ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing clemson is gonna go after Monte Lee hard

Clemson does support their baseball program more so than Florida. I don't think CU can come off the hip to hire him though. On another note, I think Holbrook needs to be more of a disciplinarian with the team, like Tanner was. Do not allow facial hair for one.

LMAO. Facial hair has WHAT to do with winning in baseball? Hell if it did than FACIAL HAIR WON a World Series title for the Red Sox in 2013. FEAR THE BEARD. Hahaha. That's hilarious.

What's funny is the Red Sox haved sucked since getting rid of the beard trend for two seasons in a row now. Finished last in their division in 2014 and are currently sitting last in their division now. I think beards are a good thing. Real men wear beards :)

LMAO. Facial hair has WHAT to do with winning in baseball? Hell if it did than FACIAL HAIR WON a World Series title for the Red Sox in 2013. FEAR THE BEARD. Hahaha. That's hilarious.
Tanner had discipline and team unity. I think it helps if a team has these kind of guidelines. JMHO. NY Yankees since the 1970's have had a policy on no facial hair and have won 7 WS since that time.

Clemson does support their baseball program more so than Florida. I don't think CU can come off the hip to hire him though. On another note, I think Holbrook needs to be more of a disciplinarian with the team, like Tanner was. Do not allow facial hair for one.

He needs to be more active during an actual game. You knew Tanner was involved. He could easily be heard from the dugout. He'd go talk to batters in the middle of an at bat.

Holbrook is on the verge of going to sleep during games.

Reactions: gamecock ed
As I said earlier, O'Sullivan would be crazy to leave UF and basically have to rebuild a program at Clemson. UF started off slow this season because they have young talent but they are starting to shine now (they put up like 40 runs on us in the 3 games). They will probably be even better next year. Don't get me wrong as I hate UF but they are good enough to win the CWS this year. Why would you leave that situation? Plus UF could outbid Clemson if it came down to that.

Last edited:
Citadel87, maybe you ought to go back and look at the media guides for 2010, 2011 and 2012 CWS teams coached by Tanner. Seem to be all lot of players with facial hair, so maybe Tanner wasn't quote as strict as you thought. Facial hair has nothing to with how the team plays.

Yeah, Tanner got loose with the facial hair rule years back and the dugout theatrics too. It paid off because our team played loose and cool under pressure as a result. Leggett still implements the strict rules policies like no facial hair and look where that has gotten him.

He needs to be more active during an actual game. You knew Tanner was involved. He could easily be heard from the dugout. He'd go talk to batters in the middle of an at bat.

Holbrook is on the verge of going to sleep during games.
I I used to love to hear what Tanner would shout from the dugout. Damn I miss him!

I know Florida fans are not up to par with supporting their baseball team like other SEC schools like say USC, LSU, Arkansas etc....but I don't see him leaving Florida for clemson unless they throw a lot of money at him, which from what I've heard they don't have. His wife might have a lot of say in the matter though.

FL doesn't have money! LOL!!!! FL's athletic dept. generates a ton of $ every year. They have plenty of $ to throw at whoever they want. As far as revenues generated go, FL is in the top 5 in the country.

FL doesn't have money! LOL!!!! FL's athletic dept. generates a ton of $ every year. They have plenty of $ to throw at whoever they want. As far as revenues generated go, FL is in the top 5 in the country.

I think he was referring the Clemson does not have the money to throw away.

I was referring to clemson's AD......

Leaving a Florida team that will be in contention for the CWS for several years with the talent they currently have. Whatever. Let me guess. Corbin will leave Vandy to be his assistant too.

Florida had less than 2000 people at their regional. They don't care about baseball there. That plus the fact that they have not made upgrades O'Sullivan was promised will have him listening to Clemson.

Martin is 15-41 in SEC games. Remarkable "progress."

What is remarkable is that he has made the progress he has with what he had when he got it.....What he had at that time was an ARENA to play in and that was it.......

I have no issues with the progress we are making in Men's Basketball.....

I am hearing from a high school coach that Jim Schloshnagel is going to get a hard look from Clemson. His BIO indicates that he is pretty happy there and just got an extension through 2021, I believe. Just passing this along.
I was thinking he was waiting for Augie Garrido to retire.

I wonder if Clemson would go after Maryland's coach?

Teddy said Randy Maisey and Dave Perno were at the top of the list this am!

Florida had less than 2000 people at their regional. They don't care about baseball there. That plus the fact that they have not made upgrades O'Sullivan was promised will have him listening to Clemson.

NCSU did not give RT the desired support; ergo, he bolted for Columbia when McGee came calling. Of course, it took USC a dozen years to build a new stadium.

If O'Sullivan becomes sufficiently dissatisfied the with the amount of support from the UF administration, perhaps he will leave for another program. However, I can't see him taking over for a fired former boss.

My gut tells me that Szefc stays at Maryland. Now with extra $$$ from the B10, maybe UM will give him more support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT