ADVERTISEMENT

In Football Recruiting, we REALLY need to start Closing some deals...

Recruiting is selling a kid on your school. WM seems to be straight forward and honest like a defensive coach is. Dabo is a salesman, I mean he was before taking a coaching job and can sale ice to Eskimo's. Can't coach worth a flip but can sale his players and recruits on buying in to the program. When you have three 4* and two 5* QB's committed, you have sold them! Because realistically there is no way some are going to play when they could start elsewhere. We need a salesman.
Dude has been head coach in two national title games winning one of them. I believe somewhere along the way he might have learned to coach or at least be a good head coach. Knocking his coaching at this point is kinda sad really. The best we can hope for is him taking a better job and I think his kid just signed with them so that might not happen anytime soon.

DOUBLE Spurs Up today, Now THAT's what I'm talking about, LOL!!! Congrats, Staff, Keep It Up!! GO COCKS!!!

Dabo Swinney wasn't even an average WR coach. He can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He is...However, a great salesman. He realized many years ago, that he's not an X's and O's kind of guy, and hired assistants that could coach the game. Head Coaches don't really "coach"!

Dude has been head coach in two national title games winning one of them. I believe somewhere along the way he might have learned to coach or at least be a good head coach. Knocking his coaching at this point is kinda sad really. The best we can hope for is him taking a better job and I think his kid just signed with them so that might not happen anytime soon.

I agree, but any job move for Dabo would be a lateral one. Why do it?

Dabo Swinney wasn't even an average WR coach. He can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He is...However, a great salesman. He realized many years ago, that he's not an X's and O's kind of guy, and hired assistants that could coach the game. Head Coaches don't really "coach"!

Well, Dabo did retain Brad Scott and his son, Jeff. Both very good moves from Clemson's perspective. Personally, I wouldn't swap Clemson's coaching and support staff for anyone's, even Alabama's. I'm sure most here disagree.

Well, Dabo did retain Brad Scott and his son, Jeff. Both very good moves from Clemson's perspective. Personally, I wouldn't swap Clemson's coaching and support staff for anyone's, even Alabama's. I'm sure most here disagree.

Most of us don't give a crap tater. Take that ring sig and go away. We do not need to see a natty ring in our face.

Would it really? Bama Texas USCw osu ok Fla lsu Mich would be lateral to cow town?

Absolutely. At Clemson there is a 'perfect storm' at present, with the players, coaches, staff, students, faculty, administration, and boosters all pulling in the same direction. Very rare! And it won't always be that way, I'm sure.

The desirability of a coaching job is much more than who can win a bidding war. If Dabo leaves eventually for Bama, it won't be because of $$.

Absolutely. At Clemson there is a 'perfect storm' at present, with the players, coaches, staff, students, faculty, administration, and boosters all pulling in the same direction. Very rare! And it won't always be that way, I'm sure.

The desirability of a coaching job is much more than who can win a bidding war. If Dabo leaves eventually for Bama, it won't be because of $$.

Add Board of Trustees and politicians to my 'perfect storm' scenario.

To be a good recruiter u have to sign top talent. Period
Dawn Staley is a great recruiter.
Muschamp has not showed he is a great recruiter yet. Any school can offer a kid. U got to sign em or it is all fluff speak like off season work outs usually!
you dont understand how this works , do you?

you dont understand how this works , do you?

Yeah folks say this person is a great recruiter and Muschamps d f née will be stellar. Well the defense has been terrible and only recruiting will help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT