ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Gruden and the NFL

captiva73

Gold Member
Nov 25, 1998
I am not here to defend Jon Gruden - he exercised poor judgement and paid the price.
However, I find the entire scenario a little interesting. The source of the emails that got Gruden
in trouble was from the NY Times - who got them through a release by the NFL of 600
thousand emails related to the Washington Redskins legal problems/lawsuits. Grudens
were a small portion of the emails - his were mainly to Redskins executive and friend -
Bruce Allen - while Gruden was at ESPN. I find it ironic that in a sample of 600 thousand
emails - only Grudens were singled out - I find it hard to believe that say 590 thousand
were all the King's English, Somehow I don't think Dan Snyder is a perfect human being.
It is almost like someone in the NFL office was out to get Gruden - and did - pretty much
finishing his career - and perhaps inflicting some damage on Mark Davis - a less than popular
owner within the NFL owner's suite. The NFL has a bunch of issues - they may have to fork over
a multi-billion dollar payment to the City of St. Louis over the Ram's location - where St. Goodell,
Kroenke, and company violated all of the leagues own relocation rules to get to back in the LA ,market.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News