ADVERTISEMENT

I'm sure that Alex Murdaugh is not a flight risk

I think powerful instead of prominent might be the correct term.They are so well connected in the legal community that when the boat crash occurred they had to go all the way to Horry county to find a judge that didn't recuse themselves.Read the 2002 Forbes article to see how the law firm and family got so powerful.

WTF? He took out a $4M policy on his housekeeper? How the heck did the insurance company not investigate this? That should've raised red flags all over the place.
I just read that his homeowners insurance was through several companies including Lloyds of London. There's a reason the general public places lawyers below used car salesmen.

I just read that his homeowners insurance was through several companies including Lloyds of London. There's a reason the general public places lawyers below used car salesmen.
WADR, but I do believe we've reached the point in this case where no longer does anything surprise anyone.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yeah, he's out on bail WITHOUT gps monitoring. It's become a big story even out here in Texas.
He’s not walking the streets, he’s at a drug rehab facility. If he leaves it’s an immediate bench warrant. He’s basically in jail. I don’t understand the uproar. You have to separate the rumors vs facts. Right now he’s charged with a crime that has a max of 10 years. Prepare yourself because if convicted, he likely only gets probation. As anyone with a clean record.

Last edited:
He’s not walking the streets, he’s at a drug rehab facility. If he leaves it’s an immediate bench warrant. He’s basically in jail. I don’t understand the uproar. You have to separate the rumors vs facts. Right now he’s charged with a crime that has a max of 10 years. Prepare yourself because if convicted he likely on gets probation as most with a clean record would get that hired a lawyer.
How many times did Robert Downey Jr escape a rehab facility? I know it was at least twice. Bench warrant. Got to find him first.

I don’t understand the uproar.
If you were the mother of Stephen Smith, the son of Gloria Satterfield, the father of Mallory Beach or even the sister of Maggie Murdaugh and aunt of Paul Murdaugh and even despite his flaws, then I do believe you might could understand.

WADR of course.

Point is if it wasn’t him the result would be the same as it should be. Yes this is a high profile case due to the media but that shouldn’t affect the courts decision. Lady justice is blind for a reason.
Maybe. I thought the bail was low even if it wasn't him. I think he knows what he's guilty of even if he hasn't been charged for those yet. He knows he's looking at WAY MORE then 10 years.

I believe the TV hucksters who advertise their services have more to do with our public perception....at least I hope so.
Hope if you like. TV advertising still seems like a recent development to me. I remember when they weren't allowed to advertise. They were called ambulance chasers. The sense of sleaze goes back as far as Shakespeare as far as I know.

Reactions: Gaimcock
If you were the mother of Stephen Smith, the son of Gloria Satterfield, the father of Mallory Beach or even the sister of Maggie Murdaugh and aunt of Paul Murdaugh and even despite his flaws, then I do believe you might could understand.

WADR of course.

I would want facts not media and internet gossip. Show me the facts.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Why did he become addicted to pain pills? Was he taking them for an injury or something? Bad back? It’s kind of unusual to get addicted to them if you were not taking them for some reason.

I would want facts not media and internet gossip. Show me the facts.
So in your opinion, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Beach, both the maid's sons' as-well-as Mrs. Murdaugh's sister and Paul's aunt only have factual information from what they've read, watched and/or heard on the internet, radio, television news and the newspaper, both local and nationally?? No direct nor insider info from all of their various perspectives huh??

Ooohh Kaaayy!! Look, I concede your point as-far-as those of us on the outside, but question such (i.e., your point) in regards to those on the inside!!

Either way, this is a Major Cluster F_ck for all those "insiders" down there (i.e., yonder for all you country folk!!) fight now, and certainly for the foreseeable future!#

WTF? He took out a $4M policy on his housekeeper? How the heck did the insurance company not investigate this? That should've raised red flags all over the place.
And speaking of insurance money..... I've wondered if there was an insurance claim involved with his wife and son's deaths. Surely, it has been looked into, but I have not seen where anyone has addressed this. Anyone know?
I was wondering if he may have paid someone to kill them for the insurance money.

Reactions: Gaimcock
They are very well known here in the lowcountry, definitely big Gamecock supporters. I’ve seen them at plenty of football games and actually saw Alex his wife and son Paul together at a Carolina baseball game two days before they were shot.
Paul was a junior at USC and his mom was a USC graduate.

Last edited:
I believe the TV hucksters who advertise their services have more to do with our public perception....at least I hope so.
And PLEASE don't take this reply here as advertisement for FITSNews, but I just had to post this one with the first post of yours that I could find Rogue! This from fits and in regards to the "Personal Drug Dealer" Gentleman named Curtis Edward "Eddie" Smith...

Meanwhile, Smith is now claiming Murdaugh attempted to frame him.

“I was set up to be the fall guy,” he told Dana Kennedy of The New York Post. “And those damn pictures of me in the newspaper! I was looking at them this morning. They didn’t let me take a damn shower!”

Kennedy’s story referred to Smith as a “hillbilly hitman

I merely posted this simply 'cause it kinda backs my belief that the "Eddie" blame from Alex Murdaugh is simply what it is: Total Bull Sh_t!!!

Anyway, here's link to the latest Fits article. You think Murdaugh is being totally honest about "Eddie's" involvement?? I do not!!

Your (and everyone else's) thoughts appreciated!! And FTR, this is all Pre-Game BS from yours truly here FWIW!!!

And PLEASE don't take this reply here as advertisement for FITSNews, but I just had to post this one with the first post of yours that I could find Rogue! This from fits and in regards to the "Personal Drug Dealer" Gentleman named Curtis Edward "Eddie" Smith...

Meanwhile, Smith is now claiming Murdaugh attempted to frame him.

“I was set up to be the fall guy,” he told Dana Kennedy of The New York Post. “And those damn pictures of me in the newspaper! I was looking at them this morning. They didn’t let me take a damn shower!”

Kennedy’s story referred to Smith as a “hillbilly hitman

I merely posted this simply 'cause it kinda backs my belief that the "Eddie" blame from Alex Murdaugh is simply what it is: Total Bull Sh_t!!!

Anyway, here's link to the latest Fits article. You think Murdaugh is being totally honest about "Eddie's" involvement?? I do not!!

Your (and everyone else's) thoughts appreciated!! And FTR, this is all Pre-Game BS from yours truly here FWIW!!!

One more reference to Eddie Smith here. And just for the record, all this seems to be unfolding just as quite a few of us expected it would.

Of course that being the one(s) that Alex Murdaugh has pointed at as having illegally taken full advantage of his addicted mentality!!

Here's a full interview from Eddie Smith from The New York Post:

Accused Alex Murdaugh shooter Curtis Smith says he was set up by prominent lawyer

As I mentioned previously within another thread, the finger pointing and accusations are all being loaded up and prepped to be fired at will! Hope y'all ready for the show!!

Why did he become addicted to pain pills? Was he taking them for an injury or something? Bad back? It’s kind of unusual to get addicted to them if you were not taking them for some reason.
Definitely is not unusual. Someone can make a complaint to a "friend" about anything and they say "here, this will make you feel better." and that's all it takes.

Unfortunately I have way too much experience regarding addiction. Seen it ruin or kill lots of people I know... Almost happened to me.

Last edited:
Definitely is not unusual. Someone can make a complaint to a "friend" about anything and they say "here, this will make you feel better." and that's all it takes.

Unfortunately I have way too much experience regarding addiction. Seen it ruin or kill lots of people I know, as well as myself.
I have had a few surgeries this year. This Oxy kills the pain but it is not a feeling I really like. I cannot imagine taking this stuff for no reason?

Reactions: vacock#
I have had a few surgeries this year. This Oxy kills the pain but it is not a feeling I really like. I cannot imagine taking this stuff for no reason?
Pills was never my vice, never did anything for me. But I've seen people do unimaginable things for opiates. Know a house from my old neighborhood that 5 people died in throughout the span of a year, shooting up pills. 😢

New twist in the Murdaugh Saga:

"McCulloch says the Murdaughs used a “whisper campaign” throughout Hampton County, “law enforcement misdirection,” and “possible obstruction” to place blame on Cook. However, Cook wanted to tell law enforcement that Paul Murdaugh, 19 at the time, was the driver when the crash that killed Mallory Beach happened."

Last edited:
New twist in the Murdaugh Sage:

"McCulloch says the Murdaughs used a “whisper campaign” throughout Hampton County, “law enforcement misdirection,” and “possible obstruction” to place blame on Cook. However, Cook wanted to tell law enforcement that Paul Murdaugh, 19 at the time, was the driver when the crash that killed Mallory Beach happened."

Yeah, and things are continuing to fall apart for Murdaugh...

Murdaugh Murders: $6 Million Insurance Coverage Denied In Boat Crash Lawsuit, Judge Rules

This entire collection of various occurrences is turning onto an anthology of tragedies that is actually a single multi generational family saga of greed, theft and dishonesty all capitalized with several deaths. We're only awaiting the proven murder part(s) at this point.

Something tells me this is no doubt an issue of several snowballs all rolling down the same hill (in this case, a Mt. Everest type hill) that are just about to all combine into one before finally crashing at the bottom of said mountain, reeking travesty and havoc amongst all involved.

WADR of course.
What’s “WADR” mean?

Reactions: TAV31
Yeah, and things are continuing to fall apart for Murdaugh...

Murdaugh Murders: $6 Million Insurance Coverage Denied In Boat Crash Lawsuit, Judge Rules

This entire collection of various occurrences is turning onto an anthology of tragedies that is actually a single multi generational family saga of greed, theft and dishonesty all capitalized with several deaths. We're only awaiting the proven murder part(s) at this point.

Something tells me this is no doubt an issue of several snowballs all rolling down the same hill (in this case, a Mt. Everest type hill) that are just about to all combine into one before finally crashing at the bottom of said mountain, reeking travesty and havoc amongst all involved.
And here's step 2 of apparently quite a few more to come...

Murdaugh Murders: How Alex Murdaugh Allegedly Took Millions From His Dead Housekeeper’s Family

From the above Fitsnews article...

The recent released documents raise major concerns about Alex Murdaugh, the only defendant listed in the settlement; Cory Fleming, Murdaugh’s best friend and Satterfield’s sons’ attorney; Chad Westendorf, the banker named as a representative of Satterfield’s estate; and Carmen Mullen, the judge who signed the $4.3 million secret settlement.

And word down in the "low country" is this is only the beginning. But Lord have mercy, there are two judges involved in this insurance scam!!

Folks, this is only the beginning. How deep, or rather how high, that's where things may involve many, many others.

New twist in the Murdaugh Saga:

Rogue,

Not related to this post, but Fits has another article up (see here) that addresses even "more to come" as far as who all is involved or included within the "Murdaugh Mafia".

Also mentioned within that article is the "ominous email"...

That report specifically referenced an “ominous email” that was (and still is) making its way through South Carolina legal circles.

My inquiry here to you is of the "ominous email"!! I mean with you being a part of the "South Carolina legal circles", surely you could give us a lil' more ensight into said email!! Curious minds want to know!!! LOLOLOL!!! =;-p

Thanx in advance Roguester!!! (*£Θ)

Reactions: chief2791
Rogue,

Not related to this post, but Fits has another article up (see here) that addresses even "more to come" as far as who all is involved or included within the "Murdaugh Mafia".

Also mentioned within that article is the "ominous email"...

That report specifically referenced an “ominous email” that was (and still is) making its way through South Carolina legal circles.

My inquiry here to you is of the "ominous email"!! I mean with you being a part of the "South Carolina legal circles", surely you could give us a lil' more ensight into said email!! Curious minds want to know!!! LOLOLOL!!! =;-p

Thanx in advance Roguester!!! (*£Θ)
Interesting article. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't received any such email. If it was sent en masse, it may have hit my junk mail. I'll have to check that later. Would love to see what it says though.

I'm not sure those receiving said email are to be considered "fortunate".
Hopefully @rogue cock is not on the distribution list.

Madam my use of the term "fortunate" was in No Way in reference to he potentially being an intended recipient!! Rather 'twas merely in reference to Counselor Rogue's very own use of it here...
Would love to see what it says though.

FTR, that above reference/copy is of the very last sentence of his reply to my inquiry which is the 71st post within this thread!

WADR Madam,

Gaim

Madam my use of the term "fortunate" was in No Way in reference to he potentially being an intended recipient!! Rather 'twas merely in reference to Counselor Rogue's very own use of it here...

FTR, that above reference/copy is of the very last sentence of his reply to my inquiry which is the 71st post within this thread!

WADR Madam,

Gaim
I believe she was merely indicating her concern for rogue cock.

Who would believe anything that comes from an “anonymous” email. Most on here simply want to internet gossip. Still waiting on facts as to how Alex was involved in any murders or attempted murders except his own.

I believe she was merely indicating her concern for rogue cock.
Yeah, prolly so. But you know how it is when you're aggravatingly driving real slow in traffic on an interstate running through right at the downtown part of Charlotte!! Reflexes just kinda unknowingly take over!!

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
Nothing in my spam mail. Not surprised though. While I know a few lawyers who do, I don't travel in those circles.
Well, I'm not even close to being a lawyer, not even by profession (you know, selling legal pads and stuff) nor relationship (my exBFH is still a HR person for one), so I truly have no idea if the following from Fitsnews is a big deal; hence that very question is to you (i.e., is this a biggy)???...

Murdaugh Murders Saga: South Carolina Chief Justice Taps Veteran Judge To Oversee High-Profile Case

From that article: According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, the court has chosen veteran S.C. circuit court judge Clifton Newman to preside over any initial Murdaugh-related proceedings.

In my 54 years, I personally don't even recall anything remotely close to this actually happening here in South Carolina. I wonder if they're takin' notes of all this over at brand new Law School over on the corner of Gervais and Bull St????

(*£Θ)

Last edited:
Well, I'm not even close to being a lawyer, not even by profession (you know, selling legal pads and stuff) nor relationship (my exBFH is still a HR person for one), so I truly have no idea if the following from Fitsnews is a big deal; hence that very question is to you (i.e., is this a biggy)???...

Murdaugh Murders Saga: South Carolina Chief Justice Taps Veteran Judge To Oversee High-Profile Case

From that article: According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, the court has chosen veteran S.C. circuit court judge Clifton Newman to preside over any initial Murdaugh-related proceedings.

In my 54 years, I personally don't even recall anything remotely close to this actually happening here in South Carolina. I wonder if they're takin' notes of all this over at brand new Law School over on the corner of Gervais and Bull St????

(*£Θ)
Can remember a couple of times a retired judge has been brought in to handle a case, but its pretty rare. Sounds like they are trying to find someone that has no relationship with anyone possibly involved with any of the Murdaughs or any of their current or past issues or in areas those involved my have practiced. For example, the judge mentioned in the prior article not only has ties to the lowcountry, but to Greenville also.

And here's step 2 of apparently quite a few more to come...

Murdaugh Murders: How Alex Murdaugh Allegedly Took Millions From His Dead Housekeeper’s Family

From the above Fitsnews article...

The recent released documents raise major concerns about Alex Murdaugh, the only defendant listed in the settlement; Cory Fleming, Murdaugh’s best friend and Satterfield’s sons’ attorney; Chad Westendorf, the banker named as a representative of Satterfield’s estate; and Carmen Mullen, the judge who signed the $4.3 million secret settlement.

And word down in the "low country" is this is only the beginning. But Lord have mercy, there are two judges involved in this insurance scam!!

Folks, this is only the beginning. How deep, or rather how high, that's where things may involve many, many others.
Hoping people on the board can help me understand this:

Let’s just assume for a moment all of the issues with documentation and procedure for the settlement were standard (ie the insurance co’s hired counsel not named murdaugh, they fought to get the settlement down, and then checked documents re the case to make sure everything was valid, and the judge signed on something that made sense). I don’t really want to get into all of that.

Hiring Fleming and paying him 1/3 of the settlement money to sue his best friend and college roommate is definitely screwed up, and the satterfield kids were probably preyed upon to make sure Fleming got the case. But I don’t really want to get into that either.

Its the operations of the distribution of funds I’m more interested in, because it can result in a ton of financial liabilities for Alex murdaugh, which can lead to both AM having to embezzle from his own firm and also motive for someone to murder his wife and son. Just take this settlement as one example, and then think of it happening with every AM handled settlement, not just on the defense side but also on the plaintiff’s side. The key is having control of the settlement payout and the “creation” of the structured settlement. AM directed the settlement money to be deposited to an account he could control, but I think the satterfield kids were promised payment out of another account setup by the banker, under the assumption that some financial engineering took place behind the scenes and it was over their heads but that it all made sense to people smarter than them. In reality, the financial engineering and payment promise is all vapor. The kids are still expecting money they’re promised, and as long as they’re getting paid it doesn’t matter if it’s a legit structured settlement or not. It’s a Ponzi scheme, to keep it up, AM just has to have enough money to pay out the settlement annuity, but whether or not there’s enough funds in the account doesn’t matter because it doesn’t have to be verified because there’s no legal agreement to pay. Even if they setup a real structured settlement, as long as AM can take checks from the “Forge” account, and direct settlement payouts there, he can still run the scheme. Let’s say there are three cases back to back to back, and they payout $1m apiece. The settlement offers some type of annuity or payment (idk if there’s an interest rate or not) over the course of years, which actually gets paid. All the while, AM is drawing cash out of the account to pay for anything he wants, how long before the liabilities start piling up and the account gets upside down? Who and how do you choose not to pay? Do you have to start taking money out of your own account and depositing it in the one used for collateral for the real structured settlements? So you start stealing from the firm to cover the cash outflows. There are too many possible scenarios for that scheme to go wrong and piss off the wrong people, and murdaugh’s firm sued a lot of people and promised a lot of settlements. The jig was up. Idk if this is what actually happened, or if it’s even practical with the hoops you’d have to jump through, but that’s the way I understand it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT