ADVERTISEMENT

IF YOU WERE A CLEMSON FAN...

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
If you were a Clemson fan, would their weak schedule, which is no fault of their own, affect your trash talking if you are a trash talker?
Just asking cause I really haven't heard as much from the friends I have who are Clemson fans. They seen much more subdued this year to me.

As much s as it pains me, I don’t think it would stop me (if I was a junk taker). That schedule has helped them stay healthy, and for the most part they have held their own against the top tier teams.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
No, I would be oblivious to anything not great about Clemson, and continue to ramble about how wonderful we are. If someone disagrees they must be a coot. I am full of orange Kool-aid and New Springs propaganda and Diablo is the second coming. I personally saw him walk on water because of what was in the Kool-aid that I and all of my cult members drank.

If you were a Clemson fan, would their weak schedule, which is no fault of their own, affect your trash talking if you are a trash talker?
Just asking cause I really haven't heard as much from the friends I have who are Clemson fans. They seen much more subdued this year to me.
Our QBs performance is the reason for less chatter. I still expect us to win our conference but we know what a CFP quarterback looks like and right now ours looks to be at least a year away. Doesn’t move through his progressions, stares down his receiver, poor pocket presence etc. Hope I’m wrong.

Our QBs performance is the reason for less chatter. I still expect us to win our conference but we know what a CFP quarterback looks like and right now ours looks to be at least a year away. Doesn’t move through his progressions, stares down his receiver, poor pocket presence etc. Hope I’m wrong.
When's the next 'challenge' you are expecting to show how good Clempson is this year?
@NC State? @Pitts?

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
When's the next 'challenge' you are expecting to show how good Clempson is this year?
@NC State? @Pitts?
Both of those are the ones I have circled. Nancy State because they hate us and we hate them so much. They did lose 2 key defenders for the year though. I suspect it will be close and then we simply wear them down. The one I can see us being really challenged is Pitt. They will be jacked for that matchup. If we aren’t ready they will beat us.

they are looking at 2 more losses this year. Pitt and BC.

The Clemson fans are very aware that they've lost their last 3 big games. Their weak strength of schedule was rendered totally moot when they were winning playoff games and trouncing Bama to win titles. Now that they've badly lost their last 2 playoff games and last 3 games overall against top opponents, they're a bit more subdued. If they squeak into the playoffs this year and win a first round game, they'll be worked up again.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Your QB did Win last weeks ' Best Dressed Pimp ' award . Going away they said....

Both of those are the ones I have circled. Nancy State because they hate us and we hate them so much. They did lose 2 key defenders for the year though. I suspect it will be close and then we simply wear them down. The one I can see us being really challenged is Pitt. They will be jacked for that matchup. If we aren’t ready they will beat us.
Nancy State ? LMAO ! That might be the only game I pull for the taters in. Nancy’s fans are twice as bad as the taters or leghumpers.

I’m being 100% honest when I say I’m certain if I were a Tiger, I’d still feel the same about Taternet as I do now. Almost cultish. Just not my scene

Reactions: cockymom2boys
If I were a CU fan, I’d be more worried about the OL than a pedestrian QB. I’d also be praying that Jeff Scott gets fired sooner than later at USF. His departure coincides with the slight dip in recruiting, which makes a lot of difference when you play in big games.

Reactions: chief2791
The Clemson fans are very aware that they've lost their last 3 big games. Their weak strength of schedule was rendered totally moot when they were winning playoff games and trouncing Bama to win titles. Now that they've badly lost their last 2 playoff games and last 3 games overall against top opponents, they're a bit more subdued. If they squeak into the playoffs this year and win a first round game, they'll be worked up again.

Losing to UGA 10-3 sucks. Saw a stat today that said there are only 2 defenses that haven't given up a TD so far, Clemson and UGA. In fact both of those teams offenses have given up more points than their defenses. The loss sucked yeah but it was 2 top tier teams in week 1.

Last year, it felt like we were living on borrowed time all year. Covid issues, injuries, not always solid on D and Ohio State exposed that. Congratulations to them, we have done it to plenty of other teams ourselves.

LSU the year before was an all time team. The disappointment there comes from being up 10, it was Lawrences worst game and we abandoned the run. No reason to sulk about that one though.

So to answer your question, no I do not think it stops trash talking. Clemson is still a dominant team. Maybe you do not trash talk UGA (because they beat you) or BAMA (look like a runaway train) right now but every one else should still be fair game.

Reactions: redrogers
If I were a hotdog I would eat myself.
25710461.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: caughtlookin
BC lost their QB for the year I believe. Before that I would have agreed.
How bad does DJ have to play before he needs to pay back Dr Pepper? Jk, why is your OL so bad when they go up against your DL in practice and we're all highly rated recruits, have y'all had concern about that in the fan base before UGA and do you blame Elliott or the OL coach?

It wouldn’t surprise me if you see another player in those Dr Pepper commercials real soon. I have a feeling companies aren’t going to find out there’s minimal ROI on 99.999% of these college deals.
Our O-line has been suspect for a while. We’ve had a few good guys but it seems we’ve lagged behind in recruiting in that area. I actually blame out scheme. Kids that want to go to the NFL tend to go to schools with offenses that can prepare them for NFL schemes. Ours doesn’t. Regarding this current group, I’ve heard that we’ve had to let the Oline get reps against the second team because the first team D line just manhandles them.

Losing to UGA 10-3 sucks. Saw a stat today that said there are only 2 defenses that haven't given up a TD so far, Clemson and UGA. In fact both of those teams offenses have given up more points than their defenses. The loss sucked yeah but it was 2 top tier teams in week 1.

Last year, it felt like we were living on borrowed time all year. Covid issues, injuries, not always solid on D and Ohio State exposed that. Congratulations to them, we have done it to plenty of other teams ourselves.

LSU the year before was an all time team. The disappointment there comes from being up 10, it was Lawrences worst game and we abandoned the run. No reason to sulk about that one though.

So to answer your question, no I do not think it stops trash talking. Clemson is still a dominant team. Maybe you do not trash talk UGA (because they beat you) or BAMA (look like a runaway train) right now but every one else should still be fair game.
It was a matter of time for LSU to lose that once they got out of the shadow of their goal line and realized if they called quicker developing pass plays y'all couldn't stop it. The reason your coaching staff abandoned the run is the same reason it was Lawrence's worse game and it's the same reason Aranda is the coach of Baylor, his defense was really good. LSU was one of the best teams ever that year, can't blame that on a gameplan.

It was a matter of time for LSU to lose that once they got out of the shadow of their goal line and realized if they called quicker developing pass plays y'all couldn't stop it. The reason your coaching staff abandoned the run is the same reason it was Lawrence's worse game and it's the same reason Aranda is the coach of Baylor, his defense was really good. LSU was one of the best teams ever that year, can't blame that on a gameplan.
Can't blame it only on the game plan but when you give it to a top 5 back 15 times for 78 yards for a 5.2 average, I would venture to say I would like to see him featured a little more especially when LSU started to make a run......Elliot even said he made a mistake by not running it more. Which has been his M.O. in big game losses..... but I did say "LSU was an all time team," so I did give them credit too.

I could never be a ClemSux Fan. I was Born and Bred to be a Diehard Gamecock regardless of status of play. I actually feel just as good when ClemSux loses to anyone as i do when the Gamecocks beat whoever! (Real Talk)

Several of my Clemson friends rarely make it a priority to watch their games during the regular season because their schedule and conference is such a joke.

Reactions: TAV31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT