ADVERTISEMENT

Ja Morant Sumter

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Sophomore PG at Murray State. Was a 2* coming out of Crestwood HS, now he is considered a top 10 pick.

Anyone know what happened here? Did we recruit him?

No effort was made. It was assumed than we would not be able to dissuade him from attending the illustrious school Steve Newton used to coach for.

Sophomore PG at Murray State. Was a 2* coming out of Crestwood HS, now he is considered a top 10 pick.

Anyone know what happened here? Did we recruit him?
This was a old thread about him,
Top HS Boys BB Game at Heathwood Hall Today

If it wasn't academic issues, it's more evidence CFM should be fired. I have seen several of his games. He is better than anyone we've got. IMHO were he a Gamecock he would have been the best player of the Martin era. Yes he is better than Thornwell.

No effort was made. It was assumed than we would not be able to dissuade him from attending the illustrious school Steve Newton used to coach for.
My gosh you are so wrong. Actually we were the only power five team to offer him. It was a late summer offer before his senior year and he took an official with us. Your knee jerk negativity is tiresome but at least get your facts straight.
http://thenews.org/2018/02/22/from-tee-to-ja-morant-finishing-what-his-father-started/

USC offered and it was probably his best offer, but for whatever reason, he had his heart set on Murray State.

My gosh you are so wrong. Actually we were the only power five team to offer him. It was a late summer offer before his senior year and he took an official with us. Your knee jerk negativity is tiresome but at least get your facts straight.
http://thenews.org/2018/02/22/from-tee-to-ja-morant-finishing-what-his-father-started/

"The Dalzell, South Carolina native doesn’t know why he didn’t garner the notoriety and collegiate attention that others in his state did." And, he has probably seen enough of Martin cursing and berating his players in public, with spit flying all over them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT