ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Hoke told me "They'll play better.. I PROMISE YOU."

CliffordII

Feb 3, 2013
Athens,Ga.
Yep, UGA dominated on the offensive side of their field on September 19, 2015 in Sanford Stadium. But on the bright side of the 55-20 point beating that we experienced, Coach Spurrier should now be convinced that his true Freshman QB, Lorenzo Nunez only needs to learn more plays to make an extraordinary difference. To the main point, Coach Jon HOKE talked w/ me before they left Athens after the GA game, 9:45 ish. I think we should give him the benefit of any doubt. He went: "We'll do better next time (next game being Central Florida)--I PROMISE you.
He and Spurrier did "S E C Championship things" at Florida. And I say, let's remember how Bad Carolina football USED to be--and let's give our coaching duo a little time. Go 'Cocks' !

i think you stopped listening to him. He said, "We will do better next time...I promise you THAT WE WILL BE A DISASTER ALL SEASON LONG"

If next time means next game, I sure as hell hope so. If we can't do better against a team that lost to Furman, we're in deeper doo-doo than anyone on here realizes.

Yep, UGA dominated on the offensive side of their field on September 19, 2015 in Sanford Stadium. But on the bright side of the 55-20 point beating that we experienced, Coach Spurrier should now be convinced that his true Freshman QB, Lorenzo Nunez only needs to learn more plays to make an extraordinary difference. To the main point, Coach Jon HOKE talked w/ me before they left Athens after the GA game, 9:45 ish. I think we should give him the benefit of any doubt. He went: "We'll do better next time (next game being Central Florida)--I PROMISE you.
He and Spurrier did "S E C Championship things" at Florida. And I say, let's remember how Bad Carolina football USED to be--and let's give our coaching duo a little time. Go 'Cocks' !

Thank you!! I could not agree with you more. We need some show of sanity and maturity on this board. Heck, anybody can quit and walk away. That is easy but it takes a strong person to support a difficult situation and fight through things.

Now the coaches are promising the fans there will be improvement. Next they will be on their knees begging the fans to show up at home games

They have said after every game.."we need to coach better"...does this mean they lied and never did or does it mean they did and nothing happened. I think the fact that it's UCF and not UGA will take care of that "we'll do better I promise" deal. Which really means...nothing actually.

They have said after every game.."we need to coach better"...does this mean they lied and never did or does it mean they did and nothing happened. I think the fact that it's UCF and not UGA will take care of that "we'll do better I promise" deal. Which really means...nothing actually.

Or, it could mean that they did and something happened and some things fell apart. And in the process, the things that fell apart led to a chain reaction that led to more things falling apart. There are an infinite number of possibilities that we all encounter in our daily jobs in which things do not go the way we plan or want them to go.

Really??? That is the Spurrier mantra...."we will do better next time coaching them"......blah....blah....blah....

Hoke coached DBs in the NFL for like a decade......right?? Our DBs are average at best as well as our schemes.

Let's see him make that promise against LSU, Mizzou, Tennessee, Florida or Clemson. Dear God, my grandmother could come up with a scheme to stop UCF. Not impressed with Hoke so far. We were promised better fundamentals at the least and darn if I've seen that.

We've been fighting since last season. Gets a little tiresome seeing the same crap over and over.

Or, it could mean that they did and something happened and some things fell apart. And in the process, the things that fell apart led to a chain reaction that led to more things falling apart. There are an infinite number of possibilities that we all encounter in our daily jobs in which things do not go the way we plan or want them to go.
Wow.....that is a possibility.....or not.....it's amazing that it looks the same as games past......but that could be a coincidence. Nah....it's a pattern. They did nothing, or they did and nothing happened ! Either way it's a failure....

Spurrier did god things at Florida. Hoke, not so much. Was really surprised that he is the one Steve went after.

they better play better than last weekend or ucf is gonna beat em too

Let's see him make that promise against LSU, Mizzou, Tennessee, Florida or Clemson. Dear God, my grandmother could come up with a scheme to stop UCF. Not impressed with Hoke so far. We were promised better fundamentals at the least and darn if I've seen that.

You apparently didn't watch the UNC game. You know holding an offense that has averaged over 50 ppg to opponents other than USC to 13 pts total would be considered pretty good to most fans.

Bottom line, there is not an adequate sample size to judge Hoke yet.

You apparently didn't watch the UNC game. You know holding an offense that has averaged over 50 ppg to opponents other than USC to 13 pts total would be considered pretty good to most fans.

Bottom line, there is not an adequate sample size to judge Hoke yet.
UNC's quarterback was their Achilles heel more so than our defense. The Kentucky and Georgia game proved that. There is absolutely no excuse to play your corners that far off of receivers, even in the red zone. None whatsoever. Then not only are they playing far off but they leave the slant wide open and turn and run when the ball is snapped instead of pushing the receiver to the sideline. We can either pat ourself on the back all year over the UNC game or we can be realistic and say that we aren't as improved as we thought. Remember, last years defense shut Georgia down and we see how the test of the year went.

While I certainly appreciate your optimism, I can't help but think, what else was he supposed to say? I mean, he kind of has to say they'll do better, right?

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
Talk is cheap. They better put a chip on their shoulder and play like that the rest of the way. A disgusting effort so far. Not one punt in the first half ALL season

(clevon) A) u might have well stuck yer head n @ a klan rally & asked, "where the white women at?"
B) u might have well stuck yer head n some beer joint & yelled, "dale earnhardt sucks!"

The coaches can do all they want, but until our staff takes recruiting seriously and put in the time and effort there, it won't matter. You have to have players and game changers.

The coaches can do all they want, but until our staff takes recruiting seriously and put in the time and effort there, it won't matter. You have to have players and game changers.
Aren't "coaches" and "staff" one in the same. Players also have to have good coaches. Very few come in ready to play on this level.

Well, look at how the 2 qbs never gave up until the end. Pissed off as he was interviewing on the field, even Spurrier admitted he liked how the Qbs never quit. Don't YOU think Nunez is a gem ?

Reactions: Tigerof66
We'll come out Saturday still giving receivers 10 yard cushions, playing outside technique & bailing down the field at the snap.....I PROMISE you.

Now, I DO remember him. MVP--3 tds in that bowl game. Lou Holz had to kick the other running back off the team. Inspiring player, that Brewer. And I'd say that Lorenzo Nunez inspires me, too. (Already) I also talked to him after the UGA game. He says it's up to the coach to decide to play him even more, but that he's ready. I say YEAH !

Coach Jon HOKE talked w/ me before they left Athens after the GA game, 9:45 ish. I think we should give him the benefit of any doubt. He went: "We'll do better next time (next game being Central Florida)--I PROMISE you.

Look man I am not saying this is not true. Although it certainly seems suspect. But taking your comment at face value what else did you possibly expect him to say?? "Ward hired some losers and I will fire them"? "We have some guys out there that just dont give a shit"?

He is going to say they are going to coach better and they are not going to throw kids under the bus.

Spurrier should have made moves last year immediately after the bowl game. But he didn't do it. Now it is time to pay the piper. Even with Hoke it was a very late hire and he gave him zero input on staff evaluation.

We will do better next time....oh ok, that settles it then. BEWARE 0-3 UCF (that lost to Furman), WE ARE ON THE WARPATH!

With all due respect to coach he has been saying that since the middle of last season. Logic tells me when you keep saying "We need to coach better" it actually should mean "We need better coaches" since obviously they are not getting any better.

Aren't "coaches" and "staff" one in the same. Players also have to have good coaches. Very few come in ready to play on this level.
Yeah, I worded that poorly. I was trying to say they can coach better if they want, but we still need more talented players than we have. The biggest change has to come from the recruiting trail, and the effort and resources we allocate for it.

The 750,000 dollar a year promise. We he had made that prior to the UK or UGA game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT