ADVERTISEMENT

It's astonishing how far we've fallen in basketball in just one season

We went to a Final four last year when we hadn't won a NCAA game since the 1970's. We lost half our team and are rebuilding and just signed a 5* this thread is ridiculous, obviously created by someone trying to make the program look bad.

Our going to the Final Four last year is the equivalent of Rutgers going to the College Football Playoffs. We're a school with almost zero basketball tradition. Silly thread.

Reactions: ansoncock
I used to think this, now I'm not so sure. I don't have any links handy, but I found several articles the other day saying it's just a matter of when he gets reinstated, not if. There are obviously also analysts saying he will never be cleared to play. Regardless, he can practice, which should help make others better now. FM made a statement yesterday about finally having 10 D1 players practicing at the same time.

Very good point regarding practice. I hadn’t considered this.

Gravett played well yesterday against GA, especially during full court press at the end of the game.

Reactions: allyourbase
I used to think this, now I'm not so sure. I don't have any links handy, but I found several articles the other day saying it's just a matter of when he gets reinstated, not if. There are obviously also analysts saying he will never be cleared to play. Regardless, he can practice, which should help make others better now. FM made a statement yesterday about finally having 10 D1 players practicing at the same time.
Its been explained in detail on this site. Very simple. The ncaa has nothing going on with bowen and the louisville investigation. Its old news. Louisville couldve reinstated the kid in early november, instead they decided part ways because they felt it was the right thing for their program to do. But let me be clear, once again, because I know the guys with their fake news media links will be here shortly, if louisville wasnt neck deep in numerous recruiting scandals, this kid would be suiting up for the cards right now. Anyone saying the ncaa has taken action against this kid, or his eligibility, is fos, simply put. The question regarding eligibility is WHEN can he suit up, not IF.

Reactions: Bclc829
Its been explained in detail on this site. Very simple. The ncaa has nothing going on with bowen and the louisville investigation. Its old news. Louisville couldve reinstated the kid in early november, instead they decided part ways because they felt it was the right thing for their program to do. But let me be clear, once again, because I know the guys with their fake news media links will be here shortly, if louisville wasnt neck deep in numerous recruiting scandals, this kid would be suiting up for the cards right now. Anyone saying the ncaa has taken action against this kid, or his eligibility, is fos, simply put. The question regarding eligibility is WHEN can he suit up, not IF.
Nothing to see here? 100k to his dad is fake news?

You're not an authority on what's going with this kid's eligibility, so you'll have to see what happens like the rest of us.

Nothing to see here? 100k to his dad is fake news?

You're not an authority on what's going with this kid's eligibility, so you'll have to see what happens like the rest of us.
He will sit 2 semesters and then he will play basketball for the Gamecocks... Since you are overly confident in your negative posts/comments, would you care to make a wager on this?

Very good point regarding practice. I hadn’t considered this.

Gravett played well yesterday against GA, especially during full court press at the end of the game.
Gravett is one heck of an athlete! He can also shoot. He has a head game going which makes him miss more than he should. Watch for him to become a better shooter!

He will sit 2 semesters and then he will play basketball for the Gamecocks... Since you are overly confident in your negative posts/comments, would you care to make a wager on this?
I said you'll have to wait and see like the rest of us. I didn't say he'll never play here. Reading is fundamental, bud. In any event, all the people concerned are not being unreasonable.

Still, I'm intrigued. What's the wager?

I think what is hard is there doesn’t seem to be any talent on this team except Silva, so it doesn’t give us much hope for 2-3 more years.
I just question our recruiting...just don't get going after all these foreign players who are considered 'raw talent.' Takes too long to develop them.

Words have meanings. There's a difference.

I frankly doubt he'll play here. Sitting a year is tough for kid of that calibre. The ncaa thing is still out there and he's mentioned the pro route before. Plus, Frank isn't everybody's cup of tea. He's a tough coach and some players chaff at his style. There's a lot of time and a lot that can happen in a year.

The truth is, we haven't fallen at all that far in just one season. So long as we have Coach Frank Martin, the future's bright. CFM is working hard recruiting, and is a developer of players. If he stays healthy and is given latitude, we'll be ok.

Words have meanings. There's a difference.

I frankly doubt he'll play here. Sitting a year is tough for kid of that calibre. The ncaa thing is still out there and he's mentioned the pro route before. Plus, Frank isn't everybody's cup of tea. He's a tough coach and some players chaff at his style. There's a lot of time and a lot that can happen in a year.
Yes, your negativity was duly noted before this redundant post.

BongsummersWell-Known Member

FM has always had attrition on his BB teams. It concerned me! After watching the last few years, I think it’s becoming clear, that Coach Martin’s system is very demanding. Some guys just aren’t willing to put in that kind of work. It takes lots of energy to play that stifling defense.
Defense isn't the problem. Shooting 27% is the problem.

Hey...Bong? Get your head...out of your AZZ! I was talking about attrition on the team. I didn’t mention offense or defense.

That's a bunch of BS. He could not have played for Louisville in early November or at any time after that, as they didn't apply for his reinstatement with the NCAA. Which also means that the NCAA does have something going on with this situation. Even Bowen's own lawyer mentioned that he had to be reinstated by the NCAA.

Reactions: bosoxcock
That's a bunch of BS. He could not have played for Louisville in early November or at any time after that, as they didn't apply for his reinstatement with the NCAA. Which also means that the NCAA does have something going on with this situation. Even Bowen's own lawyer mentioned that he had to be reinstated by the NCAA.
You are free to believe what you want. None of it is bs. Louisville was NEVER going to reinstate him. You are reading too much into the lawyers comment. Obviously, since he, uh, you know, TRANSFERRED, the ncaa will check his eligiblity.

You are free to believe what you want. None of it is bs. Louisville was NEVER going to reinstate him. You are reading too much into the lawyers comment. Obviously, since he, uh, you know, TRANSFERRED, the ncaa will check his eligiblity.
There is not much confusing about "apply to the NCAA for his reinstatement." Fact also remains that he was not able to play for Louisville on November 2 or at anytime thereafter.

we only lost 3 of the best players on the team and we didn't have much depth.....we were gonna fall....this team would be very good if we had consistent outside shooter....time will tell

Our going to the Final Four last year is the equivalent of Rutgers going to the College Football Playoffs. We're a school with almost zero basketball tradition. Silly thread.
OP, you should have entitled this thread
"It's astonishing that we haven't fallen very far in basketball in just one season after losing three key players."

Reactions: okccock
There is not much confusing about "apply to the NCAA for his reinstatement." Fact also remains that he was not able to play for Louisville on November 2 or at anytime thereafter.
That is not a fact.

Also, great thread here. Highlighting the idiots on this board.

Sooooo....are we kinda saying that Martin doesn't adjust his coaching to the type of players he has? And hasn't seemed to recruit the kind of players he needs to run his style of play?

Interesting.
Speaking of spreading a bunch of bs... you Marshall lovers are something else.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Speaking of spreading a bunch of bs... you Marshall lovers are something else.
I know the Marshall's and I long ago acknowledged that that ship had sailed for USC.

And considering how dense you seem to be....it's no wonder that you didn't recognize that as a sarcastic comment regarding those who were making those same criticisms of our offense in football. I simply and sarcastically pointed out the double standard.

I know the Marshall's and I long ago acknowledged that that ship had sailed for USC.

And considering how dense you seem to be....it's no wonder that you didn't recognize that as a sarcastic comment regarding those who were making those same criticisms of our offense in football. I simply and sarcastically pointed out the double standard.
Dense? Thats cute. I used your "source" to show that you were completely misreading what the lawyer said. But, lets try it this way, since you have these so called sources, please provide date and reason regarding the ncaa's decision on the bowen case.

Well, this thread derailed quickly. Can we take it back to making fun of the premise of the thread after half a season?

Nobody excels without outstanding guard play. It sets up everything.
What I don’t like about today’s game is that the traditional big man is not needed. Teams win with guards and slashers. Just look at the NBA. The golden state warriors are proof of that.

What I don’t like about today’s game is that the traditional big man is not needed. Teams win with guards and slashers. Just look at the NBA. The golden state warriors are proof of that.
There just aren't that many good ones around and teams have adjusted their style to accommodate that. However, if you look at UK the other night, all that's missing is the enforcer-type big man they have had at various times in the past. So, use them if you have them. They present problems.

Dense? Thats cute. I used your "source" to show that you were completely misreading what the lawyer said. But, lets try it this way, since you have these so called sources, please provide date and reason regarding the ncaa's decision on the bowen case.
See "Brian Bowen" thread, which I tagged you in, with the lawyer's quote regarding Bowen having to be reinstated by the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT