ADVERTISEMENT

Joyner says he's not concerned if he has to redshirt, wants to develop...

lowcountry_cock13

Oct 12, 2017
Article saying Joyner not worried if he has to redshirt, because it would give him time to become a better passer, but is ready to go if he doesn't. I'm excited about this kid not only for his talent but his character that has shown through the recruiting process. Reminds me of Shaw/Thompson type character.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...tball/josh-kendall-blog/article189984499.html
Mature thing for a young man to say these days that he recognizes the need to learn and improve. I like it. Good sign.

He isn't getting redshirted and he knows it. Even if he doesn't play QB next year he is too good of an athlete for the program in its current status to sit for a year. Can see him in the slot or running the wildcat. They don't have enough talent stockpiled to waste him on the bench for a year

Reactions: LazyIslander
if he dont redshirt its probably because he wont play qb....i think he redshirts.....we got guys that can run or handoff

Reactions: Brace1
As i said last week, Joyner appears to be talented but if he is the best QB at SC in 2-3 years, SC is in trouble.
There is a reason most all power 5 programs in the surrounding area wasnt interested in Joyner as a QB

Who wasn’t interested in Joyner as a passer? Clemson, and who else?

The kid threw 5 passes in a all star game with guys he doesn’t even know.

if you believe Tenn. Georgia, Alabama, Florida thought Joyner would be there QB in 3-4 years.... so be it, i cant change your mind
Where is the evidence? Y’all are just making shit up like y’all usually do. .

As i said last week, Joyner has talent but if he is the best QB at SC in 2-3 years, SC is in trouble.
There is a reason most all power 5 programs in the surrounding area wasnt interested in Joyner as a QB
I am glad he is a Gamecock. Where ever he ends up playing, qb/wide receiver whatever should yield good results. I think we are in trouble for the next 2 years at qb anyway.

Listening to the feedback this player is a leader and is very confident just what you want in a QB. I hear it every time we recruit a future QB is how he can't pass.

Joyner is not a polished thrower by any means. But I like to hear that he is willing to redshirt to get better at his craft. Jake continues to say he doesn't think anything is wrong with his footwork or mechanics. When everyone watching can tell something is wrong. Shows immaturity to me.

Reactions: rogue cock
Same was said of Lamar Jackson and Kelly Bryant coming out of high school. But I understand some people have a preconceived notion of what a quarterback should look like.
And I thought Dylan Thompson was a wasted schollie too. Way too early to tell.
Ha. You are cute.
Yeah. He's cute. By the way where is your evidence? Do you have evidence? If so, show. Put it up otherwise you are just the wind blowing in the night.

Joyner could be like Syvelle Newton, Cory Jenkins or Toby Cates. If so, he will be quite a player for us. Regarding the QB position, I would not sell Urich short. He was rated a high 3 star (5.7) by Rivals and the 14th rated QB in the nation. TOS had him ranked as the 15th Dual QB in the nation. A good QB coach could turn Urich into a diamond.

Joyner could be like Syvelle Newton, Cory Jenkins or Toby Cates. If so, he will be quite a player for us. Regarding the QB position, I would not sell Urich short. He was rated a high 3 star (5.7) by Rivals and the 14th rated QB in the nation. TOS had him ranked as the 15th Dual QB in the nation. A good QB coach could turn Urich into a diamond.
Newton wasn’t a very good QB. He didn’t even use the laces when he threw

Also Urich was rated 14th best dual threat QB not 14th best QB overall. He was also overall player ranking was over a 695th, and 9th best overall player in S.C., which isn’t saying a ton as far as being an impact player

Newton wasn’t a very good QB. He didn’t even use the laces when he threw

Hey may have been a little unorthodox, but he was a playmaker for the gamecocks whether at RB, WR, or QB. Many people forget that he was key in our only win at Alabama in our program history during the 2004 season (key against #2 Auburn, Kentucky, MSU, etc...)

Maybe we can use a little spark under center...

Reactions: ansoncock
As i said last week, Joyner has talent but if he is the best QB at SC in 2-3 years, SC is in trouble.

Probably the same reason Spurrier wasn't interested in Mason Rudolph. :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT