ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph Byrnes- PWO from Camden

Maybe last recruiting cycle....but definitely not before. Been a member here since before it was a Rivals site and seldom if ever was a PWO mentioned unless it were a punter, kicker or longsnapper....or was a relative or friend of someone on this board.

And the "puppy love" to which I am referring is all the "goo-goo eye" posts on the board referring to everything that Beamer does as being perfection. The choosing of his staff and their past relationships....as I pointed out has been derogatorily referred to as the "friends and family plan" on many prior instances. The fact that ALL OF 2 players were working out the morning that Beamer walked through as a "change in culture"....my first thought was why weren't there more....out of that many players, you'd expect there to be more.

Frankly, some people need to be more at lot more realistic....as he is probably going to make more mistakes than not having never been a HC before.
So... just to summarize- you don’t follow recruiting much? Seems like this may not be your subject of expertise, what promoted you to join the conversation in the first place? I have been here for a looonnnngggg time as well and can recall many a walk on being discussed. Certainly the frequency of us hearing about them has increased as Twitter has become more prevalent, but all people did here was MENTION the guy. Before twitter, generally we would only hear about walk ons if a coach mentioned them in a presser and it was relayed in an article...

So, apparently in reality- you came to this thread to bring up issues you have with excitement being perceived in posts not even made here?? Seems you are pushing a clear agenda and exaggerating things to denigrate our fans. Nobody is referring to everything Beamer does as “perfection”. People ARE excited because there is a new coach with a new staff, new attitude and new way of doing things. We have had a lot to get excited about in the past week or two- some great transfers coming in, new staff who are inspiring and motivated to make this team better, kids committing to come back that we thought were going pro/ transferring/ quitting...

I would think after multiple years of garbage results it should be exciting to all fans that we have a new direction. I would expect our fans to BE excited tight now... “Frankly” your constant negativity and clear annoyance about people simply being excited makes me wonder where your head is at! It seems everyone wanted Muschamp gone, now that he is gone a certain segment of the fan base is still stuck in Eeyore mode. If you are so bothered by people getting excited about good news regarding the Gamecocks, I would submit that you are perhaps spending your time in the wrong place.

To be fair though the majority of that was based on the class he was building for this year coupled with his record of player development. In year 5 if your class is 95% 3 star players and you haven’t shown an ability to develop players it’s a problem.
Agree that this year's class lacked for "star" talent but when it came to about 4/5 players who he had committed to the class, Tatum, Steele, Wilson, Price and the speedster from Alabama, it was a better class than what it's star rating would indicate.

Maybe Beamer is just a better judge of potential than Muschamp was remember he kept Harris on the pines while playing his favorite guys.

Jim, you’re missing the mark on that, you’re getting too caught up in the conspiracy theory crap.

Harris was a true Fr in a RB room that contained two experienced Seniors and Fenwick. And he missed a chunk of the season because he needed surgery to repair a hip muscle that tore from the bone.

There are certainly valid criticisms of Muschamp, but this isn’t one of them.

So... just to summarize- you don’t follow recruiting much? Seems like this may not be your subject of expertise, what promoted you to join the conversation in the first place? I have been here for a looonnnngggg time as well and can recall many a walk on being discussed. Certainly the frequency of us hearing about them has increased as Twitter has become more prevalent, but all people did here was MENTION the guy. Before twitter, generally we would only hear about walk ons if a coach mentioned them in a presser and it was relayed in an article...

So, apparently in reality- you came to this thread to bring up issues you have with excitement being perceived in posts not even made here?? Seems you are pushing a clear agenda and exaggerating things to denigrate our fans. Nobody is referring to everything Beamer does as “perfection”. People ARE excited because there is a new coach with a new staff, new attitude and new way of doing things. We have had a lot to get excited about in the past week or two- some great transfers coming in, new staff who are inspiring and motivated to make this team better, kids committing to come back that we thought were going pro/ transferring/ quitting...

I would think after multiple years of garbage results it should be exciting to all fans that we have a new direction. I would expect our fans to BE excited tight now... “Frankly” your constant negativity and clear annoyance about people simply being excited makes me wonder where your head is at! It seems everyone wanted Muschamp gone, now that he is gone a certain segment of the fan base is still stuck in Eeyore mode. If you are so bothered by people getting excited about good news regarding the Gamecocks, I would submit that you are perhaps spending your time in the wrong place.
Follow recruiting probably as much as anyone on these sites. And as far as me being "constantly negative"....that is almost ridiculous as I am often considered a "sunshine pumper." Look at my history if you don't believe me. I don't know of a single staff that doesn't come into a program with the same or similar ideals. I simply don't believe in "gilding the lily."

Jim, you’re missing the mark on that, you’re getting too caught up in the conspiracy theory crap.

Harris was a true Fr in a RB room that contained two experienced Seniors and Fenwick. And he missed a chunk of the season because he needed surgery to repair a hip muscle that tore from the bone.

There are certainly valid criticisms of Muschamp, but this isn’t one of them.
Beg to differ fellow Gamecock. When Harris did get into the game it was clear he had something the others didn't have and he proved it this season. I understand he had a killer game against Charleston Southern but he did the same against SEC teams. Ever since the Hershel Walker days I have discounted the freshman too young to play talk, the Jake Bentley decisions proved he showed favorites and had no clue. That's not a conspiracy to me it's me believing my lying eyes...lol JMO

Harris was injured the second part of last year.
I think Harris really thrived in Bobo's power running game. It fit his style to perfection. Not sure what type of running game the new OC prefers but someone had posted it was a zone running scheme and doesn't rely on the power scheme that Bobo preferred.

I don't have any anger. I have yet to say anything bad about Beamer or any of his staff.

I simply haven't seen a bunch of adult men drooling over ANYTHING they can twist as a positive like a bunch of schoolgirls. Garnet-colored glasses are one thing, but some of the posts today are head-scratching.

I sure as hell hope beamer is making better decisions than muschamp. I am currently in agreement with any decision that beamer makes that is in opposition to something the fat midget did.

This kid supposedly has really good speed, is a baller, but he’s small by SEC safety standards. Will he ever play? Who knows, but he’s excited about getting the PWO offer. Wish him well!

I don't have any anger. I have yet to say anything bad about Beamer or any of his staff.

I simply haven't seen a bunch of adult men drooling over ANYTHING they can twist as a positive like a bunch of schoolgirls. Garnet-colored glasses are one thing, but some of the posts today are head-scratching.
Where do you see anyone in this thread even saying he will contribute. We had a semi talented kid offer to play and help us without a scholarship - that’s what this thread is about

This kid supposedly has really good speed, is a baller, but he’s small by SEC safety standards. Will he ever play? Who knows, but he’s excited about getting the PWO offer. Wish him well!

Might be small now, but if he’s 6’0”-6’1” 185-190 now he should be able to play at 210-215 once he hits the training table and gets in the weight program. Biggest thing is if he’s willing to mix it up and hit someone, I’m tired of watching our defenders get dragged 10 yards downfield because they’re afraid to hit someone and wrap up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT