ADVERTISEMENT

Jake's last start at USC.

RoLL Tide !
DSe2ZVOX0AAlMUN

Reactions: funktavious
What was SC's record Prior to Bentley Starting?? What is it since he started?? He truly got "Spooked" by the Taters Pick six (maybe that wasnt even HIS fault), other than that, Bentley is a Good QB!!

Bentley will start as long as he is at Carolina. Does anyone believe he deserved the MVP of the game last night? He didn't "stink it up" or anything, but I believe there were several other players that made similar to bigger contributions. Bentley has been over-hyped all year. SDS had him ranked as high as the #2 QB in the SEC at one point.

Bentley will start as long as he is at Carolina. Does anyone believe he deserved the MVP of the game last night? He didn't "stink it up" or anything, but I believe there were several other players that made similar to bigger contributions. Bentley has been over-hyped all year. SDS had him ranked as high as the #2 QB in the SEC at one point.

Bentley touches the ball on every play, and SC doesnt win the game without Bentley, so i'd say he was MVP

Reactions: cockofdawn
Need to see Jake with a decent OL and a better OC. His decision making is questionable but I don't know how much of that is due to the fact that he has a lineman in his face almost every snap. Let's see who Muschamp hires. From everything I have heard it won't be BMac.

Reactions: rogue cock

That's all I'm saying. But god forbid you point out his numerous flaws on this board.

Reactions: rogue cock
You said Jake should be the MVP because he touches the ball every snap, and have yet to explain why that makes sense.

i didnt say he should be MVP because he touches the ball on every play.....

this is what i said:
Bentley touches the ball on every play, and SC doesnt win the game without Bentley, so i'd say he was MVP

i didnt say he should be MVP because he touches the ball on every snap.....

this is what i said:

They don't win the game without five 2nd half turnovers. If the offense plays exactly the same without those turnovers, we lose by double digits. The defense was the difference yesterday.

Reactions: king ward
Clearly he doesn't suck, but I would define him as serviceable. He makes some really bone headed decisions, but he can make great throws too. Consistently inconsistent.

...but you want yesterday to be Bentley last game as a QB at SC as you hoped it would be....see that what happens when emotion gets the best of you in the middle of a game

Jake is solid. With a better performing offensive line and some adequate run game would do our entire offense a world of help. Dak will redshirt next season, or should red shirt so he can develop as a passer. Idealistically he will play as a backup his RS freshman year and possibly start as a RS sophomore.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Jake is solid. With a better performing offensive line and some adequate run game would do our entire offense a world of help. Dak will redshirt next season, or should red shirt so he can develop as a passer. Idealistically he will play as a backup his RS freshman year and possibly start as a RS sophomore.
That's also the way I would describe him...solid. He needs to learn to read a defense better and stop with the "happy feet" though. And has got to quit sailing passes.

He finally hit a non-Deebo deep route yesterday!!! Jumped out of my seat when that one didn't sail 5 yards over Smith's head.

Why does everyone just assume Jay Urich will not compete? He seems to be the forgotten man. I think he has a much better chance of pushing Jake than Dak. I can't see Dak coming and legitimately pushing Jake for playing time. They could develop a package for Dak that could be used situationally , but is that worth burning his redshirt?

That's also the way I would describe him...solid. He needs to learn to read a defense better and stop with the "happy feet" though. And has got to quit sailing passes.

He finally hit a non-Deebo deep route yesterday!!! Jumped out of my seat when that one didn't sail 5 yards over Smith's head.
Call me crazy but I think Garcia's advice about the way he was standing on the snap helped out his mechanics a lot. He caught the ball in a better prepared position to throw the ball. He threw it pretty well yesterday. I was happier with his performance yesterday than any other time during the season.

Why does everyone just assume Jay Urich will not compete? He seems to be the forgotten man. I think he has a much better chance of pushing Jake than Dak. I can't see Dak coming and legitimately pushing Jake for playing time. They could develop a package for Dak that could be used situationally , but is that worth burning his redshirt?
I don't think anyone is assuming he is out of the running.....we just don't hear much about him to make any determination or speculation.

Call me crazy but I think Garcia's advice about the way he was standing on the snap helped out his mechanics a lot. He caught the ball in a better prepared position to throw the ball. He threw it pretty well yesterday. I was happier with his performance yesterday than any other time during the season.
Perhaps it did...it could be a comfort issue. Just don't see how you can be as effective when your back is partially turned toward half the field when you take the snap....and lord help when an errant snap goes toward the side that he has his back turned towards.

i dont want to call anyone crazy....................................

did Garcia wait and talk to him with 51 secs left in the 3rd Qtr

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT