ADVERTISEMENT

Interested to see if Beamer has the stones to make tough personnel decisions

elcidcockfan

Dec 2, 2020
He may have the love of former players and throw one hell of an Easter egg hunt but I sure hope he has the stones to do what it takes to build a winner or at least bring this program back to relevance. I'm seriously having trouble figuring out how he thought it was a good idea to hire a groomsman with an "iffy" track record in such a vital role. Had to have known that could make for some tough conversations. At this point it appears the job is to big for him, I guess all we can expect is that he grows into the role but could be a few years of real pain and in this day and age just not sure that's acceptable. We'll see. My advice for him would be to worry about producing a quality product rather than calling out fans for not wasting their hard earned money to watch a piss poor, undisciplined team that continues to find new ways to lose games.

He may have the love of former players and throw one hell of an Easter egg hunt but I sure hope he has the stones to do what it takes to build a winner or at least bring this program back to relevance. I'm seriously having trouble figuring out how he thought it was a good idea to hire a groomsman with an "iffy" track record in such a vital role. Had to have known that could make for some tough conversations. At this point it appears the job is to big for him, I guess all we can expect is that he grows into the role but could be a few years of real pain and in this day and age just not sure that's acceptable. We'll see. My advice for him would be to worry about producing a quality product rather than calling out fans for not wasting their hard earned money to watch a piss poor, undisciplined team that continues to find new ways to lose games.
SPOILER ALERT: Nothing to indicate that Beamer can even diagnose a problem.

I'm not down on Sat like many. I guess its because I've called plays even though it was at the HS level and understand what he is dealing with. You have a set that you believe are your best plays but when the DL are hitting your backs a yard behind the line of scrimmage or your qb takes a 3 step drop and before he is set has pressure there is no magic plays that can over come what you call. We are lacking sec talent on the offensive side of the ball and thats what has to change, not Sat or Beamer

Reactions: USC 1992
Who can he replace them with ? Remember how hard it was for him to finally hire a staff after Bobo left and others left ? What assistant worth a crap will come work under Beamer ? Seriously ???

Reactions: drawplay000
Who can he replace them with ? Remember how hard it was for him to finally hire a staff after Bobo left and others left ? What assistant worth a crap will come work under Beamer ? Seriously ???
I thought when Beamer was hired he told us that he was getting calls and text messages from a lot of great coaches that wanted to come to carolina…I’d love to see that list

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
We have to hope that Beamer knows to what extent the Offense’s problems are coaching related. There’s obviously talent deficiencies he’s just going to have to recruit their way out of.
I’ve heard Spurrier called and said the offense was awful. That tells me much is Coaching and scheme related. Have also heard there’s tension alongsth some coaches.
These are not insurmountable hurdles but if not addressed, the will be.

We have to hope that Beamer knows to what extent the Offense’s problems are coaching related. There’s obviously talent deficiencies he’s just going to have to recruit their way out of.
I’ve heard Spurrier called and said the offense was awful. That tells me much is Coaching and scheme related. Have also heard there’s tension alongsth some coaches.
These are not insurmountable hurdles but if not addressed, the will be.
And therein lies the issue. We just have to hope the guy knows what the hell he's doing because gosh forbid he's never been in this situation before.... Yikes. To your point about recruiting, do you believe this offense is a selling point to recruits? I don't see how we convince playmakers to sign up for this, sadly I just don't see it.

I'm not down on Sat like many. I guess its because I've called plays even though it was at the HS level and understand what he is dealing with. You have a set that you believe are your best plays but when the DL are hitting your backs a yard behind the line of scrimmage or your qb takes a 3 step drop and before he is set has pressure there is no magic plays that can over come what you call. We are lacking sec talent on the offensive side of the ball and thats what has to change, not Sat or Beamer
There may be a lot of truth to what you said. But I can’t believe we are that devoid of talent. I cannot remember one single game, against ANY opponent, where USC dominated their opponent like A&M dominated us. Eastern Illinois, SC State, anybody.
We certainly need to upgrade. But I can’t believe Rivals is that far off on our guys. As much as they need more speed and more power. They need more belief. I believe they start the game defeated.

A bye week would’ve been a great opportunity to fire Satterfield. It would’ve earned some confidence from the fanbase and showed that Beamer is committed to getting the job done. At the same time, I am not confident we’d do any better this season, regardless of who is calling plays from this offensive staff. But if Beamer doesn’t make a move in the off-season everyone might as well hang it up and save your $ over the next 4 years. The OC position was mishandled from the moment Beamer came in. And Beamer partially deserves blame, but Tanner also forced him to keep Bobo which had to be a very weird circumstance to begin with. That set Beamer back a bit…but he better fix it. And Ray Tanner needs to stay as far away from this program and he can get.

Reactions: elcidcockfan
And Beamer was supposed to be a super duper recruiter along with great staff assembler. What top linemen are we getting?

And Beamer was supposed to be a super duper recruiter along with great staff assembler. What top linemen are we getting?
I haven't followed recruiting as close lately other than some big name guys for down the road, which obviously doesn't help next year.

I hope we find a way to be relevant in a game with a top tier SEC team.

There may be a lot of truth to what you said. But I can’t believe we are that devoid of talent. I cannot remember one single game, against ANY opponent, where USC dominated their opponent like A&M dominated us. Eastern Illinois, SC State, anybody.
We certainly need to upgrade. But I can’t believe Rivals is that far off on our guys. As much as they need more speed and more power. They need more belief. I believe they

So i looked into next years class, we are bringing in 3 Offensive Linemen. 1 is a 4* that was a huge get from PA that we stole out of Penn States backyard which i remember that one well, the other 2 are your typical 3* linemen which is what most Oline guys rate out. I believe there were around 40 4* rated linemen in this bath across the country and we got 1 of them. But usually with Olinmen they don't just come right in and make a big impact, its a big transition. I would guess we would once again hit the portal hard to help here unless something drastically changes maybe. I'm like most, just kinda lost for what the next step is to get this ship heading in the right direction.

So i looked into next years class, we are bringing in 3 Offensive Linemen. 1 is a 4* that was a huge get from PA that we stole out of Penn States backyard which i remember that one well, the other 2 are your typical 3* linemen which is what most Oline guys rate out. I believe there were around 40 4* rated linemen in this bath across the country and we got 1 of them. But usually with Olinmen they don't just come right in and make a big impact, its a big transition. I would guess we would once again hit the portal hard to help here unless something drastically changes maybe. I'm like most, just kinda lost for what the next step is to get this ship heading in the right direction.
I believe Beamer is a smart guy and can read the writing on the wall. If he can remain positive and recruit well, he has a chance.

This is what I would do. I would start Brown at QB and let the true freshman in there some. At the end of the year we have to fire the OL and OC coaches. Then go get a QB in the portal and a keep the rest of our open scholarships for other transfers.

And therein lies the issue. We just have to hope the guy knows what the hell he's doing because gosh forbid he's never been in this situation before.... Yikes. To your point about recruiting, do you believe this offense is a selling point to recruits? I don't see how we convince playmakers to sign up for this, sadly I just don't see it.
Not going to be easy. Dabo did it, maybe Shane can too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT