ADVERTISEMENT

Is this what happens with MBB next yeah?

Jon Snow

Dec 17, 2012
Frank schedules a bit easier OOC, picks up just enough wins to get into the tournament as about a 10 seed. Ray gives him a raise/extension and we continue the trend of making the tournament once every 3-5 years.

Frank schedules a bit easier OOC, picks up just enough wins to get into the tournament as about a 10 seed. Ray gives him a raise/extension and we continue the trend of making the tournament once every 3-5 years.

Easier OOC than Stetson? I don’t know. I’ve been slow to accept the state of the program myself but I just don’t see it any more.

I
Easier OOC than Stetson? I don’t know. I’ve been slow to accept the state of the program myself but I just don’t see it any more.
I agree with you. I thought this year's OOC schedule was softer in comparison to previous seasons. My point is: this is what we will get. We are either happy with this or we move on.

Reactions: DrMickey
Guys you can knock a lot of things but the OOC isn’t one of them. We did play at Virginia. Played Wichita and Northern Iowa at a neutral site. Good chance all 3 make the tournament. Houston is going to make the tournament. You have to play the hicks up north and while they aren’t world beaters they did upset several top 10 teams at home.

Bash Frank on a lot of things, but out of conference scheduling you’d be hard pressed to find a school playing a tougher out of conference schedule.

Reactions: LBGCOCK

I don’t know why we (or any other power 5) should schedule any more Stetsons / Charleston Southerns ever again. It doesn’t matter if u win and if you lose it has repercussions for the next 4 months. If we lost by 30 points to 2 Big 10 teams this year instead of Stetson and Boston, we are in the tournament right now.

We need to recruit at a higher level and the marketing department needs to do a better job.

One thing that I hate about our games is that the crowd is dead just about the whole time. Pregame there's no hype music and the timeout promotions don't get the crowd excited. Coaches need to recuit better and that's what makes the product on the field, but we aren't doing ourselves any favors with a dead crowd all the time.

I don’t know why we (or any other power 5) should schedule any more Stetsons / Charleston Southerns ever again. It doesn’t matter if u win and if you lose it has repercussions for the next 4 months. If we lost by 30 points to 2 Big 10 teams this year instead of Stetson and Boston, we are in the tournament right now.

This year, the NET favors you just for playing those teams. The fact that you had the opportunity and played up has helped some of the teams above us in the NET

I don't think a significantly easier OOC schedule is the answer. We went that route in 2015-2016, racked up a bunch of easy wins, and it didn't get us into the tournament.

It looks like the key is to avoid losses to the Stetsons and Wyomings of the world and go better than .500 during the stretch run of the SEC schedule.

We need to recruit at a higher level and the marketing department needs to do a better job.

One thing that I hate about our games is that the crowd is dead just about the whole time. Pregame there's no hype music and the timeout promotions don't get the crowd excited. Coaches need to recuit better and that's what makes the product on the field, but we aren't doing ourselves any favors with a dead crowd all the time.

Got to give away more Chic Fil A. Sad part is that’s the loudest part of any game. Great idea. Need a few more of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT