ADVERTISEMENT

If you like Beamer let's hear your predictions

Dang, maybe we should ask each other what we consider "success" to be. I read some of these responses and I can't tell if y'all are happy with the Beamer hire or not.

For the record, "success" in my book right now means getting back to 10-win regular seasons like we experienced less than a decade ago. Since this thread was directed at those who like the Beamer hire, I'd be curious to know from y'all how many years you think it will take Beamer to get us there.

Muschamp spoiled me. I used to get mad when they were bad then I started laughing at em and now I probably will have 4 -5 more years of humorous Saturday’s

• Haha
Reactions: 43cocks
Well Dabo had actually had a winning record when he was hired...and beat us in his first try...Beamer has no record at all

He was 4-3. He beat us on his first try and lost the next 5, so if you hired him because he could beat us that criteria didn't look too good for a while. He followed that season with a 9-5 year, followed by a 6-7 year. So, I don't want to put words in your mouth but that hire made sense to you, but Shane Beamer is unacceptable because he doesn't have 4-3 record as a head coach somewhere. Dabo did have those years as an Asst. coach at Alabama during a period where Alabama went 24-23; he got canned and couldn't find an assistant's job for 2 years and went into real estate. Then went to Clemson as an assistant and helped guide Clemson into mediocrity. Tommy Bowden's contract saved Dabo's career.
If their athletic program hadn't been strapped, Dabo probably doesn't get the job. If hiring a big name had been an option for Clemson, Dabo would probably have been swept out when the new staff came in.

2021 - 4 wins
2022 - 5 wins
2023 - 5 wins
2024 - 7 wins
2025 - 6 wins
2026 - 4 wins

We will lose to Clemson 6 more times in a row. If Shane is a quick learner the win total might be higher, but for now I think his ceiling is 7 wins.

2021: 2 wins
2022: 2 wins
2023: 2 wins
2024: 1 win (looking for new coach)

Going off of the future schedules on fbschedules

2021: 6-6 but I see 8 winnable games with a well-coached team and depending on who the other West opponent is
2022: 8-4
2023: 7-5
2024: 8-4
2025: the world has probably ended by then
If we can get just two WRs to play like they're in scholly and we stay healthy, we have the talent to do better than that next year. I'm not calling for contention right away but I'm saying 8.

If we can get just two WRs to play like they're in scholly and we stay healthy, we have the talent to do better than that next year. I'm not calling for contention right away but I'm saying 8.

Talent to do better than 8 wins? Where is this talent you are seeing?

Reactions: cadcock
Talent to do better than 8 wins? Where is this talent you are seeing?
I didn't see the "potential for 8" bit. But we have a true freshman QB who's pretty good, an OL that is underachieving, but definitely has talent from how they paved the way for a 1000yd rusher, said 1000 yd rusher, Ernest Jones, young talent on the DL that will grow and play well, and a 5 star running back that everyone in the team said was head and shoulders above said 1000 yd rusher, who lead the SEC. Or are you just dwelling on how the offense performed after the midpoint when they obviously lost confidence due to a dead passing game and a defense that finished with only 2 starters playing? We have talent, that wasn't used well or kept healthy.

I didn't see the "potential for 8" bit. But we have a true freshman QB who's pretty good, an OL that is underachieving, but definitely has talent from how they paved the way for a 1000yd rusher, said 1000 yd rusher, Ernest Jones, young talent on the DL that will grow and play well, and a 5 star running back that everyone in the team said was head and shoulders above said 1000 yd rusher, who lead the SEC. Or are you just dwelling on how the offense performed after the midpoint when they obviously lost confidence due to a dead passing game and a defense that finished with only 2 starters playing? We have talent, that wasn't used well or kept healthy.

I just didn't see the same things you did. I didn't see a pretty good freshman QB (he had twice as many turnovers as td's and a QBR 51). I saw a line that could run block but was horrible against a decent pass rush. I saw 1 elite rb and one good rb. I saw one of the worst defenses in the nation and the secondary is only going to be worse. The D line ranked 108th in sacks per game, 97th in rush defense, where are you seeing this young talent? I'm not saying some of these kids won't get better.... I'm just a realist, we don't have the talent returning to be competing for the East anytime soon.

Reactions: cadcock
This is without a doubt the 2nd worst program in the Conference at the present. Going to have a recruiting class out of the top 40 this year so the gap will not change. Going to have a HC with 0 experience playing in the toughest Conference in football. Next year 2-3 wins.

I just didn't see the same things you did. I didn't see a pretty good freshman QB (he had twice as many turnovers as td's and a QBR 51). I saw a line that could run block but was horrible against a decent pass rush. I saw 1 elite rb and one good rb. I saw one of the worst defenses in the nation and the secondary is only going to be worse. The D line ranked 108th in sacks per game, 97th in rush defense, where are you seeing this young talent? I'm not saying some of these kids won't get better.... I'm just a realist, we don't have the talent returning to be competing for the East anytime soon.
Shaw threw back to back interceptions against Auburn as a true freshman, and they did win the natty but that defense was bad. Doty also went 18 of 22 against UGA with no help from the OL and WR. I also saw two RBs who averaged over 5 yards a carry, one of which lead the SEC, DL that will be able to ball when they're experienced, typical of DL, they don't show out when they're green, and a team that kept in striking distance of florida when they were healthy and the OL was playing tighter, without a passing game.

[/[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Do you honestly think that was Beamer? Or was it maybe that players like signing on with coaching legends (look at UNC)?
I think the results speak for themselves. After he left our recruiting took a slide. Spurrier was still here. Most people are mystified by it.

You sure about that?

Class of 2004 - #35
Class of 2005 - #23 (Spurrier's first class)
Class of 2006 - #24
Class of 2007 - #6
Class of 2008 - #22 (Beamer's first class)
Class of 2009 - #12
Class of 2010 - #24
Class of 2011 - #18 (Beamer leaves)
Class of 2012 - #19
Class of 2013 - #16
Class of 2014 - #16
Class of 2015 - #19 (Spurrier leaves)
Class of 2016 - #26

Outside of 2007, the recruiting class before Beamer, the recruiting under Spurrier was extremely consistent. 9 of his 11 classes were ranked within 5 of the average. There was no drop off when Beamer left (and Beamer's average class was 1 below SOS's overall average). The recruiting improved when Spurrier became coach and dropped off when he quit.

Some of those classes were ranked high because of some 4 stars that never panned out. I won't bore you with all of the busts, but... 2012 Shaq Roland, Brock Stadnik, Kwinton Smith, Kaiwan Lewis, Jody Fuller and Darius English who had some good games, but not many.
2013 Kelsey Griffin, David Williams, D.J. Park, Connor Mitch, and Na'Ty Rodgers.
These people were the reason for the high rankings. I can do that with every year after 2011, in spite of what their rankings were.
The short time Lou Holtz was here he had 2 top 10 classes.

The important thing is some former players want him. He wants to be here, and we all feel wonderful. That's what matters most. Wins are overrated anyway. Do the math. Everybody cant win, somebody has to lose. We will just be satisfied to get whatever wins that may come our way. Spurrier won lots of games here, but I never felt like he really loved us. So I just accepted the wins with a grain of salt. Ray is the best. He got a coach that so many other schools were after. I thought it was just luck when Ray got Muschamp, but now I understand Ray knows what he is doing. I love this hire, because Shane has always loved USC. That is the most important thing.

You sure about that?

Class of 2004 - #35
Class of 2005 - #23 (Spurrier's first class)
Class of 2006 - #24
Class of 2007 - #6
Class of 2008 - #22 (Beamer's first class)
Class of 2009 - #12
Class of 2010 - #24
Class of 2011 - #18 (Beamer leaves)
Class of 2012 - #19
Class of 2013 - #16
Class of 2014 - #16
Class of 2015 - #19 (Spurrier leaves)
Class of 2016 - #26

Outside of 2007, the recruiting class before Beamer, the recruiting under Spurrier was extremely consistent. 9 of his 11 classes were ranked within 5 of the average. There was no drop off when Beamer left (and Beamer's average class was 1 below SOS's overall average). The recruiting improved when Spurrier became coach and dropped off when he quit.
So we are going by rankings or results? Evaluation is a huge part of recruiting not just signing the guys with the prettiest stars

Your question is impossible to answer with any degree of certainty. This year, more than any other, should teach us that nobody has a crystal ball. Factors that can change everything are schedule, injuries, pandemics, etc. Not excuses, just uncertainties. If I could answer your question, I'd use my awesome abilities to make a fortune in the stock market. I would have been happy with Beamer or Chadwell and my prediction is that Beamer will have a better a progressively better program each year he is here. Hopefully, SEC championship competitive by year 3.

He said the recruiting went down. According to rankings, it did not. Results can come from many factors. Development is more important. Spurrier checked out shortly after Beamer left.
A big part of being A recruiting coordinator is evaluation, I see what you are saying but it’s not genuine to say recruiting didn’t go down.
Connor Shaw and Thompson vs Mcillwain and Mitch

I'm no fan of this hire, but I'm onboard. First, I think if he keeps Bobo, we're looking at .500 ball.

I say no one has a clue about wins/losses until we know how well he can recruit on his own, so-to-speak. USC has picked up a marginal amount of talent over the past four years, and failed to coach up those lacking certain skill-sets. Muschamp was recruiting ACC (minus Taters) level talent, and it showed.

My 23 yr old convinced me that Beamer is a new breed and he's going to recruit at a high level. He thought the days of tolerating smack-talking talent-less thugs to play was over. I still think it's about the talent, and we don't have anything to sell the talent, except facilities and a first time head coach. While I'm not holding my breath for miracles, I do believe something especially good will come from this questionable hire. Go Cocks!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT