ADVERTISEMENT

I'm thinking we magically jump to 25th

budman1976

May 10, 2005
Chapin, SC
Since ESPN controls everything sports now including the polls, Im thinking we jump to 25 to suit their made for tv game Saturday since it's all about the $$$ for then. Two top 25 teams in Columbia.
Now I can't find this but if this happens, what is the series record when Both teams come in ranked?

Reactions: uscdoug
I wouldn't be surprised if we cracked the top 25 this week. I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. There aren't many 8 win power 5 teams left outside the top 25.

Think the OP has sound reasoning, but the older I get I care less and less about rankings until the last bowl game is played.

Unless it helps us to get a better bowl game or be selected for something, I only care about the final standings.

So ranked 25 or ranked 26, doesn't matter to me at all at this point.

Think the OP has sound reasoning, but the older I get I care less and less about rankings until the last bowl game is played.

Unless it helps us to get a better bowl game or be selected for something, I only care about the final standings.

So ranked 25 or ranked 26, doesn't matter to me at all at this point.
At this point in the season, I agree. Win next week, we will be ranked regardless. Lose, we won't.

Since ESPN controls everything sports now including the polls, Im thinking we jump to 25 to suit their made for tv game Saturday since it's all about the $$$ for then. Two top 25 teams in Columbia.
Now I can't find this but if this happens, what is the series record when Both teams come in ranked?
mgc.gif

Beat me to it. I have joked for weeks about NC State (best win is Louisville) and LSU (lost to Troy at home) being ranked as many as 14-15 spots ahead of us and how magically a win over Wofford would SUDDENLY convince the polls were a top 25 team...RIGHT BEFORE Clemson plays us so that neat number can be next to our name when we play them.

I figure NC State might move up though with a quality loss @wake.
The only thing worse than the polls is the CFB group, who decided to pick one team and one game to factor injuries into their ranking. Just adopt the FCS system....please

Reactions: jbouton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT