ADVERTISEMENT

Joyner says he's not concerned if he has to redshirt, wants to develop...

Hey may have been a little unorthodox, but he was a playmaker for the gamecocks whether at RB, WR, or QB. Many people forget that he was key in our only win at Alabama in our program history during the 2004 season (key against #2 Auburn, Kentucky, MSU, etc...)

Maybe we can use a little spark under center...

Thank you for the post of the USC - Alabama 2004 game in which Syvelle was instrumental.

Thank you for the post of the USC - Alabama 2004 game in which Syvelle was instrumental.

No problem. It really brought back a lot of great gamecock memories of coaches, players, wins, losses, plays, fun, love for the game, etc... Many fans forget that 2000-2013 was the best stretch in school history. Holtz, Spurrier, and now Muschamp have given us some great wins/1st in school history type of moments. We shouldn't be so quick to act like we're too good for 8-9 wins seasons and should enjoy every moment.

As i said last week, Joyner has talent but if he is the best QB at SC in 2-3 years, SC is in trouble.
There is a reason most all power 5 programs in the surrounding area wasnt interested in Joyner as a QB
The Heisman winner this year played for Oklahoma. Nobody around here recruited him

Bentley has the tools to be great, just needs some good coaching. If Joyner doesn't have the developed passing skills his running ability won't be a threat. I hope he redshirts.
Out of the Wildcat formation in the red zone Joyner would be an major problem for defenses since he can throw better than most Wildcat QBs.

Out of the Wildcat formation in the red zone Joyner would be an major problem for defenses since he can throw better than most Wildcat QBs.
Bentley was doing pretty decent in the red zone with rushing TDs this year. They had to respect the pass. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not the wildcat if you snap it to a QB, so are you saying Joyner wouldn’t be a QB in our offense?

Reactions: Brace1
Bentley was doing pretty decent in the red zone with rushing TDs this year. They had to respect the pass. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not the wildcat if you snap it to a QB, so are you saying Joyner wouldn’t be a QB in our offense?
Using Joyner in this setting- quickly inserting him to confuse the defense- is the equivalent of the Wildcat with a real QB. Maybe in year one. Then expand his role in year two. I don't favor a redshirt for Joyner because their should be an urgency to win asap. We have to catch clemson sooner than later.

Using Joyner in this setting- quickly inserting him to confuse the defense- is the equivalent of the Wildcat with a real QB. Maybe in year one. Then expand his role in year two. I don't favor a redshirt for Joyner because their should be an urgency to win asap. We have to catch clemson sooner than later.
A little selfish, don't ya think considering Joyner himself says he's OK with red shirting?

We tried that in situations with McAlwain. When I defense knows you’re mostly in there to run it not hard to stop them. And like I said Bentley did pretty good in the redzone rushing when they actually called runs for him. But like I said still not a wildcat with a QB in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT