ADVERTISEMENT

It’s one of the main reason I choose to attend games

Reactions: humble servant
Attended every home game for 20 years solo. Just got to be too much for me alone. I miss the atmosphere and the experience but don't miss the traffic and long drive home. Still a member of the Gamecock club just don't attend games.

Rather than watch them on TV. It can be an awesome environment.

go story about loudest stadiums in the SEC

I’ve said it before, you’ve got a Sec 8 written all over you…….where else can u drink mass quantities? I mean try this at home & AA is doing an invention in yer living room!……….besides all those black boots 😋😋

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Attended every home game for 20 years solo. Just got to be too much for me alone. I miss the atmosphere and the experience but don't miss the traffic and long drive home. Still a member of the Gamecock club just don't attend games.
I’ve done a lot of those too. Always felt like the highway patrol could do a better job of managing traffic. In fact it seemed to have gone smoother when the state was flooded or having a hurricane and there were less of them available. Of course the crowds were thinner but it seemed like things moved better without them.

It’s fun to go but when it starts to feel like more work than the enjoyment you get out of it, it’s time to stay home.

I’ve said it before, you’ve got a Sec 8 written all over you…….where else can u drink mass quantities? I mean try this at home & AA is doing an invention in yer living room!……….besides all those black boots 😋😋
😎😎

There is nothing like watching a game in person. You really cannot see a game on TV. You can only see about half of what's going on. You have to be there to see the whole field.

There is nothing like watching a game in person. You really cannot see a game on TV. You can only see about half of what's going on. You have to be there to see the whole field.

This is true. The speed of the game is only able to be captured in person.

With that said, I much prefer games at home now. I was a season ticket holder from around 1993 to the mid 2000s and greatly enjoyed it. Also typically took in 2-3 away games each year during that stretch.

But being at home is just too nice for me at this point. I have the option of projecting games on the back of my house with my projector and that's just very hard to beat, especially as it gets cooler as I can sit by my outdoor gas fireplace and take in the game.

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
I would argue the opposite.
I don't know how you would. The cameras only show about half of what is happening on the field. They only follow the ball carrier or QB throwing the ball, not what is developing around the play and down field. The defensive backfield, almost 50% of the players on defense, are completely left out of the picture. You only see a portion of those guys and only when the ball gets to their area. On special teams, you only see the guy who receives the ball and runs. You cannot see the defense or blocking developing downfield, nor any holes or running lanes developing. The only good thing about TV is instant replay, but you can get that on the video board at the game as well.

I don't know how you would. The cameras only show about half of what is happening on the field. They only follow the ball carrier or QB throwing the ball, not what is developing around the play and down field. The defensive backfield, almost 50% of the players on defense, are completely left out of the picture. You only see a portion of those guys and only when the ball gets to their area. On special teams, you only see the guy who receives the ball and runs. You cannot see the defense or blocking developing downfield, nor any holes or running lanes developing. The only good thing about TV is instant replay, but you can get that on the video board at the game as well.

My favorite thing about in person is that you can see wide receiver break open well before you'd ever see it on tv. You can also see receivers or backs that were open and the QB missed them or didn't see them.

The most fun I think I've had is watching a game closely in person and seeing a wide out break open before the ball is even thrown and stand up at my seat and start cheering as the QB started to throw the ball in the open receivers direction and start cheering before most of the crowd even knows where the QB is going.

Of course it's egg on your face if he drops the ball.

Again though- I do watch games at home now to avoid the drunks, the traffic, and the inconvenience of going to a game.

302158562_455254466647312_1855320874711771454_n.jpg

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Enjoyed attending the games in my 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. Now in my 70s and can’t deal with a full day of heat, drunks, clogged toilets, and traffic. As the song goes, I done got too old to cut the mustard.

I enjoy the game and the band. What drives me away is the know it alls in the stands and the loud music. The band was doing just fine.

I enjoy the game and the band. What drives me away is the know it alls in the stands and the loud music. The band was doing just fine.

I much prefer the band. They work very hard.

I wouldn't mind Sandstorm but otherwise, I prefer the band much more than any other music.

That loud mess they call music gone drive me away. I forget every year how much i don't like it and was reminded of it last night at my son's football jamboree. I'd rather hear the announces tell the doctors what section got people passing out.

I used to couldn't dream of a Saturday where I didn't attend a football game somewhere. But didn't go one year about 10 years ago. And found it was great. No more spending a whole day dedicated to a game. And any game of relevance is on TV. I am 20 steps away from vacant, and clean, bathroom. 10 steps away from anything to eat that I want. Not to mention saving a ton of money previously used to support a mostly mediocre football program. Life is good.

I used to couldn't dream of a Saturday where I didn't attend a football game somewhere. But didn't go one year about 10 years ago. And found it was great. No more spending a whole day dedicated to a game. And any game of relevance is on TV. I am 20 steps away from vacant, and clean, bathroom. 10 steps away from anything to eat that I want. Not to mention saving a ton of money previously used to support a mostly mediocre football program. Life is good.
Amen Brother! Saving myself at least $25,000 a year by watching at home.

Reactions: midline
I watched 3 games flipping back and forth this afternoon. Each game took over 4 hours to play. Review after review. Stopped clock after stopped clock. That’s why I stay home. Went outside for 40 minutes and didn’t even miss a quarter.

Reactions: bucketdad
Last weekend I had to replace my toilet fill valve, if it had happened yesterday it could've been the closest thing to the stadium experience. 😀

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
Once again. Great atmosphere. Awesome to see the fans pumped up and they rocked Sandstorm.

Personally I think the light effects may have been over the top but I’m guessing that’s the effect they were looking for. It was very cool and I can see being a motivator in better games.

Great to see the crowd react to the Clowney video highlights played on the big screen and the lighting of his name on the press box. Hopefully he got to talk to the recruits that showed up.

Glad they keep catering to the people that aren't paying the bills. I'm not impressed until they have better restrooms, concessions and traffic. Unit then its all eye candy for kids that don't pay the bills and only want free stuff.

I watched 3 games flipping back and forth this afternoon. Each game took over 4 hours to play. Review after review. Stopped clock after stopped clock. That’s why I stay home. Went outside for 40 minutes and didn’t even miss a quarter.

I caught a good bit of the game Saturday night. Worked in my yard off an on all day.

Put a nice porterhouse steak on my charcoal grill about 7pm. Nice baked potato and some fresh corn on the cob. Then my wife made a cherry pie.

Sat on the couch in my air conditioned living room and watched the game, along with some of On Patrol.

MUCH prefer watching the game at home. It's not even close.

Like the poster above said. There’s plenty of new fans that will cycle through- that will never change …. It’s definitely a different vibe at the games these days. Seems to be a younger crowd I use to prefer all night games but now look forward to some of the earlier kickoffs. 2-3 night games a year - is plenty for me.

Btw. Go FU this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT