted by your first.

Why do you feel as though the win total will be so low?

No clue

I base predictions on past performances and he literally has never been in charge Of an offense or defense much less than entire team

Here we have it boys, the quintessential Carolina fan. This is why we've never done jack squat. We have the dumbest fan base in the country.

Yeah but he’s realistic that’s about what to expect we arent in a state with talent like Florida or history like Alabama to recruit to

Yeah but he’s realistic that’s about what to expect we arent in a state with talent like Florida or history like Alabama to recruit to
Fans like this are the reason we don't have any history. Alabama has a similar population to South Carolina. Remember when Clemson fired Bowden? They demanded more than 7 wins a year. We would have never fired a coach with that record. That's who we just hired. That's really all they expect out of him.

My prediction is

2021: 4-8 or 5-7
2022: 6-6
2023: 5-7 or 6-6
2024: 7-5
2025: 7-5 or 8-4

The program is in really bad shape right now. If the culture can be fixed, then I think there's real hope for more success than I think we're going to have for a while.

One of the reasons I like Chadwell is because he seems to have a true "TEAM" attitude in his players. That's a big step in righting the ship. Beamer absolutely has a chance to create the same thing because of his personality type.

Reactions: 43cocks
He will win 3 games next year and 5 the year after. He will gradually increase the win totals and get to 6-7 wins. That's his ceiling regardless of who he hires.

This would be my vote. Maybe an occasional 8 win season.

And in 5 years, the debate will rage that he's done enough to not get fired or not.

Not sure of the records but I can’t imagine finishing higher than third in the east within the next five years and third is a stretch goal.

Depends on if Vandy or Tenn hire Chadwell, Napier or Freeze. If they both upgrade Coaches deduct 1 win per year starting in 2022. Going forward we will struggle to beat Kentucky and Missouri every year. Vandy is a win unless they hire one of the above. Tennessee we split most years. Georgia, Florida, Clemson and Texas A&M are losses 90% of the time.

2021: 4-8
2022: 7-5
2023: 5-7
2024: 4-8
2025: 3-9

Rinse and repeat.

Nobody on here knows what he'll do as a head coach, but I know our recruiting was a hell of a lot better when he was here, and so were our special teams. I think there's a good chance the offense will be less predictable. Good god, Dabo was 3 months out of being a real estate agent when he landed the job at Clemson. How does Beamer's resume stack up against Dabo's when he was hired?

Nobody on here knows what he'll do as a head coach, but I know our recruiting was a hell of a lot better when he was here, and so were our special teams. I think there's a good chance the offense will be less predictable. Good god, Dabo was 3 months out of being a real estate agent when he landed the job at Clemson. How does Beamer's resume stack up against Dabo's when he was hired?

Well Dabo had actually had a winning record when he was hired...and beat us in his first try...Beamer has no record at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT