ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious what you guys think of the Muschamp hire?

tigerman88

Sep 5, 2006
Not coming to start any trouble but wanted to see what you guys think of the Muschamp hire.

Would you guys have felt better, the same, or worse if Tanner had made the Muschamp hire several weeks after Spurrier resigned?

I'll take the bait. I like the hire and the staff that he is assembling. I looked at the other candidates and in the end, I am satisfied because he has had head coaching experience, perhaps learned a thing or two and has a penchant for recruiting. As for the timing, what does it matter, he is in now and our otherwise lazy staff is on the way out. I appreciate the tenor of your question. Thanks.

Reactions: Sonboy
Not coming to start any trouble but wanted to see what you guys think of the Muschamp hire.

Would you guys have felt better, the same, or worse if Tanner had made the Muschamp hire several weeks after Spurrier resigned?
Uhm, it's only been several weeks since Spurrier actually made it official. He resigned two years ago but only made it known mid season, several weeks ago.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
We don't know if a Herman or Smart could make a difference. We are not fortune tellers. We have to allow. Wait and see. Smart can not make Georgia a Alabama

Seriously? You had to start another post about this? You were too lazy to read the dozens of others already listed? Troll. Nice post #2.

Well tigerman88, it is a crap shoot just like it was when Clemson hired Dabo. He has another oportunity to get it right, so we will see what if anything he learned from the Florida experience.

I, for one, am a fan of the Muschamp hire. He is obviously a good recruiter and seems to be assembling a good staff that can recruit just as well; which is what we were looking for in a new HC. And honestlly I didn't care when we hired him as long as we hired him before recruiting dead period came upon us. I believe he will get our defense back to where it was when we were going 11-2 those 3 straight years and thats how you win in the SEC (East at least) is with defense; ie look at Florida this year

He couldn't make it earlier....it was a stipulation of Muschamp's contract. He couldn't accept another job free and clear until after the end of the regular season.

He's the best thing to ever happen to USC. He will be the greatest coach ever here. We will probably name the stadium after him eventually.

Too negative then im too positive. Dang, can't win.lol

Did you not do anything else today? Just stared at that monitor? It was beautiful outside. I washed the truck, stored the tailgate gear, cleared leaves, played with the dog and went out for a nice dinner with the wife. Came back home and you are still on here from this morning. You never took a break. Get a hobby. Sad!

Reactions: b_hyman1220
Did you not do anything else today? Just stared at that monitor? It was beautiful outside. I washed the truck, stored the tailgate gear, cleared leaves, played with the dog and went out for a nice dinner with the wife. Came back home and you are still on here from this morning. You never took a break. Get a hobby. Sad!

I went to the girls game. Didn't you? Don't tell me you're one of those fans that is all talk about being a super fan and never goes to the games!

I went to the girls game. Didn't you? Don't tell me you're one of those fans that is all talk about being a super fan and never goes to the games!

Don't live in Cola but would have loved to be there. I'm more a football and baseball guy. We attended every home football game this year, as well as Georgia and A&M. May go to a few basketball games especially since they are doing so well. Just looking forward to baseball season right now. So yeah, I am a big fan!

Don't live in Cola but would have loved to be there. I'm more a football and baseball guy. We attended every home football game this year, as well as Georgia and A&M. May go to a few basketball games especially since they are doing so well. Just looking forward to baseball season right now. So yeah, I am a big fan!
Cool

To be quite honest, the hire is growing on me the more I think about it. I do like his energy and feel he will work extremely hard to succeed.

Happy about the hire. Ecstatic with the staff he is bringing in. Can't wait for them to hit the recruiting trail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT