ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Reacher

mauze1

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2012
OT: Would somebody please tell Tom Cruise he is too short to play Jack Reacher. He is 5'5" and Jack is 6'5". His size is an important part of the story line. I don't care if you do use an all midget cast.

Last edited:
OT: Would somebody please tell Tom Cruise he is too short to play Jack Reacher. He is 5'5" and Jack is 6'5". His size is an important part of the story line. I don't care if you do use an all midget cast.

I can't help myself in regards to tom cruise....he was cast in some of my favorite movies growing up, but i cannot stomach even seeing the guy now. It is a character flaw for me to be so shallow, but I cannot help it....I guess he "owns me" since i have to tell myself that it is wrong to hate others, but avoidance is my only defense mechanism.

however, if the right circumstance presented itself, i may just kick his ass.

Reactions: andypants
I can't help myself in regards to tom cruise....he was cast in some of my favorite movies growing up, but i cannot stomach even seeing the guy now. It is a character flaw for me to be so shallow, but I cannot help it....I guess he "owns me" since i have to tell myself that it is wrong to hate others, but avoidance is my only defense mechanism.

Why the anger, dude? What a weird post.

Reactions: Heyward1
He has said some things in the past that bother me, plus he apparently has abused his wives and psychologically abused his kids.

i could be the only one who dislikes him though.

also, most of my post is an attempt at humor.

He has said some things in the past that bother me, plus he apparently has abused his wives and psychologically abused his kids.

i could be the only one who dislikes him though.

also, most of my post is an attempt at humor.
No you not,ad one more. Go Cocks beat Vandy

Yrs ago I had the same issue with Danny Devito. Lol. Can't watch him

Reactions: caigmaster
Read all the books would never watch a movie with Cruise cast as Reacher. I heard author Lee Child gave his blessing to the casting. That really puzzles me.

Reactions: trekcock
I may be in the minority here but I always feel like Cruise does a pretty decent job in his action films.

He seems like a weird dude off camera I don't think there's any argument there but I don't mind his movies (including Jack Reacher).

Disclaimer: have not read the books...I know that changes things when it comes to who is cast, etc.

It is hard to pick a movie these days if you consider the star's politics or personal behavior. Cruise, Depp, Downey and company are hard to stomach otherwise. Miss Newman, McQueen, and the like. They had faults but we're ultra cool on and off screen.

Reactions: andypants
You're right Reacher's physical persona was a big part of his character. It bugged me from the moment I heard a munchkin like Cruise was playing the part. Dolph Lundgrin is more the physical type called for in the part.

It is hard to pick a movie these days if you consider the star's politics or personal behavior. Cruise, Depp, Downey and company are hard to stomach otherwise. Miss Newman, McQueen, and the like. They had faults but we're ultra cool on and off screen.

i think most actors/entertainers have eccentric behaviors that led them to their occupations. ultimately, they live in a fantasy world that the average american cannot relate to. The really big stars who tend to be so vocal make more in a movie or tv episode then we will make in our lifetimes. I guess I would feel guilty too. Then you look at their charity donations (not talking about fundraisers where other people actually fund the charity) and they put a smaller percentage of their income into charity then the middle class does, while they move to a different state or country to avoid taxes.

kindof like joey bosa holding out instead of showing up for San Diego. Its not even about getting his 18mil or so, its just whether he gets it all now or some next year. I have not hit the 18mil lifetime earnings yet....so I cannot relate to what i consider a guy given physical gifts that allow him to make life changing income in one year and letting his team and ownership down. hell, I played flag football into my 30's....what most of us would do to play the sport we love!

Ergo, I cannot relate.

I can relate to my room mate from college who sold his business for 50mil while in his mid 30s. He busted his ass and hit it big. so its not just the money, its how you wear it. Plus he gave me a free t-shirt.

You're right Reacher's physical persona was a big part of his character. It bugged me from the moment I heard a munchkin like Cruise was playing the part. Dolph Lundgrin is more the physical type called for in the part.

Forrest Gump in the book was 6'6" 260 and played DE at Bama. Films take liberties to sell the product.

Read all the books would never watch a movie with Cruise cast as Reacher. I heard author Lee Child gave his blessing to the casting. That really puzzles me.

I heard Cruise bought the movies rights. Guess we will never see the real Reacher on the screen.

Forrest Gump in the book was 6'6" 260 and played DE at Bama. Films take liberties to sell the product.

Guess you don't read Reacher. The stories are about his bad ass style. He is 6'5" ' s of romping stomping bad ass. At 5' 5", I am sorry, you just don't measure up.

Reactions: NetworkX

WTF?????????????????

First off guys, Cruise is a towering 5'7. As a fan of the books, i made many a joke about cruise being chosen for the part. But I saw the flick, wasn't half bad. Cruise has the acting chops to pull off reacher's attitude. If I stop to figure people's politics in before consuming their movies/music I would never watch or hear anything.

Fortunately i didn't read Forest Gump or I most likely would have had a problem with that casting also. LOL. For the record I did enjoy both movies.

Like Mark Wahlberg for 6'5" Marcus Luttrell in Lone Survivor. Can't stand when they do that crap

I've read all the Jack Reachers books. When I heard there was a movie being made, I didn't plan on watching it because Hollywood usually screws up and the movie is nothing like the books. When I learned that Cruise was playing Jack Reacher, my first thought was "He's too damn short." I do believe Cruise or his production company bought the rights to the movie rights to the books. I always pictured Reacher as a younger Clint Eastwood.

Guess you don't read Reacher. The stories are about his bad ass style. He is 6'5" ' s of romping stomping bad ass. At 5' 5", I am sorry, you just don't measure up.

I've read the books, the point I am making is once movie rights are sold, the producers and directors don't give a damn about integrity to the book. They have to get butts in the seats. If they thought Peewee Herman would be a bigger draw as Reacher than he would get the role. Oh and by the way Gump was a romping stomping foul mouthed badass in the book! They would have been great tag team partners on WWE

I hear so many people say the book was waaaayyyy better than the movie. The movie ruined it for me, blah, blah, blah. So, just read the book and quit watching the movies.......problem solved. Next......

Reactions: Wickedrooster
I may be in the minority here but I always feel like Cruise does a pretty decent job in his action films.

He seems like a weird dude off camera I don't think there's any argument there but I don't mind his movies (including Jack Reacher).

Disclaimer: have not read the books...I know that changes things when it comes to who is cast, etc.
If you read the books, then you would know why casting cruise, is damn funny.

He be wearing platform shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT